[Sydan] 2366 / 2475 - Nexing (solo Nex log) - 2nd Pernix Cowl solo & Torva platelegs duo

Finished Kiln for Onyx #31. Rest of the day I spent dreaming about owning a partyhat and playing RS Classic. Still loads of Kilns left to complete. Gets tedious. Might need a bit of break from that actually.. Not sure what to do. :?

u5zhkTY.gif

You could try some skilling for money if kiln is getting boring :wink:

Grenwall for hunter are said to make around 2m/hr at 85+, I think. Bots might be an issue :?

Very nice progress otherwise though :eek:

And I love your blogging style btw, 'tis a good read :cool:

vP6O8.png

Click for blog - Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature ;)

You could try some skilling for money if kiln is getting boring :wink:

Grenwall for hunter are said to make around 2m/hr at 85+, I think. Bots might be an issue :?

Very nice progress otherwise though :eek:

And I love your blogging style btw, 'tis a good read :cool:

Thanks for your kind words. I did go through a small (or a bit bigger) burst of despair with my goal, but I managed to get over it and back on tracks. I'm type of person who would want everything now, instead of having patience to wait and work towards my goals. Well, atleast to some extent. I often tend to start goals, quit goals, start another goal and quit again. My progress (apart few exceptions) in this game has pretty much always been that way. I start a big goal, try to tackle it with a huge burst of motivation before it fades away. I try to take giant steps at a time towards what I am aiming, and it usually burns me out and away of what I am doing. After those few giant steps I usually take some time off the game and sometimes don't play at all for shorter or longer periods of time. However, in long run that evens up to small steps forward.

I tried a bit of merchanting today, I tried to figure skills to train, I tried and tried to think of something to take place of my goal, but I couldn't. Main point is that fight kiln offers me the best and most efficient way towards reaching my goals. The problem was always the speed. I can't keep on pushing myself doing few kilns a day, cause that simply is not fun anymore. That being said, I will continue on my fight kiln goal (as I have already made so much progress), but take my time doing so. I have played 10 years already yet still feel motivated to play, it's not llikely I'd be quitting (atleast for good) any time soon. I might take a break, but I will return after. My current focus is on doing whatever I feel like, without forgetting the goal I have. I'm still aiming towards maxed melees, max cape and set of rares and a party hat in the progress. I'm just reminding myself I have no reason to hurry for it.

I'd like to thank you all who follow my blogs and write a sentence or two every now and then. Those words give me motivation to play and aim towards goals and believe that I will some day reach them. Because as long as you have goals and motivation, this game keeps you entertained for long. Thank you all and remember to check my RSC blog aswell. :razz:

u5zhkTY.gif

This time I'm too lazy to write long stories so I'll let pictures talk for themselves.

250m coins goal passed. This was only for a picture, cause I bought zaryte bow and arcane back right after this picture. Now about 100m coins left.

250mrikki.png

Realised I cropped badly by the way.. Oh well. Anyways..

Next thing I got 95 dungeoneering (forgot to picture), and I'm now about 4m experience away from 99. So I'm dungeoneering quite a bit now. Might get 99, might not. Not in a hurry with that.

This morning I got this from SOF (shame it's not that 200m, heh).

500ksof.png

I felt a bit dirty accepting his money though. :(

Latest but not least I bought 200 runecoins to buy the cabaret outfit. It's the best looking costume in my opinion ever made in RS. Quite stupid that you have to pay to get it, but in overall I don't really mind. It's also funny that you can hide all your stuffs, armours and such under them. Works like charm when dungeoneering. Atleast people won't start yelling about armour hoarding or while smithing in dungeon. I know, I know. It's bad for exp, but who cares. It's awesome to have platebody under your shirt or full helm under your hat. I doubt anyone would see that coming. "Promethium! You are full of surprises, Mr. Sydan!"

outfit.png

Back to dungeon. ->

u5zhkTY.gif

Got onyx #36 and died on attempt to get another. I guess I should just stick to my old habits of doing instead of trying new things. I'm so used to my ways already that I keep forgetting stuff. Like this time I tried to use constitution crystal before armadillo wave, and forgot it was active during it. I got comboed by dil and zek while trying to spam click restoration crystal. :( It's so frustrating to die at this point when you make easy mistakes like that. Especially when you're already 80% done with the kiln. Missed 4,5m profit there, which sucks. Especially when you're doing kiln solely for profit. I think enough kiln for today. Argh.

