Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wisp

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wisp

  1. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    No. Yup....Until Dusty researches a Duna tracker...or just builds a bazzilion ships and sends them all out on different vectors, creating a sphere of death-err-Dusty, even. He would need more mass in ships, than all the planets under his control to build enough ships to find someone with a 1000 ly lead. Even if he did have Duna tracker, he couldn't catch up. Yup, I agree, these Duna Thrusters are, in no way, over powered :rolleyes: Anywho, according to his own figures he would have be able to build 10,000 times as many ships as you could...If I remember correctly that places him at about 4000 battleships per year. There are 281,189,573,305,064,642,650,465,026 kilometers to search. Assuming a sensor radius of about one and a half a light year, and travelling 50 Light years per year... So cover 75 Light years, per year(709,554,785,443,560 kilometers) It would take 396,290,151,336 years for 1 ship to do it. With 4000 ships you could cover 2,838,219,141,774,240,000 kilometers. (.00004%) With 8000 ships you could cover 5,676,438,283,548,480,000 kilometers, plus the 4000 you had already covered (.00016%) And so on and so forth for 41 years, until you have covered 63% of the 1000 lightyears. The next year you have covered 180% of it. Thats assuming that Dusty doesn't beef up his production levels... Or indeed take over any of the production facilities left behind by other people... He could also use Duna Thrusters, doubling his search area, and probably Duna Sensors, increasing it even more... And, of course, that he didn't find you straight away, as these calculations are the longest you could stay hidden. Even if you went further than 1000 light years, he would, eventually, out produce the speed at which you could flee. Well, by the end of those 41 years I would be a further 8200 lightyears away, in any direction. What? Only 4,000 battleships a year? I had been able to do that for years.. And no, the Duna was not overpowered. Think of it this way. There are two cars with infinite fuel, that travel at the same speed. The first one starts 5 hours before the first one. The second one will never catch up unless the other one stops.
  2. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    No. Yup....Until Dusty researches a Duna tracker...or just builds a bazzilion ships and sends them all out on different vectors, creating a sphere of death-err-Dusty, even. He would need more mass in ships, than all the planets under his control to build enough ships to find someone with a 1000 ly lead. Even if he did have Duna tracker, he couldn't catch up.
  3. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    No he didn't, I was still just as strong as him. You just decided to end it. You were just as strong, at the time. However, it would likely take around 50 years until I found your last little system, and by that time it would've been like a mouse vs optimus prime. I had like a billion times your population, around 10,000x the production capacity, and we were really only on par in strength because I had lost a lot of ships and troops taking over Malaysia and the last little vestiges of resistance. Well, there was no real way you could possibly have 10,000x the production capacity without cheating, based on the game mechanic we had. Or even 10x, since I had a larger one than you at the time and was putting more of my resources into increasing the number or production stations. In the end, I could have always just piled my entire population into city-ships and gone away at twice the max speed of most of your ships (due to being improved by Duna, and since your strategy was to build a ton of little ships, instead of a smaller # of big ones, only a tiny tiny percentage could be equipped with Duna thrusters. Hence why I ended the game... The production system was screwed. Course it was highlighted...then everyone decided that the system was fine, it was just Archi being upstart about it. [/i Told You So] Anyway, the issue with the strategy, Doom, is that retreating into the great unknown would eventually cause you to run out of fuel...and unless you wanted to Munchkin a Duna planet out of thin air...Dusty would have been able to outfit his fleet with Duna Thrusters, eventually, and then catch you, eventually, eventually. Just so people know, there is going to be a much stricter...and a hell of alot leaner....spaceship mechanic... Well, the Duna was a one time thing to improve the thrusters, a constant supply of fuel wasn't needed. But if I had left and had a 5 year headstart, I could have been a 1000 ly away in any direction, and be completely unfindable.
  4. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    start Hmmm...Dusty won 1 game, out of 1 game...That is not really a conclusive result...It could be a fluke... Yup, it is. No he didn't, I was still just as strong as him. You just decided to end it. You were just as strong, at the time. However, it would likely take around 50 years until I found your last little system, and by that time it would've been like a mouse vs optimus prime. I had like a billion times your population, around 10,000x the production capacity, and we were really only on par in strength because I had lost a lot of ships and troops taking over Malaysia and the last little vestiges of resistance. Well, there was no real way you could possibly have 10,000x the production capacity without cheating, based on the game mechanic we had. Or even 10x, since I had a larger one than you at the time and was putting more of my resources into increasing the number or production stations. In the end, I could have always just piled my entire population into city-ships and gone away at twice the max speed of most of your ships (due to being improved by Duna, and since your strategy was to build a ton of little ships, instead of a smaller # of big ones, only a tiny tiny percentage could be equipped with Duna thrusters.
  5. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    Hmmm...Dusty won 1 game, out of 1 game...That is not really a conclusive result...It could be a fluke... Yup, it is. No he didn't, I was still just as strong as him. You just decided to end it.
  6. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    European Theatre alliance or whatever the hell it was called. Basically everyone in Europe, (except me) agreed that European land would only go to European countries, and they would enforce that.
  7. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    Research for project Ruby is finished, though money will now go into production of the result. Could I get any donations to help me afford the green revolution wonder? Grim?
  8. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    Wouldn't this put him at war with most of the people playing European countries?
  9. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    Also, I remember someone sent like a million troops at sri lanka and lost..might not be a good idea.
  10. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    Italy no has the capability to be fully nuclear powered, though it keeps many backup plants ready to go in the even of some sort of attack on the nuclear power plants. There are, however, many fail-safes in the plants to prevent a meltdown, even if hit with a direct bomb strike. Funding from that now goes into producing a large nanofiber sheet, working as a massive solar farm.
  11. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    Funding of an Italian Defense Wall begins. Cost total is 780b. This decade, 100 billions will go into, completing roughly 1/4 of the external wall. Ok, I'm gonna be selling some stuff now: Equipment for Soldiers: Improves their performance dramatically, but increases their price to deploy to 120k from 90k. Costs 100k per set of equipment. We can also sell you specialized equipment for clearing cities without damaging infrastructure, this will cost 120k per set. If you try to reverse engineer any of it (it's just body armor so there's not much you'd learn from doing that anyway, the real research goes into how to cost effectively produce it) we will likely declare war on you. We can also produce armor coatings for tanks and the like, but those are special request.
  12. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    I agree, the NWO was quite an annoying thorn in my side. Implying that the NWO could actually do anything without a vote :P It ended with 3-4 "hardcore members" if I remember correctly (rocco decided to back stab us for which he will always be reminded) Also in sword of the stars Humans> Tarkaa The hardcore group was you, ross, dungeon, doom, sere, and me. I backstabbed you guys to break it up because it kind of ruined the game. I was never in the NWO.
  13. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    They'll probably invade you then, from the rest of their land.
  14. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    Just fyi, that's only part of indonesia.
  15. Technically those were mutants. Actually they were infected with a new virus when the cure for cancer was found causing them to become somewhat like zombies Good thing you cleared that up, only 3 years late.
  16. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    Oh, almost forgot, the next decade after all this will my IAG regain the 200 billion or whatever that I lose if I get my infrastructure back above 1? Or is it I just don't drop any further.
  17. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    Oh, sweet. So, is the 12% loss applied before or after that's added on? Because if it's done before, I get like 1.56 trillion IAG, and done after I get like 30 billion less. Just curious.
  18. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    Well, I suppose I could always take the hit. What IAG boost would I get from Alaska? I also think I get some of Canada, but I forget the agreement I had with Grim. I think Alaska would give me like 40 billion, and Nigeria the same.. plus like 2 from Niger. Leaving me with 82 billion there. Is the 12% loss applied before or after this is added? So like I get 12% of 1.4t or 12% off 1.5? Not that it makes the biggest difference.
  19. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    What if it went into infrastructure then? Or is that in the same boat.
  20. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    So Archi, annexing Alaska will bring me to .875 infra? So if I put 300b into aid missions (around 20-25%) I would end up with 1.3 infra at the end of the decade? Assuming nothing else happens.
  21. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    How does this affect me, annexing Alaska peaceably?
  22. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    Grim, I think I'm less than half your IAG, so yes. And we've worked together on stuff before (and probably will in the future.)
  23. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    Archi, if I succeed in annexing Alaska, what will it put my infrastructure to?
  24. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    The books themselves I don't think are exceptionally terrible, they're just your average teenage trashy novel. It's the massive fanbase that pisses me off, and the levels of obsession. Hell, I know a kid who got a black eye and a concussion because he said he hated twilight and a bunch of 13 year olds fans attacked him. (Happened at a middle school where I have friends).
  25. Wisp replied to archimage_a's topic in Falador Tavern
    I would be totally fine with banning all direct steals from sci-fi. Half this game is creativity, don't ruin that. Also, like 30 million twilight books have been sold. Doesn't make em good. Anyways, all surviving troops are sent home (unless they volunteer to stay).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.