War of Frenskae

llamster

CHAPTER I: Planning

The sun was slowly sliding under the smooth horizon, casting long shadows all over the city of Antapolis. During this seemingly serene evening, the bustling city was ablaze with rumors. Rumors of war, rumors of policy change. Rumors that something big was about to happen...

In the center of the great city was a huge, tall building built of stone, an engineering marvel. Deep within the building, a figure walked through the passageways. Workers and officials alike saluted in respect as the figure, a young majharrat named Fendemas, passed by. Fendemas reached a door deep within the parliamentary building. The door led into a large chamber.

The chamber, in the shape of a circle about fifty feet in diameter, was ringed by rows of wooden benches, on which hundreds of government officials sat, talking with each other. Lamps bolted onto the walls lit the windowless room. Fendemas joined several others as they entered the chamber. He sat down at the red table near the center reserved for the fifteen majharrat in Parliament. Zemouregal, an intimidating majharrat that was the leader of the nation, stood up and stepped onto a raised platform emblazoned with the symbol of Zamorak. There was no podium.

"Now that everyone is present, let us begin the meeting," Zemouregal said as soon as Fendemas sat down. Zemouregal was the tallest of the twelve present, easily eight feet tall. Underneath his hood was a fair face with sharp features, resembling an elf's. His prescence seemed to radiate an aura of power that filled the room. "Zamorak bless us all."

"Amen," the others replied. Their voices echoed throughout the chamber.

"We are gathered here today to discuss something that has troubled us a great deal," Zemouregal announced in his somewhat raspy yet intimidating voice. "As all of you know, the Asgarnians have continued in their policy of conquest. They are already the strongest nation on the face of Gielinor. Soon, they, the filthy Saradomonists, may decide to encroach on our own borders, and continue to steal our land as they have done many times in the past. Far too many times." The entire chamber seemed to be hanging on to his words.

"Much of their military strength is now concentrated westward, against Kandarin. The fools have turned on their former ally, and are now engaged in a war that is demanding the attention of their men and resources. Therefore, we must strike quickly and decisively into the heart of their empire before they have a chance to regroup, rendering them incapable of military activity. Thus, we would remove the threat that is upon our nation, gain back what is ours, and honor our Lord Zamorak." The officials immediately began muttering and trading glances.

"We have received intelligence that the Asgarnian military has lessened their prescence in the upper reaches of their empire. The only things defending the area are scattered forts and local militias. A large force could easily capture substantial amounts of territory. If we take Burthorpe, we would establish a foothold that their scattered army could not break."

"If we take Burthorpe." Fendemas stood up. "And though the city may be defended by a skeletal force, it would still be a great feat. And if it were accomplished, the wrath of Asgarnia would be upon us. Their great army is undefeated, their military strength unmatched on this planet. Even with the time we have before they can counterattack, it would be very difficult to keep from being driven back."

"The northern territories mean nothing to them, at least not anymore. The city is the only thing that is of any worth, and they will not fight two wars at once to reclaim it," Zemouregal replied.

"You forget that the Asgarnians are extremely proud," a majharrat named Hazeel said. "They will not appreciate us invading their lands."

The discussion went back and forth for nearly an hour, until almost everyone had expressed their opinion. Then, it was time to vote. "Whoever is in favor of the invasion, raise their hands," Zemouregal announced. Most of the officials out their hand up. He quickly counted them all. "Three hundred and one vote for the invasion. That is the majority."

"It is decided, then. We shall prepare a force to invade Asgarnia. The battle plan will be formulated at a later date, with the generals."

Fendemas did not vote for the invasion. We're biting off more than we can chew. And he would probably have to participate in it.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Interesting...but sort of...leading...Sort of a bit like Harry Potter if Voldermort died...

Anyway bit short to try to analyse so I will give it....Intriged out of Enthralled...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Creepy, and good references to Hazeel and other various supporters of Zamorak (I almost put Voldemort there) around the runescape world. It's a bit too hazy to understand most of the plot unless you've done a large amounts of quests around Gielnor (Gielnor is, for those who don't know, the actual world in which runescape resides). Is there going to be more?

You have no idea how powerful words are....until they hit you in the head.

Creepy, and good references to Hazeel and other various supporters of Zamorak (I almost put Voldemort there) around the runescape world. It's a bit too hazy to understand most of the plot unless you've done a large amounts of quests around Gielnor (Gielnor is, for those who don't know, the actual world in which runescape resides). Is there going to be more?

Of course there's going to be more. It'd be pretty stupid if there won't. (not saying that you're stupid)

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Well, I had one story which I saw would never go far and I just lost the motivation for. It's either at the bottom of the first page, or into the second, I don't know. "Never take anything as a given" should be an unofficial rule here, except for the fact that this is a forum area for writing.

What, you say I'm 12? Where'd you get THAT info? Even though you are correct, and I'm going into 7th grade, with 8th grade skill level of everything except math, which is at a 9th grade level. And I want to be a professional author, hopefully before I become *cough cough* stupid *cough cough*...erm, I mean, an adult. Why I'm leaking these secrets I have no idea at all, besides that it's fun and people notice me for being smart, not short.

