Drop rate for dragon pickaxe.

bob34763w9

Hi, I was wondering what the drop rate for the dragon pickaxe is. Runescape Wiki says it is extremely rare but if there is a

legitimate percentage I want to know what it is. The reason I ask is because currently I am attempting to get one for myself

by killing Dwogres. Also, if someone knows whether or not a ring of wealth has any effect on the drop rate of the dragon pickaxe

I would like to know that as well.

Thanks in advance :smile: .

AetherStorm.png

Drops: 1 Dragon Platelegs, 1 Verac's Helm, 1 Karil's Top

• 4 months later...

The drop rate is largest with Chaos Dwogers, it is 1/750 which is pretty large considering that the pickaxe is worth 14.4m currently. A ring of wealth would effect this making it as little as 1/700.

A percentage for those numbers are .13% without ring of wealth and .14% with ring of wealth

Hope this helps you.

Any questions pm me on game. Henry King

^ Way to bump an old topic AND supply false information at the same time.

I got about 28 hand cannons before getting a dragon pickaxe. I killed about 75% cannoneers + chaos dwarves and 25% dwogres. The drop rate is very slim. Ring of Wealth does NOT affect the dragon pickaxe's droprate.

I'd recommend hand cannoneers. You can get about 600k profit/h from these guys without the dragon pickaxe. If we say 30 hand cannons per pickaxe, you *should* get a pickaxe every 20 hours, bumping up the profit to about 2m/h. Still seems pretty high to me so I'd imagine the drop rate would be even lower.

Ring of Wealth does NOT affect the dragon pickaxe's droprate.

Quoting Jagex...

The ring of wealth comes into play whenever you are rolling on the rare drop table, its ability effectively removing most of the empty slots, drastically increasing your chances of receiving an item from the rare drop table.

(...)The rare drop table contains some of the more exclusive items in the game, including, but not limited to, dragon items(...)

Don't hang me up on this, but I'm pretty sure a dragon pickaxe is of the material dragon...

Source

Now quit it. Wealth affects it.

As for the droprate I heard 1:600-700 :)

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Read and quote the whole thing next time before you make a fool out of yourself:

The rare drop table is shared between a variety of NPCs - e.g. goblins, fire giants, most Slayer creatures. A good way to tell is that if an NPC is known to drop a half key, then it will drop other items from the rare drop table. There are, however, certain very rare drops that are not on the rare drop table, because they are specific to certain NPCs or NPC types (e.g. the draconic visage is only ever dropped by dragons; godsword pieces only by the God Wars Dungeon bosses) and it would not make sense for these items to be dropped by, say, a fire giant.

This means that any item that is affected by the ROW is dropped by MOST monsters. These items can be deduced empirically to be:

• uncut gems
  • half keys
  • dragon spears
  • dragon left half shields
  • rune spears
  • rune javelins (5)
  • nature talisman

It would not make sense for the dragon pickaxe to be affected by the ROW because the dragon pickaxe is not dropped by many other monsters.

Read and quote the whole thing next time before you make a fool out of yourself:

The rare drop table is shared between a variety of NPCs - e.g. goblins, fire giants, most Slayer creatures. A good way to tell is that if an NPC is known to drop a half key, then it will drop other items from the rare drop table. There are, however, certain very rare drops that are not on the rare drop table, because they are specific to certain NPCs or NPC types (e.g. the draconic visage is only ever dropped by dragons; godsword pieces only by the God Wars Dungeon bosses) and it would not make sense for these items to be dropped by, say, a fire giant.

This means that any item that is affected by the ROW is dropped by MOST monsters. These items can be deduced empirically to be:

• uncut gems
  • half keys
  • dragon spears
  • dragon left half shields
  • rune spears
  • rune javelins (5)
  • nature talisman

It would not make sense for the dragon pickaxe to be affected by the ROW because the dragon pickaxe is not dropped by many other monsters.

SuccessfulTrollisSuccessful.jpg

Nah jokes, you're right lol. :wall:

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

• 3 years later...

To clear it all up

Dragon pickaxes are very rare drops from Chaos dwogres

, Chaos dwarf hand cannoneers

, and level 40 Chaos dwarves

on the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield

(level 68 Chaos dwarves do *not* drop the pickaxe) after completion of the quest. They are also a possible reward from theTriskelion Treasures

. The quest does *not*need to be completed in order to use this item. The ring of wealth

does not affect the chance to get the pickaxe as a drop.