Dungeoneering � Solo vs. Group

Bier

Im interested in getting some of the rewards dungeoneering offers and wonder how the xp is doing it solo compared to in a group. From what Ive heard its best doing it in a group but I prefer doing stuff in RS on my own. So I wonder if theres any truth to this and in that case how much worse the xp is doing it alone.

namnlskopia.jpg

I'd say, overall, with everything factored in(finding teams, failing with teams etc etc) the 5:5 team xp is around 150% of the xp you would get as a good soloer. The xp differance is quite big, but i'd say well balanced when you factor in that most people don't like teaming and the frustration you would grequently experience while teaming. Only if you have a consistent team of dungeoneering pros would you get 200% of the xp you get while soloing(which is very rare).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Early levels of dungeoneering go very slow (least my first 20 have thus far) by soloing as well fyi. Not sure if the exp seems to speed up as you get a little more higher level...

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Early levels of dungeoneering go very slow (least my first 20 have thus far) by soloing as well fyi. Not sure if the exp seems to speed up as you get a little more higher level...

The trend seems to be, roughly, a doubling of xp rate every 20 dungeoneering levels (or 10 floors)

the rate at which the xp rate increases is slightly higher at lower levels than at higher levels though.

*shrug* maybe someone cracked the xp equation for dung :P

Naaxi.png

Not worth doing solo I'm afraid. Tried to find a solution as well, but as of now there's nothing we can do. You're limited to small dungeons, for starters, and in the time you complete a large dungeon with even a lousy team, you'd still get at least three times more the exp doing small ones alone.

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

Not worth doing solo I'm afraid. Tried to find a solution as well, but as of now there's nothing we can do. You're limited to small dungeons, for starters, and in the time you complete a large dungeon with even a lousy team, you'd still get at least three times more the exp doing small ones alone.

Being limited to small dungeons is not the problem with solo, mediums or even larges would give worse xp soloing then smalls do. And well, i can complete 5-6 small solo dungeons in the time it takes a team to do an average large dungeon, still not the best xp, but if you can't team for any reason, not too terrible.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Once you get your dungeon lvl high enough and can find teams that are good at it the exp rate picks up to around 60kexp/hr or higher by doing c1-4 for floors 1-24 and 5:5 large rush on 25-25. Whereas solo will only get you about 10k an hour so its not even remotely close, find a good team that you can play with regularly or a decent clan.

pocket_0aces.png

The matter of what size team to use comes down to one major trade-off and one matter of personal preference. The trade-off is between convenience and XP; the preference issue relates to enjoyment.

Small teams are more convenient and offer greater flexibility than large ones. Solo play means you can do a dungeon any time you want, and you can always do whichever floors you need to complete on your current prestige run without worrying about anyone else. A small team of 2 or 3 players reduces flexibility, because you need to recruit teammates or coordinate schedules with friends, and find common floors to do. Large teams of 4 or 5 make this worse, and also often require a lengthy time commitment.

The flip side is that soloing gives by far the worst XP in the game. You can get effectively double the XP rate in a team of 5 that you can playing by yourself. This is the payoff for the inconvenience of assembling a team.

As for enjoyment, this is largely personal taste. Some players really have fun playing with teams, especially if they have friends they go into dungeons with routinely. Other players detest teams, finding the need to constantly recruit teammates and deal with the occasional (but inevitable) idiot a real annoyance. On the other hand, certain players find solo play relaxing, while others find it boring as hell.

If you prefer playing in a team, you should always do teams, for their XP benefits.

If you enjoy soloing and dislike teams, but are willing to put up with them for high XP, then I recommend using my solo snake eyes method on floors from 1 to 25-30, and then doing teams on large maps for the deep floors. Also consider trying to find a friend to duo some of the floors with instead of soloing them, as you might enjoy this more than a typical big team, and youll get more experience.

If you absolutely hate teams and will not be in one under any circumstances, then obviously you will solo. You should probably use a limited rush method for the lowest floors, and then fully explore the higher numbered floors to maximize XP.

From this guide.

If the xp doing it solo is as bad as you say I would probably rather be in a team. Whats the best way to find a decent team? I looked at the RSOF but didnt really find anything.

namnlskopia.jpg