No, I'm 12. I said so on another thread.

Well I can't remember, but I remember you writing it somewhere...

Anyway people don't become stupid when they grow up...they just lose sight of the bigger picture...and focus on the money....Become a Communist overthrow the government and be happy...I would do it but I err...have to wash my hair....

But perhaps you are leaking the secrets because you want people to find out about you, and therefore set up real friendships rather than working relationships, that happen so often with these sorts of forums...

I wrote it in the Call for Submissions sticky. No, I don't want to leak information, but I do want to establish a Communist government in America... after I go preach and Africa and... go take a shower.

I'm getting confused between who is saying what about who, and I'm just here because the forums are nice and I have almost nothing better to do with my time. As long as nobody comes to kill me, I think I'll be fine. And I don't think I'd be leaking a secret that should be so well-kept that someone would murder to keep it quiet.

Powerent, have you read my other story? It's called --.

Its not exactly that secretive...Eventually they are going to have to find out...

And as I said...or meant to say...Relationships are built on trust...and if you confide in other people then you feel they are more likely to trust you...as a result you trust them more and the friendship grows...

Don't think I've read The Adventures of Jack, I'll look for it.

Edit: I have, in fact, read it. Nice story.

CHAPTER II: RIVERPOST

Tucked away in the mountains, the small village of Riverpost seldom received any visitors other than the boats that would stop by every few months to trade with the approximately 100 villagers on their way to the larger towns. Now, it was springtime, and the villagers were busy planting their crops.

The fresh mountain breeze filled Wallace's lungs as the 15-year old boy dug into the packed soil with a slightly rusty hoe. A short distance away, his 17-year old sister, Klarise, was doing the same thing. Their patch of farmland was fairly small, some several thousand square feet, yet after several hours the two siblings were not quite halfway done. After plowing, the soil had to be fertilized with manure, and then the seeds would have to be planted, and so on. I hate spring, Wallace thought.

Minutes later, Wallace's mother stepped out of their tiny house and called,"Wallace! Klarise! Time for lunch!" He abandoned his hoe and went inside.

--------------------

The sun had sunk under the western horizon. Tommorow, they would finish turning the soil and move on to the next part of the process that brought food to Wallace's table. But for now, the work was over. Wallace and Klarise were inside, playing a game of chess with roughly cut pieces on a generations-old board. Their younger sister, seven-year-old Tara, was already asleep. The three siblings were the only survivors of eight children. Their mother was just finishing up cleaning up, which wasn't a very difficult feat considering the size of their home. Their father, a tall, burly man hardened by years of farming, approached the two siblings.

"Wallace. Klarise. I need you to do something." The two of them looked up.

"Yes, Father?" Klarise replied.

"The two of you aren't gonna do any work tomorrow." Wallace silently celebrated, before realizing a split second later why this was. "You'll have to go down to Andurn to pick up some supplies. And not just for us, but for some of our neighbors, also. Carter will be coming along with ya." Wallace felt even more jubilant at this. Andurn was a large town about ten miles south of Riverpost. He had never been to Andurn, nor had his sister.

"Now go ahead and get to sleep," Geoff said. "You'll still be wakin' up at the same time." He then went to say something to his wife.

--------------------

The half-crescent moon gleamed off the Asgar, revealing a massive army on the move. Among the soldiers were heavily armored infantry wielding huge, three-and-a-half foot long swords, cavalry riding strange four-legged animals and archers with massive recurve bows. Several dozen massive bombards were pulled on wooden carts by creatures similar to that the demons rode, except that they were much larger, and many smaller cannon were scattered about the troops. The army was marching on both sides of the broad Asgar, which was filled with boats flying red flags.

In the midst of this massive force stood an elfish figure, surrounded by a group of soldiers wearing ornate blue armor and wielding long staffs. The elf was walking, unlike many leaders who preferred riding in magnificent chariots. He raised a hand and shouted a command, instantly joined in by many others. The soldiers immediately ceased marching. "We stay here until next morning," Fendemas announced. The news quickly spread among the ranks. The weary soldiers spreaded out in the valley and pitched thousands of tents. The boats anchored, rolling up their sails. The massive goraks were relieved of their burdens, and sat down to sleep. As the troops prepared for the night, Fendemas was meeting with his generals, preparing their next moves.

Ok there is a rule...in writing...

NEVER START A NEW PARAGRAPH

The Demon Army...

Nothing good can come from that starting sentance...it gives away too much yet not enough...its just not good...

Otherwise the first bit was pretty good... I hate spring really characteries him in just one sentance...

Sorry, my friend had to use the computer. I didn't want to retype what I already did.

EDIT: I changed it to "the army". Hopefully that won't give it away.

• 2 months later...

Bumpity bumpity bumpity bumpity bump. Dang, they really have to fill up these potholes.

I have not abandoned this story. I'm just too busy (lazy)to work on it.

EDIT: AT LONG LAST! THREE DAYS WITHOUT SCHOOL! FINALLY I CAN WORK ON THIS!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...