Hegemony

archimage_a

http://users.aber.ac.uk/lug9/hege/hegemony/delta-prime-hyperspace1.mp3

Basics:

I moderate and don't play. If I say something is unreasonable then it is unreasonable. Regardless of what you think or what I have said before. If you disagree PM me as I will post this rule as a responce otherwise.

Superweapons are unbuildable. This does not mean powerful weapons are unbuildable, it means weapons more powerful than the Nagasaki Bomb are not allowed. (Low level nukes, used on their own, are fine.)

Fallout, Global Warming and Virus Outbreaks do not exist in game.

Your country gets technology avalible in 2010.

Research can be whatever and take whatever you think to complete...but it has to be reasonable(and more than 1 year)

Joint research projects split the cost, they do no increase the speed of research.

1 day is 1 year, starting from BST 00:00

All Armies, Defences, Navies and Airforces are disbanded and you cannot attack in the first year.

Moving troops takes 2 hours in real life.

You have to be a real country, you may not pick a continent other, non-nation, entity.

Economy:

GDP will be replaced with IAG (Industrial, Agricultural, Gross).

IAG is your entire GDP as it was in 2000, but has to last you 10 years. After 10 years your IAG is restored, minus any money you didn't spend, then increased by your Infrastructure as a percent.

Increasing your IAG is done by spending on Infrastructure. Infrastructure starts at 1 for all countries.

Spending 100% of your IAG on Infrastructure increases it by 1. 99%=0.99 and so on.

Bombing and warfare near towns and cities destroys infrastructure.

This means you need to keep track of three numbers....Your IAG, how much money you have left and your level of infrastructure. (These figures will be kept in the OP as well)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_past_GDP_(nominal) (The figures are in millions, so add six noughts to the figures when posting.)

Annexing:

Annexing another country peacefully takes 10 years and costs half their IAG(at least).

If someone else tries to intervene then whatever they spend is deducted from what you spend, and visa versa.

Successfully annexing a nation gives you their full IAG from the next 10 year period onwards.

Successfully annexing a nation also averages your infrastructure, so annexing an underdeveloped nation can weaken your infrastructure significantly. This figure will then be halved.

Conquering:

Conquer the Red Dots to take control the city and the surrounding area.

NPN(non-player nations)s will have a garrison of 20,000 troops per city, but probably has a larger army elsewhere.

Fighting near cities will damage the infrastructure of the nation who eventually controls the city.

Conquering an entire nation will give you half their IAG from the next 10 year period onwards.

Rules on MFW(Massive, Freaky, Weapons)

Nukes, RFG, ect...

1 billion per kilotonne

1 kilotonne kills up to 20,000 troops

150 kilotonnes to blow up a city.

500 kilotonnes to wipe out a wonder.

15 megatonnes to turn 1 pixal into water.

5 megatonnes for to widen the range by 1 pixal in all directions. Can only be done once.

Votes of the past

[hide]

zOHqU.png

FNE1H.png

c6I8R.png

0dM0K.png

iFkdp.png

[/hide]

Maps

[hide]

Sol System

[hide]

sol.png

[/hide]

Earth Map:

[hide]

Red Dots are Cities.

world%20map.png [/hide]

Moon Map:

[hide]

moon.png

[/hide]

Mars Map:

[hide]

mars.png

[/hide]

[/hide]

Player List:

[hide]

[hide=Blank]

Player:

Leader Name:

National Anthem:

Random Fact:

IAG:

Treasury:

Infrastructure:

[/hide]

Player: Grimdeath283

Leader Name:

National Anthem: La Marseillaise

Random Fact:

IAG: 3,337,943,322,006

Treasury: 3,337,943,322,006

Infrastructure: 3.9

Imperial Counter: 100

Mars Colony

[hide]

Treasury: 0

Biodomes: 1

Refinaries: 0

Resource Units: 2,000,000,000

Colonial Counter: 1

[/hide]

Player:Serephurus

Leader Name: Lord Protector Charles Windsor

--------------------Prime Minister Winson Churchold

National Anthem: Comrades, the Voices!

Government: Authoritarian Crowned Republic

IAG: 1,814,630,222,200

Treasury: 1,814,630,222,200

Infrastructure: 2.9

Player:Dusty668

Leader Name: Constantine I

National Anthem: Fallen Army

Random Fact: The Byzantine Empire, despite being born as The Eastern Roman Empire, was actually more

Greek than Roman - and for it's last few centuries, was popularly referred to as the Hellenic Empire.

IAG: 1,848,650,078,843

Treasury: 1,848,650,078,843

Infrastructure: 3.1

Government: Absolute Monarchy

Player: TheMather1

Leader name: -

National Anthem: - Kimigayo

Random fact: Konichiwa.