Atleast I got upto 113m cashpile with selling 2 onyxes. I'm running low on supplies though, so that 10m I made will probably dissapear faster than I got it. Oh well. :(

u5zhkTY.gif

sagiarrows.png

These will make my dungeoneering a bit more fun. Now all I need are 99 melees to get the rest of the binds I want. Primal plate and primal 2h. And of course 100 dg for that. :)

u5zhkTY.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My blog got messed up some way, all spaces were removed from my first post. I spent almost hour today putting the spaces back and making my blog into viewable shape again. I also removed some parts of front page and updated the levelup log. On other news, I'm barraging rock lobsters towards 96 summoning. I also sold my zaryte bow for 97,5m (nice 12m profit there). I also died at fight kiln using geyser titan familiar (which wasn't too bad really), because losing focus at armadillo wave. I was going towards new record time though. Now I'm staying out of kiln until iron titan at 95 summoning, which should be good familiar there.

u5zhkTY.gif

Great profit on the bow! How long do you think it will take you to get 95 summoning?

Yeah the profit was nice. My only concern is that I might want to buy it back eventually (it's a great bow), and it will cost me even more than that then. Karil's crossbow is great alternative though, so maybe I'll go with that one.

I don't really have an idea how long would it take, but obviously a while. Summoning is a slow skill to train, and no matter what you kill for charms (glacors, waterfiends, rock lobsters) it gets a bit tedious in the long run. So I'm trying to alternate. Mostly I've been doing glacors lately, including a session with familiarisation (great minigame to play once a week) bonus. I got over 100 blue charms and 100 crimsons in 40 minutes, which was great. Only if one could play it more often than once a week. And only if those glacors would start giving some loot aswell. Been over 1,000 kills since my last pair of boots, and it feels like forever (and it is forever).

I'm currently like 3m away from 96 summoning (which I also want for pack yak), and I have almost 1 million experience banked in charms. I'm also doing some slayer tasks in the midst. So basically I have like 2 million (1,2 or so for iron titan) left to collect, which should take me a week atleast. Tomorrow I have chance to play Troll Invasion for 60k+ extra summoning xp, and I hope squeel is helpful with occasional lamps. Hopefully it won't take too long, cause I really want those familiars soon. So many things to try with them (dagannoth kings, frost dragons etc.).

u5zhkTY.gif

After playing out a bit with the good old combat calculator in Tip.it page, I realised that one of my biggest goals ever since I started playing RSC is not that far. Highest possible combat level. 138 Combat.

For those who are familiar with RSC, it's the most typical goal any new player would have. In RSC combat was pretty much the only way to compare yourself against others, cause there were no skillcapes, super expensive items, max capes, completionist capes or any of that sort. There was just you, maybe rune armour and digits to measure your strenght. Of course, when you start as a level 5 (starting level in RSC) and you see someone with 50 combat walking past you, you want to be just like him. Especially if you're 10 years old and new to all sorts of RPG's.

I still remember the first time I saw person with triple digits combat level. Before that I always thought 99 would be the highest combat level, as all other levels in RuneScape ended in 99 too. That much I had learned from hiscores. My first question to this female characther was if she was a moderator. She laughed at me and asked why would I think so and I still remember saying her "because you're level 102 - how can you be level 102?" Ever since I always wanted to be over 100 combat. There was something magical in that number.

