Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bank Interest?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

weirdguy0101
[ Display Name History ]

weirdguy0101

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 547 posts
Also, in some bank, draynor and fally of the top of my head, you cna actually "read" the messages and a thing coems up about PINS and such.
(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

hellbellz
[ Display Name History ]

hellbellz

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
That would be pretty cool idea, but there's a downside to it.

Everyone would make level 3 accounts, and take money from them, to their main. :wink: I've seen a post like this somewhere.

munchkinmage
[ Display Name History ]

munchkinmage

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 346 posts
How about this... you can mortgage your POH? That would actually give Construction a use... :lol:

youknowwho
[ Display Name History ]

youknowwho

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 507 posts

Bank intereest is meant to counteract inflation. Once they accuratley work out the inflation rate in RS, then they can give interest on cash in the bank. And it would have to be based on how much you have, or it would not counteract the inflation at all. What people dont realise is that for someone with 1B, the amount they get in interest per day, is the value they would lose due to inflation in that day. SO it's not as if they are earning money by it, just maintaining thier item value.

yes interest just keeps you up to date with inflation
Posted Image
lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop
goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm
326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

Revenga
[ Display Name History ]

Revenga

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,904 posts

In my opinion, they just put that there to make it look more like a bank. Sorry to poop your party :P.

-Dutt

I agree. :)
Posted Image

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

HeatMaker
[ Display Name History ]

HeatMaker

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 137 posts
That's been there for ages.

Just for fun I guess, the bank IS FREE to use.

lifeguard200
[ Display Name History ]

lifeguard200

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 847 posts
i saw this a few days ago in falador while planting my trees, but when i saw it, i right clicked it and it said check notice bored? or maybe i was really tired -.- :x

Ayisha
[ Display Name History ]

Ayisha

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 36 posts
bump!

Would a mod please somehow make this tie in with the current rants about merching clans?

What I want to say is that I really don't understand how everything seems to have shot up *since* the start of the Northern Hemisphere school year....

In the last Q&A Jagex acknowlege that inflation is out of control.

From my perspective, (and I am a self-reliant noob), I want double the cost of "that better item" in my bank gp before I buy it...... But inflation has ripped far beyond that point for the last several months!

Was there an event in game that triggered a global price rise?

Is it merch clans (the price of chaos tallies I just deal with.... :S)

Would a very nominal interest rate against the gp a player is saving in their bank account curb some of the greed displayed by the junior members of merch clans?

[The edit!::

[I have felt severely impacted by inflation for several months. My "base rate" is the cost of nature runes as I high alch much of what I make. I saw the cost of nature runes rising in parallel with items like whips, steel platebodies, saradomin swords, dragon chainbodies, random items picked from the scroll bar at the top of the community/ge screen. As an adult who is impacted by federal reserve interest rates and inflation figures every day, I have been more and more convinced that a careful "Reserve Bank" decision by Jagex could do much to stabilise the economy, while still allowing astute investors to speculate.]

Edited by Ayisha, 18 February 2010 - 10:55 AM.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 15,993 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
1) Jagex said they'd never add it as they want players to WORK for their money

2) Jagex is looking to get gp OUT of the economy not IN

3) That examine has been there since like day 1 of rs

4) Its a JOKE the interests are "low low low" because they are 0%

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Kill All Bosses :: 1 Death :: Araxxor :: Barrows :: Chaos Ele :: Corp :: DKS :: Giant Mole :: Graardor
Har-Aken :: K'ril :: KBD :: KK :: KQ :: Kree'arra :: Legiones :: Nex :: QBD :: ROTS :: TzTok-Jad :: Vorago :: Zilyana

JoeDaStudd
[ Display Name History ]

JoeDaStudd

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,464 posts
  • RSN:joe da studd
Why bump a 4 year old topic?
I'm with Paw_Claw
Its a pun the interest rates are so low they don't exist.
Drops
Stats

Ayisha
[ Display Name History ]

Ayisha

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 36 posts

1) Jagex said they'd never add it as they want players to WORK for their money

2) Jagex is looking to get gp OUT of the economy not IN

3) That examine has been there since like day 1 of rs

4) Its a JOKE the interests are "low low low" because they are 0%

I have bumped a topic that pre-dates my involvement in the game by 2 years.... a topic that would have pre-dated the removal of the wildy and the introduction on the g.e.

I was not interested in the examine texts of posters on walls of banks... which, in idle moments I have read and laughed at......

My concern relates to the current inflation in game..... the current rants about merch clans..... and Jagex' current commitment to do something about it.

Would a nominal (very nominal, as we experience in real life) interest rate, linked to the g.e. index curb some of the rampant inflation that has occurred over the last 6 months or so?

Pawclaw, I work for every gp in my account, usually in the most skill-intensive/gp--stripping way possible. lol I then go on to level in the gp-stripping skills.... I do appreciate that drops enter and something must take that out.

Edit: And JoeDaStud, I have bumped the topic because I think a nominal interest rate may be a current fix, and I searched for a topic that might have been discussed before. Please, forget the posters in banks.... I am concerned about the current inflation and how that could be addressed in a way that benefits astute investors and skillers alike.]

Edited by Ayisha, 18 February 2010 - 11:27 AM.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 15,993 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
Well then post your own topic or reply to one of the many hundreds already posted about it.

Don't bump a 4 yr old topic that is compeltely irrelvent to what you want to talk about.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Kill All Bosses :: 1 Death :: Araxxor :: Barrows :: Chaos Ele :: Corp :: DKS :: Giant Mole :: Graardor
Har-Aken :: K'ril :: KBD :: KK :: KQ :: Kree'arra :: Legiones :: Nex :: QBD :: ROTS :: TzTok-Jad :: Vorago :: Zilyana

Ayisha
[ Display Name History ]

Ayisha

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 36 posts

Well then post your own topic or reply to one of the many hundreds already posted about it.

Don't bump a 4 yr old topic that is compeltely irrelvent to what you want to talk about.

ok pls lock. Sorry, I thought the idea was to search for when the idea of "bank interest" had been discussed before and not post a new one.

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,246 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Bernkastel
Try not to bump really old threads in the future. Bumping with new relevant information is allowed, but you would be better off creating your own thread if you wish to discuss this idea :)

~Locked

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users