Ripping vocals/instrumentals from a song?

KnightLite

I've been producing my own beats lately, downloading instrumentals and remixing them with different songs.

I need a program or a way to rip vocals from a song so I can just have a track that's acapella. Same with the instrumentals.

Thanks

Btw, you can check out the work I've already done on 2 songs:

http://www.myspace.com/helmut4lyfeproductions

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

No. Unless you've got the raw format that's split into layers you wont be able to.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

No. Unless you've got the raw format that's split into layers you wont be able to.

Raw format? How would I get that?

If I type in "instrumental" or "acapella" on limewire or something, I can download certain songs without voice or without instruments. How did they do it?

x843.png

i've done it before with this trial version...i dunno if it held true to what Matt said or not...

all i know is it took off the one voice...but it had a back up singer and it recognized it as an instrument..

it was also an R & B song...so same thing might happen to you :-k

Your best bet is probally to go down to a music store/ DJ'ing store and ask how you can split up audio. I think the only way to do it is to buy specially made LP's or CD's, but I may be wrong.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

There's a built in vocal remover in Winamp. Obviously it won't work 100% of the time, but nothing will. You can't seperate audio tracks that have been mixed together.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Ripping the intruments from backround and adding your own singing doesn't make the copyrighted songs legal, tho. Better keep that in your mind when you're sharing your productions.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

This works with some tracks, but not with others. It also can mess up the audio a bit, but it might be worth a shout:

Audacity

Already downloaded that when you put on the Tip It Celebrity Challenge :P

x843.png

if you had the HARDWARE then it is possible as it's been around for years, the SOFTWARE though is another story as I've heard it's near impossible to do it :s Basically you're out of luck of doing it yourself

Its impossible. Without clicking you cannot do it.

BUt you can you equalizers and remove the baseline, and possibe high hats. If the song is a rap, sometimes you can get out the vocals and keep just the snares. Its tricky to do aswell.

All of the instrumentals and accapellas you hear are usually from the B side of a 12 inch.

WiteFlight.gif

if you had the HARDWARE then it is possible as it's been around for years, the SOFTWARE though is another story as I've heard it's near impossible to do it :s Basically you're out of luck of doing it yourself

What kind of hardware? I googled it, but couldn't find anything

x843.png

Don't listen to i123i about hardware. Unless you have access to the original source files, which you wont have and cant buy, then you cant do it. There's stuff you can do using some more advanced software to attempt to remove some parts of a track but theres no magic bit of kit that removes vocals from any given song.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12