:::::::Faster Coal-Mining Guide (F2P):::::::

l0rdbarney

So this is my coal mining guide. This guide is for people who wish to sell coal for profit. Using my method takes fewer clicks, saves time, and also gets smith and mage xp along the way.

Requirements:

-43 mage(for superheat)

-30 mining, guild reccomended

-50 smithing(the minimum for mith smelting)

~~(items)~~

-"x" number of nats, "x" number of ur base ore ur smelting (mith and up)

-best pickaxe possible

-fire staff(wielded in weapon slot; an alternative is to wield the pickaxe and hold fire runes in your pack, staff just saves a bit of money)

~this should be your inventory, you can see I am wielding the fire staff~

guidepreminevw6.png

-notice I leave 4 spaces(since I am doing mith) for coal so that I can superheat(for addy, leave 6 spaces and for rune, leave 8 spaces empty) if you do not have enough space, then you cannot get enough coal and cannot cast superheat

Method:

1)With the above outfit and items, go to a coal mining spot.

2)Mine as much coal as you can(if you are doing mith bars, your inventory should have 4 spots empty for the 4 coal)

3)After you have mined that bare minimum to make the bar of your choice, cast superheat to make the bar of your choice.

4)Keep mining coal and smelting into bars until you are out of base ores to smelt.

5)Fill up your last bit of inventory with coal(just so you are not wasting space, you can sell this coal by itself later) and bank.

6)Just keep doing this until you have used up all your bars, then sell them.

~this should be your pre-banking inventory~

guidepostminele6.png

-as u can see i mined that 4 extra coal just so im not wasting space as i bank, i can sell this coal individually later

Prices:

-Mith Smelting-

1100(the price of bar) - 350(price of mith ore) - 300(nat cost)

-coal sold at 113 ea

-Addy Smelting-

2100(bar price) - 950(ore price) - 300(nat cost)

-coal sold at 142 ea

-Rune Smelting-

12500(bar price) - 11000(ore price) - 300(nat cost)

-coal sold at 150 ea

Although the coal is sold at extremely low prices, remember there is much less banking(mith bar smelting- 4 times less banking, addy- 6 times less banking, and rune- 8 times less banking, all for the same amount of coal); the fewer banking trips outweighs the profit made from mining and banking each load. The exact numbers are not here to prove this, testing and statistics are yet to come(pease feel free to test this out for me, I will be sure to have your name appear next to the times/money made portion, I just do not feel like mining coal for a while)~

This method will get mage and smith xp along the way, two skills that are rather difficult to lvl in f2p. Also, my prices are the average, you could quite easily sell the bars for higher and buy the ores for lower if you bothered to search a bit. Try and get a permanent buyer who will pay high for the bars; for the ores, just go to falador east bank and buy in small increments-as they will usually be sold cheaper. Doing this could significantly increase your profits.

k thx for reading, plz post :thumbsup:

-any suggestions, plz speak out, and plz tell me if u have any questions

\'

-if some1 knows how to get the pics bigger(they appear as icons on my screen) using imageshack, plz tell me

~Demon X Lord

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

Pretty short for a guide... And please, stop bumping all the old topics, if the author won't bump it, they've probably forgotten about it...

Uula.png

Pretty short for a guide... And please, stop bumping all the old topics, if the author won't bump it, they've probably forgotten about it...

lol alrite sry, just wanted to see what old guides were like, and didnt think itd hurt to post, wasnt bumping, actually had some feedback relating to the topic, not just a "nice guide"

lol alrite sry, just wanted to see what old guides were like, and didnt think itd hurt to post, wasnt bumping, actually had some feedback relating to the topic, not just a "nice guide"

What do they do with the feedback after such a long time? If they wanted the feedback, they would've bumped their guides long ago. Good that you at least stayed on topic ::'

Uula.png

Q:Why must i wield the fire staff, and why cant i just hold fire runes?

A:You dont need the rune pic wielded to use it, but u need the fire staff wielded to cast superheat, so having pic in invent. is fine; and holding fire runes would be a waste of runes.

While I realize this guide is for free players and I also know you don't have to wield the pick for use. What of those members who have thousands of fire runes from runecrafting or even free players who train at lessers? People don't buy fire runes for much, so I don't see it as a waste of runes. Perhaps I'm just nit picking, but I think it's the wording of this sentence. You do not need a fire staff to cast superheat, maybe you could change the wording as not to confuse anyone.

Although it was a short guide, this is not an overdone topic so I'll rate it 5/10. Higher rating if you wrote your words out and included those pictures.

lol ive had some terrible reviews, plz comment on how to improve more

uular~ lol k wont be searching anymore old topics

O_o_kay~alrite ill fix that bit, and ya got the pictures in, they're a bit small, any1 know how to blow em up a bit?

preety good guide(tip). can be improved by better grammer and better presentation of guide(tip)

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

You guys are under rating this guide, its not bad at all. It may be more on the tip side vs. the full blown guide side, but it was organized nicely and has pictures now. It looks like a great method, and you can apply this to not just mith bars, but all bars that use coal(Maybe expand it so its a guide on that vs just a tip for mith bars?).

But overall the information and presentation was pretty good, 8.2/10.

scubanz3.jpg

4972745284559197a18112.gifRsn: Scuba10

could use work in general, and if you a pretty experienced player its not anything new.

although it does provide a good way to quickly smelt steel as you save 400 per bar(mining the coal yourself) and spend 300 per nature rune without much time increase. work on your pics, post prices of bars and ores, give the average time it take to do a load of ea(basically an easy converter to a cash saved per hour doing it yourself) and use better text formatting

besides that ill give a 5/10 cause you actually posted and presented the guide in an understandable way

newsignature1fs8.png

You guys are under rating this guide, its not bad at all. It may be more on the tip side vs. the full blown guide side, but it was organized nicely and has pictures now. It looks like a great method, and you can apply this to not just mith bars, but all bars that use coal(Maybe expand it so its a guide on that vs just a tip for mith bars?).

But overall the information and presentation was pretty good, 8.2/10.

chyea! 1 positive bit of feedback! \' :thumbsup: <3:

lol, gonna try and fix some of the internet lingo, i guess it makes the guide look crummy

k, edited for grammar, and revised it a bit, added some prices for bars and ores, gave you some numbers

also took at FAQ and worked the answers into the guide, if u have any questions plz post

any1 know how to make the pictures bigger using imageshack?

Instead of using the first or second links, copy the 5th one, called Hotlink for Forums (1). With this one, you don't even need the , just copy and paste.

Nice guide, mabye for the pictures, make it easier for us to understand - a separate picture for the inv, and a separate picture for what you are wearing.

Gl, keep going, maybe talk about wilderness mining, such as hobgoblin, where you can get tons of mith and addy.

Break

BlueSig3.jpg

any1 know how to make the pictures bigger using imageshack?

Instead of using the first or second links, copy the 5th one, called Hotlink for Forums (1). With this one, you don't even need the , just copy and paste.

Nice guide, mabye for the pictures, make it easier for us to understand - a separate picture for the inv, and a separate picture for what you are wearing.

Gl, keep going, maybe talk about wilderness mining, such as hobgoblin, where you can get tons of mith and addy.

yay a response!

-and from sparty! :shock: :thumbsup:

kk thx about the pics, ill try that

and ya i guess i could try to add a wildy part too

all suggestions taken into consideration, thx for postin!

It's what I used to do when i were f2p. I missed those day.

lol u say f2p like its rsc, u can do this whenever u want, although i suppose there are hundreds of better ways to lvl mining, and thousands of better ways to make money in p2p

lol thx for postin!

• 2 weeks later...