Veracs at KQ

compfreak847

I'm planning on duoing the KQ soon, and I had a few questions about Veracs. First of all, with my levels would I kill her second form faster/more efficiently with mage, melee (veracs), or range? Everyone says veracs, but the set effect only kicks in every 3-4 hits, and if I only hit once every 3rd or 4th time, that's not hitting very often. Does the set effect also hit through her hides and make me hit her almost every time, or is she just really invulnerable to mage/range?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

To my knowledge I have never heard of anyone trying to use magic on the KQ. Range isn't nearly as affective as it should be - come to think of it it's completely useless on the second form anyway.

So yeah, your prettty much stuck with veracs pal. Or, what you could do which would be your only alternative is to get kalphites as a slayer task, equip a black mask and then go whoop some kalphite's [wagon]. :P

Strangely enough the black mask enables you to hit through the kalphite queen's prayer, so it works better then veracs depending on your levels.

Have fun KQing!

To my knowledge I have never heard of anyone trying to use magic on the KQ. Range isn't nearly as affective as it should be - come to think of it it's completely useless on the second form anyway.

So yeah, your prettty much stuck with veracs pal. Or, what you could do which would be your only alternative is to get kalphites as a slayer task, equip a black mask and then go whoop some kalphite's [wagon]. :P

Strangely enough the black mask enables you to hit through the kalphite queen's prayer, so it works better then veracs depending on your levels.

Have fun KQing!

Depending on my levels? What do you mean? If Slayer mask allows me to act as if prayer wasn't there, I should be able to hit way more frequently then just hitting when the verac set kicked in. Anyway, my other question is still: Does veracs cut through her defense at least somewhat? (hides or whatever)

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

She is not entirely immune to what her protection prayer shows. That was once a screenshot i saw someone manage to range her first form potted at about 103 range. Her protection prayers means she is very resistant to that type of attack, not entirely immune.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

She is not entirely immune to what her protection prayer shows. That was once a screenshot i saw someone manage to range her first form potted at about 103 range. Her protection prayers means she is very resistant to that type of attack, not entirely immune.

That's true, I myself have used a whip on her second form (not doing too badly either). I got to her second form and a bit less than half her health in 1 trip using a whip when I went by myself one time.

Veracs is the way to go if you're going in a small group, it provides good defence and prayer bonuses, and helps hitting through that high defence the Queen has.

first form, you will have to melee her. That is a fact. So you are taking armour with you anyway. Preferably veracs, for defense bonus + prayer bonus. Fact 1.

Fact 2: Second form is either full verac, ranged or magic. Well, you can try, but really.. veracs is far more effectively. When taking magic / ranged armour, you also have less defense against her attacks, but you have less space for sharks.

Also, you melee attack is far more powerfull and verac hits through prayer quite often. The 2nd form isn't that hard. At level 93 combat, I often get the kill, using full verac. So you should have no problem killing her with 2-3 men group.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Will a black mask + kalphite assignment hit more often then veracs?

DeviledEgg24.png

her prayer is like a players protect prayers, you can hit through it with any weapon, but not as effectively, thats wat i was told for kq. so u cna use a whip down there and win lol

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come