Is This a Good Way To Raise Fletching + Magic?

SirHartlar

After reading something on another thread, a thought popped up in my head. I thought to myself, this could be a great way of combining fletching and magic to get a 99, some amazing magic experience and nearly 2m profit!

Buy Magic Logs @ 1k each.

Buy Bowstrings @ 200 each.

Buying Nature Runes @ 320 each.

Total - 1520 per Magic Longbow.

When alched I make a teensy profit of 16gp.

I could do this in 5k amounts at a time, until I eventually reach 99 Fletching.

Any flaws with my plan? Also, how easy are the materials to buy in say 5k quantities?

The only "flaw" in your sceme is the availability of magic logs. They are cut really slow (i heard), and they are not as abundantly available as yew logs.

Your math is good, although you might be able to get BS for less then 200ea (150-180) increasing your profit.

As for availability, I think yews are faster in terms of availability. To be able to make a profit, you have to make/get one of the components yourself. Abyss RC nats (downside: risk of PK), or cut yews (downside autoers/boredom) or get flax (picking :ohnoes: ) and make BS.

If you make one component yourself, you'll make a profit AND gain xp in another skill then fletching! (that's the way I like it).

Good luck

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Magic Logs was the one thing in my plan that was causing me to doubt it. I thought 99 Fletching would be a nice easy 99 to get and combining it with magic would give me extra exp that other fletchers might not have.

With Fletching I like to either break even or make a profit. Crafting 60k odd nature runes is not my idea of fun so if I did go down the yew longbow path I would have to sacrifice the magic experience. :(

yews: 300 ea

BS: 150-180 ea

buy materials, sell bows 550 ea (fair price I think)

Then rinse/repeat for materials, buy natures (300-320ea) for the profit you make. Say you make an average profit of 60gp per bow, that means every 5 bows = 1 nat (5*60=300). So you can alch 1 out of 5 bows you fletch. Not enough for 99 mage, but it gets you some fair xp I guess.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

yews: 300 ea

BS: 150-180 ea

buy materials, sell bows 550 ea (fair price I think)

Then rinse/repeat for materials, buy natures (300-320ea) for the profit you make. Say you make an average profit of 60gp per bow, that means every 5 bows = 1 nat (5*60=300). So you can alch 1 out of 5 bows you fletch. Not enough for 99 mage, but it gets you some fair xp I guess.

which means if your making 5k yew longs your allowed to alch 1k of them \'

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

Buying magic logs 1k each is like suicide.

I paid 1.2k each magic log and got them easily, but before that I had very much trouble buying any at 1k each. Then I raised my price to 1.1k each and realised that where ever I went there was someone buying magic logs at 1.1k each already or someone came to take over my world with 1110gp each.

I started paying 1.2k each and nobody took over my buying place for the logs anymore.

You'll do better with yew longbows.

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]