IAG: 1,853,424,223,423

Treasury: 1,853,424,223,423

Infrastructure: 3

Player: Dungeonal

Leader name: Albert

National Anthem: Albert is the Greatest(*100)

Random fact: Albert really is the greatest eheheh

IAG: 1,133,258,690,176

Treasury: 1,133,258,690,176

Infrastructure: 4.9

Player: Doomsavenger

Leader name: TBA

National Anthem: TBA

Random fact:

IAG: 3,049,861,669,303

Treasury: 3,049,861,669,303

Infrastructure: 7.55

Player: Ross_The_Knight

Leader name: TBA

Random fact: Demon Rider

IAG: 1,864,771,202,607

Treasury: 1,864,771,202,607

Infrastructure: 2.6

Player: Roccodog34

Leader Name: King Rocco

National Anthem: The Auld Triangle - Dropkick Murphys

Random Fact: I'm cool.

IAG: 465,195,813,094

Treasury: 465,195,813,094

Infrastructure: 5.1

Player: Paul191600

Leader Name: TBA

Random Fact: Slavs FTW

IAG: 1,609,287,540,181

Treasury: 1,609,287,540,181

Infrastructure: 3.4

Player: Trol_slayer9

Leader name:N/A

Random fact: Kazakhia Is Greatest Country In The World

IAG: 671,197,040,917

Treasury: 671,197,040,917

Infrastructure: 2.6

Player: Icuownage

Leader Name: Kumar Patel

National Anthem: Jana-Gana-Mana

Random Fact: - We have Hindu's

IAG: 1,711,569,859,148

Treasury: 1,711,569,859,148

Infrastructure: 2.9

Mars Colony:

[hide]

Treasury: 0

Biodomes: 4

Refinaries: 0

Resource Units: 4,000,000,000

Colonial Counter: 0

[/hide]

Player: El_Snubbe

Leader Name: King Snubbe

National Anthem:

Random Fact: Largest white population in Africa.

IAG: 722,416,671,083

Treasury: 722,416,671,083

Infrastructure: 2.4

Player: Retech

Leader Name: NA

National Antheme: Unknown

Random Fact: Classified

IAG: 2,100,000,000,000

Treasury: 2,100,000,000,000

Infrastructure: 1

[/hide]

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh probably should not have decided to take a handy cap. I would hope that no one takes the U.S (or at least sere takes it and doesnt go on an annex fest).

LNYvk.png

Player:Serephurus

Leader Name: Lord Protector Charles Windsor

--------------------Prime Minister Winson Churchold

National Anthem: Comrades, the Voices!

Government: Authoritarian Crowned Republic

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I'll take North America, Cannada got annexed :P

Nah, sign me up for Italy.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Girlfriend is no more, so now I got some time on my hands. Good news for Hegemony :P

Player:RpgGamer

Leader Name: RpgGamer

Random Fact: Luxembourg is tiny

IAG: ?

Treasury: ?

Infrastructure: enough?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Player:Dusty668

Leader Name: Miltiades

National Anthem:

Random Fact: The term 'marathon' in modern context came from the legend of a Greek soldier, who, after the Battle of Marathon, ran all the way back to Athens to deliver news of the Greek victory, so that the city did not surrender to the Persians coming by sea if they managed to get there before the Greek army arrived. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Marathon

IAG: 112,058,000,000

Treasury: 112,058,000,000

Infrastructure: 1

I'll figure the rest out later.

My first act is to begin research on a new lineup of personnel weapons, as well as improved body armour. Improvements to the the roads and infrastructure of Greece has also begun.

If we start without a military, incentives are given to join up. Projected monthly gain of new recruits in pegged somewhere around 6-8,000.

Player: TheMather1

Leader name: -

National Anthem: -

IAG: -

Treasury: -

Infrastructure: -

Curse you!

Player: Retech9691

Leader name: President Clinton

National Anthem: The Star Spangled Banner

^Will fill in the details when I get back home

---

My first action is to start recruiting and rearming the old United States marine and naval forces, which will take quite a bit. They are specifically trained to attack and conquer Japan. It is suspected that once Japan is firmly under control of the United States, they will once again split, with the US and Japan going their separate ways again, though the US will gift Japan with various infrastructure fixes (to repair war damage), and any technology they research.

It's on Mather. You know that I called dibs, so now it's vengeance time. Vengeeeeeaaaance! The United States also embargoes Japan, and encourages other countries to do the same. The US also pulls its military development aid, meaning that Japan no longer has access to US technology, which is what they relied on for quite some time.

--

The US also repairs and rebuilds as many military ships as it can each year that it dry-docked(can you give a figure Archi?), and recruits and retrains former military personnel (being a military oriented country, how many each year?)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Player: Hextriplet

Leader name: later

National Anthem: later

Random fact: Now AIDs free!

Archi, are we going to get rebbelions on how we treat our people?

I start work on changing the school system so that it's more technology based, they will learn

maths

writing (dropped third year)

programming

engineering

robotics

history (filtered)

I bring in no tolerance gun laws and have a gun amnesty.

I begin work on gunwalker technology (1/30) and extremly light but powerful body armour. (1/15)

meatlover.png

Apparently RuneScape just took Archi's idea and made a new skill called Dungeoneering. Hmm.

---------------------

Britannia is beefing up border security. Likewise, we are toying with the idea of a special Anglo-Saxon alliance called the Family of Nations (Canada, United States, Australia, New Zealand, etc).

We are also announcing the end of our Open Door policy (immigration) and will now have much stricter immigration (involving quotas, etc).

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Brazil. So we all have US technology? Then most "third world" countries should get a huge IAG boost.

I'll do a write up of my plans later.

Ok for a start, Nanotubes and nanofibers, mass production of them, making longer strings, making them more economic to create. This will be given a 5b/yr budget.

Second, research into hydrogen fuel cells, way s to produce hydrogen easier, etc. 3 b/yr

Thirdly, all 850 ish colleges and universities will be given grants for genetics labs, for completing the human genome project. Each college will get around an average 30 million each over 5 years.

Finally, 10b/yr into various nuclear power applications, including efficiency, better waste disposal/uses for waste, new nuclear tech, and weaponry.

Huge taxes will be imposed on foreign companies that are exploiting the Amazon, forcing them out over a few years, and giving us some bonus money.

Annexation has also begun for Bolovia, Uruguay, Paraguay, Peru, Ecuador, Chile, Columbia, Venezuela, Panama, Guyana, Suriname, French Guinea, and Panama. This costs around 500 billion over 10 years.

So in total, I'm spending 700b on projects and annexation. Keeping 200b for safety, and the remaining 700 goes into infrastructure.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Note: Everything that I say now will take effect whenever the game really starts.

The Brazilian government announces it's ten year plan for the future. First, the newest president has shown a large interest in nanofiber technology, and is investing over 5 billion a year into building labs for that at colleges, and for research in general. On a similar note, 25 billion over a 5 year period is going into building genetics labs at colleges, in order to complete the human genome project, and figuring out what every gene does. Hydrogen fuel cells for cars and industrial purposes are being looked into, as is advancing nuclear power, and building several nuclear plants across the country. Finally, the government has announced it's plans for a unified Latin America, to advance as a real power in the world without being stepped on by the more powerful North American, Asian and European countries.

Also, all infrastructural growth is being put on hold temporarily.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

myweaponv.jpg

This is the Armscor NN31, its cartridge is visible but is usually closed up, cartridges and guns are bieng mass produced.

It is held like a rifle and fires .50 calliber hollow point bullets, it has an option of single fire or semi automatic.

meatlover.png

In other news, all of Hex's troops die from having shattered shoulders. Also, guns take time to design, not just a crude combination of various gun parts from a random website.

Also, bigger caliber=/=better.

For example, in Vietnam, Troops started with fully automatic m14's. m14s are 7,62x52, and the recoil made it impossible to fire them accurately on full ammo. All future, and most current m14's were welded so it could only be used on semi.

There's a reason why we don't use combat rifles anymore, and all standard US rifles are 5.56x45.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Yeh but supposedly it doesn't stop armour piercing :L, so i'm going to spend 15 years more on research.

It does, however due to some event it did not pass as secure against class 4 ammunition, though it has proven secure against class 1,2,3 and 5.

Also that gun is not possible, it has no room for any sort of hammer or a barrel long enough to have any accuracy (it would fire at an agle almost up to 45 degrees).

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Pop quiz, which is larger, .45 acp or .38 special? .50ae or 7.62x52? .45 acp or .44? .308 or .40? .40 or even a 5.56, .50s&w or .50bmg.

.40 is a handgun round.

I hate when people think that all "50 cal" bullets are the same.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/84/Rifle_cartridge_comparison_w_scale.png/300px-Rifle_cartridge_comparison_w_scale.png. A .40 is about twice the size in width as the one on the far right, and a tiny bit taller.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

then its a 60 cal then, i'm not really into gunsand I know that 50. Calliber is the strongest a handgun can put up with so mine is now .60 cal.

Mather, so everyones just going to start using magnums against me.

15 years of solid research is definitately enough to make a perfect ballistic vest.

meatlover.png

Wow. .60 cals are used for hunting elephants. And their extremely rare.

.50 cal doesn't mean [cabbage]. A .50 bmg is about 5 times longer than a .50 ae.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain