Blue Star's Fight Pit setup---Rate or hate

Hey guys

This weekend I am attempting the fight caves again as I went down fighting last time on wave 61. Just 2 waves before Jad :(

This time I am faster, stronger, more accurate with a bow and more holier

From those who have experience in this field, I would like you to rate how I would go with these stats on a gauge of 1 to 10. 1 being hard and 10 being easy.

Range - 77

Prayer - 71

Attack - 82

Strength 80

Defence - 79

Hp - 81

Agility 60

Inventory setup and Equipment

Equipment

Equip.jpg

Inventory

12 Super Restore Pots (4)

4 Sara Brews

2 Range potions

Black D hide legs

Black D hide Top

Crystal bow (Start to before Jad)

Crystal bow No.2 (For Jad)

Dragon Hally

5 Tuna Potatoes

(Thinking of interchanging 1 potato for holy wrench, thoughts?)

When replying only take into account what Items I am taking in, do not worry about technique. Last time I was successful in trapping the 180's and lining up the kill order, and I feel confident that I can do it all again.

So thanks for viewing and please take the time to reply, even if you just wish me some good luck!

Trying to get a new sig... Idea's anyone?

For ur stats id say 8/10. Invy and equipment need some editing:

For ring use this: Archer>Warrior>Seers>Recoil

For Boots use: Rune boots=Rangers>Addy boots>Mith boots>Snake skin

For cape use:Skill=Obby cape>Legends>God cloak

And you dont really need black top n chaps, maybe bring initiate legs instead. D hally isnt needed, instead of the 5 Tuna potatoes, bring an extra 3 super restores and 2 sara brews. Guthans should be ur major source of healing.

Good luck :)

BTW Holy wrench is useless here. Its only useful when ur using 'Prayer' pots and have free invy space. Wrench only works on P pots i think (pretty sure) and it only adds 1 prayer restored per dose, which is an extra 4 per pot. Add it all up, and its less than just having an extra p pot in its place.

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

nice 8/10 work on your stats a bit more

Eh? Did you read the post?

Anyway, i'd personally just range all the way with Verac helm and skirt, karils top and the crystal bows (plus ranger ring)... I did it with 45 defence and 70 range, so im sure you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Hoping to see a new thread, saying you got it. \'

As my signature says, I have only been playing since March 2 but from reading other threads on the fight caves, I would say that's a great setup. But maybe like everyone above said, Saradomin Potions instead of potatoes. But one question, what does the wrench do?

transformerfy9.jpg

A trimmed skill cape is actually better than an obby cape due to it's nice prayer boost. I'd say unless you really really want to melee them all, you should just range everything, making the hally and potatoes redundant. A sara brew is far better than 1 potato for a slot, and you only need maybe... 4-5 brews to do it, giving you more room for supers and range pots.

As my signature says, I have only been playing since March 2 but from reading other threads on the fight caves, I would say that's a great setup. But maybe like everyone above said, Saradomin Potions instead of potatoes. But one question, what does the wrench do?

Increases the amount of pray point you get per does. :)

A trimmed skill cape is actually better than an obby cape due to it's nice prayer boost. I'd say unless you really really want to melee them all, you should just range everything, making the hally and potatoes redundant. A sara brew is far better than 1 potato for a slot, and you only need maybe... 4-5 brews to do it, giving you more room for supers and range pots.

I use the Hally from waves 1 to the one where the 360's come out. The reason for that is I can trap the 180 behind the italy rock and kill it. I found that if you hally it, it dosen't heal. Which is good. All that allows me to save a few prayer points and sara brews. I want to keep one C bow for the 360's and another fresh one for Jad (Max Range bonue)

Also I would like to ask a few questions:

Why is the obby cape > than the god cloak

God Cloak Stats: 3+ to all defences and +3 to prayer

Obby Cape Stats: 9+ to all defences (I believe)

Now personally I would rather the +3 prayer than the extra +6 defence

Would it also be worth taking an accumulator for the range bonus?

I want to take a few potatoes for later on incase I need some major healing quickly (A wrong pray switch on Jad perhaps, and in the lucky case that I don't get 1 Hit KOed)

I don't have the cash for any battle rings but I may be able to get one off a friend for a few hrs.

Anyways I'm off to school XD

~Blue

Sara brews provide all the healing you need, you still don't need the potatoes, if Jad is gonna hit you bad twice in a row, then 5 potatoes won't save you. Bear in mind Sara brews can be used to "over pot" your HP. I can get 115/99hp with those things which is a nice advantage. And yes, I also took 2 cbows (I actually managed to forget to switch to my fresh one and killed Jad with a 2/10 bow). You need the extra cape def for the 360s, when you're running about trying to kill the 360s first and trapping the 180s behind them (also while killing the 90s with mage pray on). Running too near a 360 can cost you a 30hp+ hit, the cape could stop that.

I still don't think that having an extra +6 defence bonus is going to save me from getting hit

On my last attempt (Which I took a god cape) I was proficient at lining up my kills, so I am not considering getting more defence when I can get another bonus. At the moment I am tossing up between the God Cloak and Ava's accumulator (Pray bonus vs. Range Bonus)

I actually change my killing order a little. Pray suckers first (22's?) then range the lvl 360's, then I turn off pray. At this point I put on my guthans and d hally and run for the Italy Rock to safespot the 180's and 45's. If needed I range the 45's if they are further away from me.

When I have only the 180 to kill I put on my Guthans spear and melee pray to heal to my max (If I've been hit). Once at max hp I put the hally and d hide back on and hally the 180 until dead. This stops it healing its self, and I am ready for the next wave.

Any Idea's for a music playlist for the caves?

~Blue

Any Idea's for a music playlist for the caves?

~Blue

POD - Boom.. It gives you an ownage feeling.. ;)

Good luck on your attempt.

u5zhkTY.gif

i did with without guthans with this set up

Range - 74

Prayer - 60

Defence - 77

Hp - 90

Agility 60

Inventory setup and Equipment

Equipment

Archer helm

Initiate legs

blk d hide body

archer ring

fury

crystal bow

rune boots

barrow gloves

obby cape

Inventory

20 Super Restore Pots (4)

3 Sara Brews (4)

2 Range potions (4)

2 sharks (just incase)

Crystal bow No.2 (For Jad)

so you should be fine with guthans and ur stats..

dementor9.gif

fido_gets_banana.gif

You make it look so much harder to get to Jad then it really is. I honestly think you should just go to the simple set-up(Full guthan, 2 C bows, Black Dhide top + bottom, 18 Super Restores, 2 Range pots and 4 Sara Brews) I have made it to Jad fine in all of my 4 attempts so far and my combat stats are a little worse then yours.

56 Pray

76(Almost 77) Range

75 Defence

82 Hp

60 Agility

Only reason I havent made it out alive yet is because I am really bad at prayer switching :oops: Hoping to get it over Spring Break \'

Either way goodluck! :thumbsup:

Vector1.png