Hegemony

archimage_a

Excellent. USA begins efforts to annex North America, sending diplomats to Canada and Mexico. The framework will ultimately be based on NAFTA, with a few...minor changes in the treaty.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, to anybody looking for awesome anthems, I recommend something from Two Steps from Hell. The genre could literally be called "Monumentally Epic".

Speaking of which, Iranian Battle Anthem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em42XjJKSX8&feature=related

Well, more battle music really, since there are no lyrics.

2Xeo5.png

Nooooo, you can't change to China! I was just about to annex fest all over that! (Kidding)

The United States starts working with contracters that don't fail, to lower the cost of F-22. Currently they can take down eight or so previous generation fighters, but they cost too much. It's expected to be a 5% reduction in cost per year, capping at 40% in fourty years. Meanwhile, additional efforts are made to improve on them, so that they remain ahead of the game in fighter technology. It is expected this will drive up costs though.

Ten percent of investments go into infrastructure, specifically the replacements of automobiles with monorails. There will be two kinds, local monorails, which are laid over existing roads, using smaller bus-like trains, while there are longer distance monorails for travel between local monorails. Of course there will also be commuter monorails, and normal trains for the military.

Suburbs are being consolidated into more dense establishments, forming new sub-urban cities, where workers toil for decent wages and fair pensions (though greatly reduced from General motors levels), in large factories. The new abandoned Suburbs are being reorganized into other things, like research centers or simply cleaned and preserved as pristine forest.

Research also begins onto Solar and Wind power, which will eventually coat the American heartland in such things. So basically half the

---

Player: Retech9691

Leader name: President Clinton

National Anthem: Star Spangled Banner

Random fact: Konichiwa.

IAG: 9,762,100,000,000

Treasury: 8,141,903,500,000

Infrastructure: 1

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Italy proposes to trade with Iran. Pasta for hookahs?

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Anthem: Iron Man.

50% of IAC spent on the developement of autonymous, comunicating, electric pod-cars (like those "shown" on NatGeo chanell). Other 50% spent on infrastructure.

You're spending 2.5 trillion developing cars?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Its a loose system. It works for Roleplaying better than in the real world.

Besides its every 10 years so...

How about we say that the IAG is based off of gdp/person instead of gdp. Because, the current system is: if you start with 10 million people, and a 10 billion gdp, invest a bunch into infrastructure, but by the end you have 12 million people, but only a 10.2b gdp or equivalent. With my system the gdp/capita would be increased, so you get 12 240 000 000 for your IAG at the end.

One thing I don't like about this system is that the current world powers have an unbeatable advantage to start.

Population is far too complex to keep track of because of various social policies.

Example:

I start with 10 million peopla and 10 billion GDP, with a GDP/Person of 1,000.

I kill everyone, bar myself, in my country. My GDP/Person is 10,000,000,000.

I build an army of cyborgs and make war.

Otherly, its just another number to keep track of, and, to be honest, its not that important....since your GDP and Population are seperate from your IAG.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Archi, I'm actually going to switch to Russia. Slavs ftw :D

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Oh yes, and the United States rebuilds its military. One million strong and fully equipped, with the normal amount of special ops. US navy is also rebuilt, though this time it will be with ten aircraft carriers, and one hundred and fifty multi-purpose destroyer-frigates, well tasked in both roles.

A missle system is also started. The engineers have learned valuable lessons from the non-existent attack on Japan by FOABs strapped to ICBMs.

----

The USA proposes a limited, defensive alliance with its former cold war ally, Russia.

Its a loose system. It works for Roleplaying better than in the real world.

Besides its every 10 years so...

How about we say that the IAG is based off of gdp/person instead of gdp. Because, the current system is: if you start with 10 million people, and a 10 billion gdp, invest a bunch into infrastructure, but by the end you have 12 million people, but only a 10.2b gdp or equivalent. With my system the gdp/capita would be increased, so you get 12 240 000 000 for your IAG at the end.

One thing I don't like about this system is that the current world powers have an unbeatable advantage to start.

Population is far too complex to keep track of because of various social policies.

Example:

I start with 10 million peopla and 10 billion GDP, with a GDP/Person of 1,000.

I kill everyone, bar myself, in my country. My GDP/Person is 10,000,000,000.

I build an army of cyborgs and make war.

Otherly, its just another number to keep track of, and, to be honest, its not that important....since your GDP and Population are seperate from your IAG.

Well, it means that if, for example, me as Brazil want to catch up to the US, it would take me over 1000 days. Assuming that the US stays the same.

And retech, building and maintaining that many ships will take nearly your entire IAG and a long, long time.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Or you could bomb the USA, decrease its infrastructure below 1 and so when the budget was announced it would decrease...

Don't encourage her!

Player: Hextriplet

Leader Name: TBA

National Anthem: TBA

Random Fact: White, rather than black, is the Chinese color for mourning and funerals.

IAG: -

Treasury: -

Infrastructure: -

Archi, can you awknowledge this please, Archi.

Heres the gunwalker i'm researching. I'll give more details later.

mech2.png

meatlover.png

Or the US could build an army 10 times larger than mine, increase at a rate 10 times faster than me, and defeat me instantly. Fix the system, or the game is pointless.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

err....Or you could bomb the Mexico, decrease its infrastructure below 1 and so when the budget was announced it would decrease...

I'm annexing Mexico! Why don't you pick...Georgia? (Country, not city)

well im not doing this, sorrry to say. its gone... way to fast for me. sorry guys, i jsut cant deal with this anymore.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Doom, fixing the game so that Somalia can rise from what it is now to the same as the USA, in 20 days, is kind of pointless in itself.

The current system is that it takes Brazil, the 7th or something most powerful gdp wise in the world around 1100 years to catch up to the US. The US was formed as a nation around 250 years ago. I sense a problem.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain