Hegemony

archimage_a

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why so mad Retech, you have the most important country in the world now.

Also, try looking at the discussion thread, you didn't call dibs.

Hex, heard of dragonskin armour?

I believe I did at some point in one of the random discussions of the game, most of which never manifested as anything. Besides, I was under the impression you were going to take the US. Anyways, the point is not having the most powerful nation in the world, it's building up to be the most powerful. US isn't really my thing.

Anyways, message is that I will do my best in getting Japan, whether by convincing you to giving it up, or by steamrolling you with the US military. I know they were all disbanded, but I'll still be able to build ships faster, until Japan is mine.

So can you give me my favorite country, or will I have to knock you out to get it?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Hey Rocco, being pretty much right next to you and all, want to enter an alliance?

I'm better at defensive strategy, you're better at offensive, so it works out pretty well.

Retech, just adapt. If somebody had nabbed Iran, I'd have ignored it and taken another country. Likely Australia, possibly Canada.

Seriously, picking a country with a huge military specifically to knock somebody else out of the game as fast as possible is a bit of a [bleep] move.

2Xeo5.png

Hmmm, ok. Will update.

I am gonna create a 'Bitesize Hegemony' Which will just be anything relevant to the gameplay, rather than everything. It will be locked and maintained by me.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I'm not so much into half/um-developed countries and I want access to space, that leaves the US, Japan and Australia(I think) as the only ones not taken, considdering people wouldn't want me leading the country with the most reasearch capacity and that Australia's nature is [bleep]ed up enough without me trying to GM stuff that leaves only Japan.

The Æ is a norse letter, it is commonly used in Scandinavia it sounds like the a in ash or bad and looks like æ when not capital. Here are some random words with it:

Pære - pear

Æt - heritage

Trær - trees

Skjærm - screen

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Hey Rocco, being pretty much right next to you and all, want to enter an alliance?

I'm better at defensive strategy, you're better at offensive, so it works out pretty well.

Retech, just adapt. If somebody had nabbed Iran, I'd have ignored it and taken another country. Likely Australia, possibly Canada.

Seriously, picking a country with a huge military specifically to knock somebody else out of the game as fast as possible is a bit of a [bleep] move.

You'd think that, but considering one of my long term goals is to control Japan in the first place, seems much easier to start as Japan. Also considering that Mather knew that I was going to take Japan, and I think it's perfectly reasonable.

Besides, if I did conquer Japan, I would simply cede the United States to Mather, after disbanding its entire military and destroying the tech. :rolleyes:

Just take the United States, that's what you wanted in the first place.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Just as a side note, there is not going to be 'your country rebels because, actually, a mandatory breeding program is a horrible idea.'

Population and all that are expected to be looked after by whoever is playing. Be reasonable, obvouisly, if anyone things someone is being unreasonable then both sides can send a pm of 5,000 characters or less to convince me of their arguement. The character limit includes quotes.

This is a roleplay game, so enjoy yourself.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I can't find the GDP of Iran in 2000...

Rocco, did you see the offer of an alliance on the last page?

Oh yeah, a one-and-a-half year mandatory military service for everyone aged 17 or above is being put into effect.

2Xeo5.png

By 2%.

So at most you have a .2% growth rate. That's kinda dumb, seeing as population would grow by a minimum of 15% probably during the 10 years.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

By 2%.

So at most you have a .2% growth rate. That's kinda dumb.

Not especially. Infrastructure of 3=3%, 4=4%...ect, ect....up to 100%.

Wouldn't population increase much faster than all this? Meaning that everyone is guaranteed a worse life in the future?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Hmmm, well I guess playing the United States won't be bad. Mather, I won't attack if you don't agree to return Japan, but it would still be nice.

My first action is to exile the Republicans from Congress. Congress is quickly turned into Parliament, and the country moves left faster than Russia did during the Russian Revolution.

Question for Archi: annexation costs half your IAG, plus any money needed to defeat another person's expenditure, right? Or is it half of the annexed countries IAG.

Ah, found it, awesome.

As previously stated, half of my AIG is being spent on infrastructure, one quarter on advanced engineering and computers, and another quarter on deep mining/geothermal power.

Advanced engineering is more of a prequisite to future projects, and will take 10 years. Geothermal power will take 15 years, at which point the first station will be set up.

New Anthem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBZEW_3fS3g

2Xeo5.png

Its a loose system. It works for Roleplaying better than in the real world.

Besides its every 10 years so...

How about we say that the IAG is based off of gdp/person instead of gdp. Because, the current system is: if you start with 10 million people, and a 10 billion gdp, invest a bunch into infrastructure, but by the end you have 12 million people, but only a 10.2b gdp or equivalent. With my system the gdp/capita would be increased, so you get 12 240 000 000 for your IAG at the end.

One thing I don't like about this system is that the current world powers have an unbeatable advantage to start.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain