Bank Interest?

evilrodyle

• 3 years later...

bump!

Would a mod please somehow make this tie in with the current rants about merching clans?

What I want to say is that I really don't understand how everything seems to have shot up *since* the start of the Northern Hemisphere school year....

In the last Q&A Jagex acknowlege that inflation is out of control.

From my perspective, (and I am a self-reliant noob), I want double the cost of "that better item" in my bank gp before I buy it...... But inflation has ripped far beyond that point for the last several months!

Was there an event in game that triggered a global price rise?

Is it merch clans (the price of chaos tallies I just deal with.... :S)

Would a very nominal interest rate against the gp a player is saving in their bank account curb some of the greed displayed by the junior members of merch clans?

[The edit!::

[i have felt severely impacted by inflation for several months. My "base rate" is the cost of nature runes as I high alch much of what I make. I saw the cost of nature runes rising in parallel with items like whips, steel platebodies, saradomin swords, dragon chainbodies, random items picked from the scroll bar at the top of the community/ge screen. As an adult who is impacted by federal reserve interest rates and inflation figures every day, I have been more and more convinced that a careful "Reserve Bank" decision by Jagex could do much to stabilise the economy, while still allowing astute investors to speculate.]

Edited by Ayisha

1) Jagex said they'd never add it as they want players to WORK for their money

2) Jagex is looking to get gp OUT of the economy not IN

3) That examine has been there since like day 1 of rs

4) Its a JOKE the interests are "low low low" because they are 0%

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Why bump a 4 year old topic?

I'm with Paw_Claw

Its a pun the interest rates are so low they don't exist.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

1) Jagex said they'd never add it as they want players to WORK for their money

2) Jagex is looking to get gp OUT of the economy not IN

3) That examine has been there since like day 1 of rs

4) Its a JOKE the interests are "low low low" because they are 0%

I have bumped a topic that pre-dates my involvement in the game by 2 years.... a topic that would have pre-dated the removal of the wildy and the introduction on the g.e.

I was not interested in the examine texts of posters on walls of banks... which, in idle moments I have read and laughed at......

My concern relates to the current inflation in game..... the current rants about merch clans..... and Jagex' current commitment to do something about it.

Would a nominal (very nominal, as we experience in real life) interest rate, linked to the g.e. index curb some of the rampant inflation that has occurred over the last 6 months or so?

Pawclaw, I work for every gp in my account, usually in the most skill-intensive/gp--stripping way possible. lol I then go on to level in the gp-stripping skills.... I do appreciate that drops enter and something must take that out.

Edit: And JoeDaStud, I have bumped the topic because I think a nominal interest rate may be a current fix, and I searched for a topic that might have been discussed before. Please, forget the posters in banks.... I am concerned about the current inflation and how that could be addressed in a way that benefits astute investors and skillers alike.]

Edited by Ayisha

Well then post your own topic or reply to one of the many hundreds already posted about it.

Don't bump a 4 yr old topic that is compeltely irrelvent to what you want to talk about.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well then post your own topic or reply to one of the many hundreds already posted about it.

Don't bump a 4 yr old topic that is compeltely irrelvent to what you want to talk about.

ok pls lock. Sorry, I thought the idea was to search for when the idea of "bank interest" had been discussed before and not post a new one.