Everything posted by Wisp
-
Hegemony
Of course they do, I never said they didn't. Just hope you know that outdated destroyers really would stand no chance against modern ones. At the rate military technology is improving, it's like putting a prop plane vs. a jet.
-
Hegemony
So how much are you saying they cost each.
-
Hegemony
Let's say they cost you 3 billion each. You're still building 15b worth a year, meaning 150b total at the end (plus maybe 25b for transports) so 175b. That's almost double your military budget. And military stuff regularly goes way over budget, so chances are it's not a problem, so much as a fact.
-
Hegemony
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0237076520090202 There's also a .gov article putting it at around 3.8-4.7b.
-
Hegemony
I just double checked, a modern destroyer is around 6b, and transport is up for interpretation. So probably around 30-40b a year.
-
Hegemony
Just for what it's worth, building those destroyers and transports would cost ~50b yearly, meaning you pay 500 billion a decade for them. Which is more than your IAG.
-
Zombie Plans-Revised
Boats are really useful if you know what you're doing, atleast at the start of the apocalypse (if you don't have a sail boat). I live in an area with a lake that goes down basically all the populous areas, so boats would provide me with easy transportation, with no real risk.
-
Hegemony
Heh, Rocco, I didn't get killed, and neither did Sere (he had the US, right?) Retech that sucks... I'm sure they'll change their minds eventually.
-
Hegemony
For what it's worth, I doubt a f22 could carry a 50 kt nuke.
-
Hegemony
Building that many a year would require about then naval production capacity of most of the world, and it'd cost you around 125 billion a year. Guys, for reference, the US in real life only has one super carrier because of the huge maintenance cost. And they're the only country in the world with a supercarrier. Hell, China isn't even expected to get one till like 2013.
-
Hegemony
I didn't order any, I think you got me confused with someone else. I guess I'll take them anyway, it's only a few billion, and I have a surplus.
-
Zombie Plans-Revised
Generators run on gas or propane. A big tank will only really last you 5-10 days max.
-
Hegemony
This is kinda the reason why some people want you to be kicked off. This game is somewhat based in realism, and not just you wanting someone. Personally, I'd rather not have you kicked, but that's not helping.
-
Hegemony
Well considering hex attacked him and captured like half of Japan, I think it'd be justified.
-
Hegemony
Archi, if you get a chance, the flybys I asked for a while ago?
-
Hegemony
Their high IAG, and nice manufacturing base.
-
Hegemony
So, so far my military has cost me about 80 billion this decade, right? And what were the casualties for Taiwan, I didn't see that. Oh well. Anyways, reparation of the Taiwanese barricade/defenses are beginning, and the troops that invaded there are mostly being shipped back home. Archi, I do flybys of Niger and Nigeria.
-
Hegemony
The Italian Genetics Clinic has opened in Sardinia. Currently it is only open to Italian (and Tunisan/Algerian) citizens, but if a country pays a fee to our government, their citizens can get treatment too. Treatments include healing of some forms of paralysis with stem cells, and genetic elimination of Cancer, Diabetes, and AIDS. Also, though it is risky, and extremely expensive, the various 'cancer genes' can be removed in adults. It is so expensive that it is only really worth it for billionaires or world leaders.
-
Hegemony
It's part of the military. We've already discussed this. You have no nukes. And as it stands right now, we have around the same number of people.
-
Hegemony
Well, it would still maybe have like a 90% efficiency rate at best, so like if the waterwheel was putting out 50mwh or energy a day, it would put out 45 mwh stored in hydrogen.
-
Hegemony
For the record, Hydrogen is still gonna cost more energy to create then it puts out in the form of fuel cells. It's just a way to transfer electricity. There is no way to get around this.
-
Hegemony
Rocco, I'm a threat because I have enough people, enough resources, and enough allies to take on basically anyone.
-
Hegemony
Ah, okay. Some funds are rearranged, and the Bullet Trains are now 2/3ds paid for.
-
Hegemony
I'm only ok with that wonder if the doubled Infrastructure speed does not carry over to aid missions, otherwise you'd get 4x.
-
Hegemony
So basically the mother country gets two times the normal rate of infrastructure in exchange for helping another country?