Well days, months and years passed. RSC turned into RS2, I finally reached 80, 90 and 100 combat. Only if I still had that picture, cause it was a big moment for me with this game. As the time passed and I got closer to 110 combat I started to consider if I'd be 126 combat someday. Of course this was the time before summoning came out. As soon as I found out 126 was the maximum level, it was the one I wanted to have. As soon as summoning came out and it became 138, so did my goal.

Now 10 years, 130 levels and 3592 hours later I can finally say that all I have left is the last stretch. I'm level 135 combat, and I have only 3 left. 3 Levels to complete the goal I set myself ever since first time seeing someone having higher level than me. 10 years ago. Alot has changed in 10 years with this game and with me. I'm not the 10 year old kid following everyone higher level than me asking how did they do it, or the one taking screenshot everytime seeing someone with maxed combat. Of course, the game is not the same anymore either, 138 combat is not the achievement it was at the first or 126 what it was in RSC, but it still is to date the highest level in this game. However, as we all know; with the EoC around the corner - it won't be that for long. So without further ado, let me present you my first and latest goal. 138 combat.

Here's how I will do it.

As of now I'm 135 combat with 96 attack, 97 strenght, 97 defense, 96 prayer, 99 constitution and 92 summoning. According to Tip.it's loyal helper program it means I'm 13 levels away from 138 combat. 99 attack, 99 strenght, 99 defense, 98 prayer, 99 constitution and 96 summoning.

I think it would make this goal a bit more interesting if I would achieve 138 combat with 2300 total.

Here goes! When all of these show 100% I've completed my goal.

Sydan.png

Sydan.png

Sydan.png

Sydan.png

Sydan.png

Sydan.png

• Like 1

u5zhkTY.gif

Been killing armoured zombies for some rather easy, semi AFK'able xp, while working on other things. It's easy and relaxing way to train, and I think I will be doing it for most of my levels. I know it's not best way in terms of working towards max cape, but considering my limited time I think it's okay. I hope the combat evolution will eventually make combat and slayer more fun, and maybe even more faster. I will train a bit of slayer too in the midst, when I feel like doing so.

I will also need to kill some more glacors/rock lobsters/waterfiends towards my summoning goal. So far I've gained few hundred k's of attack xp since the last post.

Today I also passed 11m experience mark on all melee skills, which means I've gone 4% forward in attack and a bit in the rest. 16% or 2,000,000 experience left per melee skill. I think I can pull this one through.

u5zhkTY.gif

I got 83 fishing today c2 fishing, which means I'm also 83+ on all skills now. However, this means I can't complete my goals with 2300 total, so I decided to leave the dungeoneering goal out of this, and achieve 2300 total with 138 combat (without dungeoneering). This was mostly because I don't feel like dungeoneering at the moment.

u5zhkTY.gif

Just a quick late night update. I got 95 summoning (iron titan!) and also 136 combat. After getting it I went to test it straight away to the fight kiln. I was finding kiln first a bit harder to complete with no healing familiar, which resulted into me dying 3 times in course of few runs. However, after a bit of struggling I finally learned to control my titan a bit better and also avoid losing health or making stupid mistakes while stumbling with titan control. So in total I have completed kiln 44 times now, which means I've got 43 onyxes!

I'm continuing with my kiln process while slowly training my skills there towards maxed melees. I managed to do my fastest kiln up to date (00:55:32) and also managed to move my average kiln time to about 56-57 minutes. I know that still isn't what some people here can do, but personally the 10-15 minutes is great progress. I'm considering about going through the horrible boredom tower for dreadnips to speed that a bit more. I have no idea how those work though and I'm a bit worried that if I'd got them I'd be in even bigger trouble trying to control not just the [developementally delayed] iron titan but dreadnips aswell. Will think about that!

Sorry for lack of pictures, but they are on my another computer and I can't be bothered opening it now. More to come, stay around. :)

u5zhkTY.gif

It's been a while since latest update, but this time however that doesn't mean I haven't been doing anything... Instead, I've been doing alot. So I don't know where to start.

I tried various of best equipment in RuneScape by putting my newly earned wealth into use, in terms of Torva, Pernix and Virtus. Of course, I couldn't buy all at once, but after trying something out I sold it and bought another. I tried them mostly at QBD, which quickly became a good hobby of mine. After learning how to kill her fast and smooth, it became a decent option for moneymaking. It also offered great rewards in terms of experience, it also became useful in terms of reaching my maxed combat goal. I killed her about 100 times, and received fair piece of loot in the progress, including 7 royal crossbow pieces. Shame enough, I didn't realise to take a picture of my drop tab before selling it all.

Killing the queen gained me experience for achievement worthy of a picture:

99strenght.png

That means I'm 1 last level short of my 138 combat goal, which now seems to be very close!

Reason why I sold all my stuff so fast was because I realised I was very very close to breaking a milestone I've been working for so long. Here, let the pictures talk, cause I hardly ever use pictures in my posts:

500mcash.png

Yes, 500m gp. First half of billion geepees! How did I get there is a whole different story. Some might remember that about month back I had reached the 300m mark, and going 200m up in a month seems like alot of process, so let me break down it to you. First of all, I got quite alot of gp from selling all the onyxes from kiln I had in bank. Next I sold all the QBD loot I had gained. And last but definitely not least, I decided to gamble a bit. I usually don't gamble but I decided to try it at small amounts to see if a strategy I developed would be able to turn odds around in my favour. Long story short, it didn't really work, but I got lucky. So I made some mils there too. However, thats not something I'm going to try again. Also, I sold almost all of the gear I had, to reach the last pennies to break this milestone.

After getting 500m cash in bank, I decided that I don't want to break the cashpile again to get myself all the gear and items I needed. So instead I decided to start a little challenge against myself. Recover my bank without touching to those coins in bank. That meant I had like 6m gold, claws, fury and my good old rapier to start with. Of course it's not really "starting from scratch", but for a person who already got used to all the luxuries of glacor boots, storm of armadyl, full bandos and so on, it's definitely a step backwards. But just for the time being. My goal is to reach all the gear I had before, without touching to that 500m. That will definitely take me a while, but it will also make leveling, training and gaining money a bit less monotonous task with rewards to come by at smaller distances. In terms of new and better equipment.

So, I started with a skill that I have been ignoring for too long; slayer. The skill that used to be my favourite in this game, became something I never had time to train on. I had fight kiln, glacors, bandos, QBD...

However, with a new boost of motivation to keep me going, I'm training slayer for the time being. I hope to reach full bandos and steadfast boots as soon as possible, from the loot I gather from slayer. Here is some of the stuff I have gained from slayer tasks so far. I know, I'm seriously hoarding everything right now. :D

bankkerointi.png

The books inside red square are the 4 dragonkin journals I gained as loots from QBD. Rest is alot of slayer junk I hope will eventually make some money after enough piling up.

And last but not least, here is another achievement worth of a picture I got just a hour ago. Two down, one last melee left to go.

99attack.png

More to come.

u5zhkTY.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Low_Levelled and Gregor for comments again. :P

I haven't had much time to play lately, because my school started on last week. New school, new people and alot of new things to do and learn. And to party. So no much time for RuneScape, and even when I do, I'm usually too tired to play.

So what I'm doing at the moment?

I invested that 500m into all sorts of raw materials in hopes of making a buck from the botnuke. While I'm ingame, I'm leeching floors for dungeoneering. I want to get that to 99 and 100 next. Should cost me like 50m, but saves alot of trouble. Not really in a mood for real dungeoneering. I might start that after 100 dg and third bind. Dging without plate or hood is quite tedious. So plate will help me alot. Until that, leeching it is.

Stay tuned.

u5zhkTY.gif

• 5 months later...

