A potential solution the drop sharing problem

skreeran1

One thing, can someone put this on the RSOF for me? My membership just ran out, and I can't renew it yet. I don't care about credit.

Who:

This will benefit all players who are teaming bosses, get a rare drop and wish to share with their teammates. Under the current circumstances, this will be impossible as of the first week of January.

What:

Okay, here's how it will work. Let's say a team of 3 people go team General Graardor (Bandos General). After turning on a certain option in LootShare (turning all drops whose value is greater than a set value, (I'd use 1mil) into certificates), they battle him several times, and finally, they get the message "*Clan Channel Name* has received Bandos Hilt" (Rather than "*Player Name* has received Bandos hilt"). So what happens is, where the hilt would be, there are actually three slips of paper (similar in appearace to noted items). The actual hilt item is stored in a safe deposit box at the Grand Exchange. The three players could go and deposit their tickets, which places the item on the Grand Exchange, where they will receive 1/3 of the value of the item one it sells. Alternatively, if one player wanted to get the actual item, rather than the money from its sale, he can hit a button that tells the box so (if he has enough money in the bank, and types his pin if he has one), which initiates a trade screen-like confirmation for the other players. They both have to hit "Accept" and immediately recieve their share of the money. Their money is taken directly out of the bank of the player who got the hilt.

When:

This should be done preferably before the first week of January, but if this is not possible, than it should be done as soon as possible.

Why:

Jagex has clearly tried to make drops fair for teams by adding LootShare, but this new feature will make it even more fair and foolproof.

How:

Just as certain items have programming recording exactly where they came from (think of the Gnome Delivery minigame before the gnome foods update. The customers knew whether you made it or not, despite the item bought from the restaurant having the exact same name. This was before the added "Premade" to the title of the store-bought items), these certificates would record exactly how many players where fighting the boss and on LootShare when the item was dropped. Thus, the sales money can be divided easily and fairly. Also, if one player wants to pay the other players so that he can keep the item, it will require all certificate holders to be present at the deposit box. Also, the certificates would say what they were claim to (AKA the certificates in the above scenario would be titled "Bandos Hilt Cert"s), but they would all be non-member items, as they are for redeeming money, not the actual item (thus if someone's membership ran out before claiming the money, they could still claim it so long as they still had the certificate). All certificates would be non-tradable.

Did I miss anything? Feel free to make suggestions.

Fix Boss Monster Drops for teams!!!

Tip.it Forums

Zybez Community Forums

RSOF Quick find: 24-25-592-54824756

I support, I like the ticket idea. Make sure it has A high value so it protects over stuff. (If you die on the way out with a bandos hilt, you would still keep the bandos hilt most of the time). I had an idea without the tickets, you would just stop by the GE later. One problem I could see is that the GE only has 6 slots and a lucky monster killing team could get far more than that at DKs....

Well, if possible I would have it so that its "General Store value" (which determines what is kept upon death), is the same of a fraction (however many players it was split between) of the general store value of whatever item is split. Even though you can't sell these :P.

Tip.it Forums

Zybez Community Forums

Sounds like a nice idea with a little bit of tweaking.

But where did you get January 18th from?

From what I heard it will be one of the first few days of January when Jagex get on to update it.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Sounds like a nice idea with a little bit of tweaking.

But where did you get January 18th from?

From what I heard it will be one of the first few days of January when Jagex get on to update it.

I must have heard it somewhere else, I think it was on one the RSOF, I'll check Jagex's post again and make any necessary changes. ;)

Tip.it Forums

Zybez Community Forums

What happens when you lose one of these tickets?

Will you never be able to recieve it?

I suggest that you need to pay 1/3 of the highest price for that item on the GE to buy back your ticket, so you can get that item. This is better because if all of your dropped items are safely stored you could essentially stay somewhere forever.

And what if you have a 1/2, and 1/3 and another 1/3 ticket?

Will you recieve the extra part back?

This could get confusing.

magicmagics.png

Magicmagics.png

Magicmagics.png