Smithing help?

Unleasher10

Hmm, I'm kinda stuck here as to the best way to train smithing. I am F2P, level 55 mining and 41 smithing. I've also got access to the crafting guild if that helps. I've tried these methods so far:

-Mining iron and coal, then smelting and smithing and selling to general store.

-Buying iron and coal, smelting and selling the steel bars.

-Mining gold in crafting guild, walking up to Fally, smelting, smithing and selling to general store.

Which of these methods is probably best, or is there another method altogether? Any help would be appreciated :) [/hide]

Get yourself 1k steel bars and work for one of those smithing companies that trade you the supplies to make plus some gp for your bars. I went from 50 something to 70 smithing that way and made a pretty good profit too :D.

Those smithing companies are a rip off, you can get much better returns by selling the bars and buying the materials yourself - the only advantage to the smithing companies is that they are much faster in exchanging bars for materials.

Your best bet is to buy your own materials - iron 100 each and coal 180-190 each, and sell the bars for 600 each. You make 40-50 gp more per bar by doing it yourself instead of using a company.

If I were you, I would keep buying materials and selling bars until you have enough materials for 5k steel bars. Then you can smith them into steel plates and either alch those, or sell them 1k each. I got my f2p skiller to 68 smithing this way, and also made a mil. But bear in mind, this will take you a week or 2.