Hey all! I've decided to resurrect this blog, since our PVM challenge got sort of cancelled (with Rohanlord). So from now on I shall be updating this blog again every now and then. Currently I'm Nexing and making bank there. Alot has happened since my last post to this blog, so one day I try to gather up pictures and write bigger post about what has happened in past half year!!! Stay around! :razz:

• Like 2

u5zhkTY.gif

First of all, thank you constrictor for nice words! Soloing Nex is no easy task, but there are quite few people who can do it. Actually it took me many many tries to get my strategy, equipment and skills set to slaughter her alone. I did practise alot with friends on duo and trio trips. That being said - I just updated my front page Nex drop log to include all my drops (I had half of the drops saved on other computer) and the total price of profit I've made so far. On Nex the original drops pay for the cost of supplies (and a bit extra), so all the item drops are pure profit. Thank you also to Gregor and Tansuo for liking my post (and obviously atleast reading my blog). Second, I'm sorry that it took me this long to get back to updating my daily journeys. I know there are atleast few people out there who were regular readers.

Now that's out of the way - I should warn you - this is going to be long post. Alot can happen in over half a year of not updating blog, so I'm trying to put all the most important things in one post. So where to start?

Well, I suppose where the story paused last time.

So last you heard about me, I had invested that 500m on all kind of stuff waiting for botnuke, bonus XP weekend and what not... Needless to say none of those actually came and I was sitting on quite big pile of wealth in items I didn't need. On the positive side of things, I managed to get the lucky streak and most of my items sold for more than I bought them. I don't have exact figures at hand, but I'm sure I made hundred mil or more atleast. Talking about it like this makes it sound it was like pocket change for me. It was really quite a long while and quite amount of stress I went through having all my wealth tied to those items.

Anyone who have followed my blog for a while might have noticed that I don't tend to stick on my goals for very long. So eventually I sold all my items for whatever price I got (I still profited) and started a PVM challenge with Rohanlord. Someone might've noticed that thread. Well, basically we just killed alot of stuff. Then came EoC and that goal was done there.

I do not wish to bore you with walls of text, so let me add some pictures here. Here are some drops that I got during that era of time.

[hide]ragefireboots.png

steadfastboots.png

saradominsword.png

abyssalwhip.png[/hide]

Just to put few pictures in. I actually got quite a few more drops, but as all my RuneScape files and pictures are divided between two computers and online photobucket, I am a bit lost as to where which one is. Or not even sure if I actually have taken more pictures. I used to take more pictures before but I've gotten lazy ever since.

Not am I only lost with my pictures, but times and dates (days, not dates dates) also. During these past few months I am not sure what kind of levels I got and in which order. It actually saddens me a bit that I don't even have picture of all my 99 level ups anymore. Atleast I don't know where they are. For sure I have no clue which day I got them (unlike my first eight or so 99s). However, here are some pictures of me levelling up.

[hide]99defence_zps69170c39.png

99prayer.png

[/hide]

I did also get 99 summoning and dungeoneering somewhere around that time, but pictures are lost somewhere in bitspace. Bitscape?

Nevertheless, if my memory serves me right then came EoC and my RuneScape career was definitely on the Brink of it's Extinction. Learning all the ways to kill bosses again was almost like learning a new game and for a moment I thought of giving up all together. However, one does not simply quit 'scaping. So here I am. Still.

Arrival of EoC was interesting time bank wise, as I was able to liquidate all my items fast after update announcement, and unlike many others who lost alot of money on item crashes, I managed to invest in some potential bestseller gear. At one point I had multiple arcane spirit shields, zaryte bows and what else? I definitely made like 200m from those invests alone. Even though I felt very lost with the upcoming changes, with help of forum and paying attention to item discussion topics I managed to stay on top of my investments. After the dust had settled and EoC properly rolled in, I had pretty decent stack to beging buying gear with. It's shame I don't have pictures about my bank from this time, cause it often plays quite big part of my stories. I'm a money hoarder, I know. I just wanted to get that partyhat!

Now talking about partyhats, I eventually decided to take the step and try the new combat system. It was hard at first, but after enough of practice I found some things actually rather enjoyable to do. For example dungeoneering became actually quite fun alongside some bosses. Now I could say, I don't miss any old boss. Rohan would say TD's, but I was never fan of those anyways.

Here's a picture of me and Rohanlord duoing Saradomin. It was one of the first bosses we tried after EoC. It was ridiculously easy too. Soulsplit, blood barrage and spam abilities. Check.

[hide]sarahilt_zps91ec832a.png[/hide]

So after the good experiences I got with some GWD bosses, I was starting to get hooked. Introduction of Player Owned Ports was the thing that draw me back to gaming like in the old days. I was really happy to check my boats daily and send them to voyages few times a day. On first days I used to just stand 20 minutes on the port waiting for my ships to return. After that I actually took a skilling spree and managed to level up all my POP related skills to 90+. As of the time being I'm only 6 levels short of 90+ all skills. That's 6 long levels though.

Once again I've lost track of what happened since, but I suppose I did PvM here and there, dungeoneer here and there, merch a little and send my voyages out on daily basis. And yes, I did do skills too. I'm not really aware how did I actually come together with the last missing amount of money to finally achieve a goal I had chased since last summer. Getting a partyhat. I'm well aware how I got to 600m, 800m eventually close to 1b and so on, but somehow the last missing 100m or so I'm not sure. For one thing I am sure is that I basically sold everything I had to get it. Here's a picture of that beauty.

[hide]purplephat_zps8479e0e3.png[/hide]

I do remember the day I got it and I seriously spent like hour just watching it. It was over a year long goal finally came to conclusion. Of course it was not the real conclusion, not with that colour! But still a conclusion of sort. I had finally got the item I thought was basically impossible to obtain without some sort of cheat.

Next month went by skilling, dungeoneering and lending that partyhat out. As ridiculous as it sounds to collect money for a year to get item to lend out, it actually made a decent buck on a daily basis. For very little worth. I managed to raise my cashpile with like 1,5m-2m a day just lending the hat out. Month of doing that and I already had enough to get me some decent gear to get back to PvM.

So not long after that I did some trades to end up with this.

[hide]yellowphat_zpsd0bf0016.png[/hide]

As you can see from the G.E. history, I used to merchant battlestaffs, spirit shields and some uncut gems to make back my money. Alongside with lending that partyhat out daily, I was making pretty decent cash without actually doing anything. Long story short the life of that yellow partyhat (atleast in my custody) was not very long, as in a week or so after I bought it I downgraded my partyhat back to purple. I needed money to get some drygores to go Nexing. Eventually I had to loan last bit of money from Rohanlord to get me dual drygore maces. I was too keen on my partyhat to completely get rid of it. Purple had to do. For the time being. Now that I look back, purple didn't look bad at all.

So long story short. What happened next was alot of nex (nice rhyme, no?). I made alot of money, I got frustrated, I died alot. Made more money, died more, tried to solo - failed horribly. Lost my tetsu helm thanks to disconnections (look rants section - there is my thread). And made more money. And at one point I loaned more from Rohanlord. And then paid it back. Atleast twice. Point of the story, I made enough money to get the gear I needed to solo Nex, partyhat I wanted (picture later) and enough cash to live happily ever after.

Problem, I'm not sure if there is enough money to keep me happy long enough. After I got one partyhat, I started dreaming about having another one... So for the time being, I'm soloing Nex (and duoing, trioing of course) every now and then. I try to get my total level to 2400, all levels to 90+ (eventually max) and dungeoneering to 120. If I can bother.

At the end here is a collaboration picture of the stuff I have. Enjoy!

[hide]collab_zpsfacde721.png[/hide]

Thanks for reading!!!

ps. It's late in the evening (couple hours past midnight) so forgive me for spelling errors or ridiculous ways to put words. After I got this post together I just couldn't bother reading it all again. I'll check it in the morning. :)

• Like 1

u5zhkTY.gif

I try to go Nex on a daily basis, but sometimes I just don't have time for that. But almost every day probably now that I've learned how to do it. I still do group trips too. :)

u5zhkTY.gif