Jad + healers advice needed

guzoliub

I have had 10+ Fire cape attempts, all of them - unsuccessful.

my internet connection is not very fast so I have NO room for error.

In most of my charges I die from Jad right away - cannot manage a singe parayer switch correctly, but at last I managed to find the right time and the right server to have just enough responce time to do the siwtching.

So - I managed to cut him to half health - without a mistake and relatively fast. Then the healers came and while trying to attack them I messed up prayers and it was over in seconds (at least I was encouraged that the thing is possible).

I need advice how to handle the healers. very detailed description of what should i do. for example :

see the next attack, switch prayer, switch to long range, switch prayer, attack healer, switch prayer ...

or

see the next attack, switch prayer, switch to long range, attack healer, switch prayer ...

I could eventually figure out the best tactic, but it takes 2.5h just to make it to jad :\

+ should I be afraid of them killing me or I could ignore them? how much food do I need if I let them attack me?

for jad I will be wearing black dh body and legs, fury, barrows gloves, snakesking boots. (I will also have full guthan in my inventory, but using it will make my attacks on jad ineffective?). I am using 2 crystal bows - always firing the full and degrading the other. Usually I arrive at jad with 10 doses of sara brew, 10 doses super restore, 2 tuna potatoes and some prayer restore. I have 74 defence and 78 ranged.

+ what is the earlyest moment that you can guess the attack? can you guess just by the way he rises his legs, or you have to see if he holds or slam them?

Any helpful advice is appreciated :)

heres a guid on tip.it for y it should help

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=fight_pit.htm

hope this helps

jamessweet60

You could also try to read his post. He's asking for specific detailed information not covered precisley by the guide.

Mainly when healers come out, if you are using short range weapons like MSB or karils bow, you will need to switch to long range mode. Usually it goes like look at jad's attack, switch if needed, hit a healer, next jad's attack, switch, another healer... until you got all healers after you, jad would be somewhere near full health but that is not important. When all 4 healers are on you it will hurt so turn on steel skin prayer. Continue to block jad's attacks while moving into an ideal position where only 1 healers is attacking you (like they are lining up), then just focus on jad on heal/pot when needed but only do after you switched to the right prayer after an attempted attack by jad. Pretty sure Muggi would find his way in this thread and give his well valued advice. :-w Good luck

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

thank you Freesia.

I am using crystal bow - do i need ot switch to long range or I can continue with normal (I use speed) attacks without risking getiing too close to jad for melee attacks?

I guess staying on rapid is fine, it shoots at a range of almost a screen away, anyway throughout that whole fight against jad if you are having too trouble trying to shoot healers just change to long range, it all depends on situation

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Once the healers arrive, wait until you can see what attack jad is making and switch as usual. IMMEDIATELY afterwards, attack one healer, and then, right after clicking one, attack another. Once you have clicked the second, look back at jad and switch for his next attack. Attack the next 2 healers, switch, and back to attacking jad. Easy as that. Look at muggiwhplar's guide in the archive of wisdom (fight caves w/o guthans) to see what I mean.

Once the healers arrive, wait until you can see what attack jad is making and switch as usual. IMMEDIATELY afterwards, attack one healer, and then, right after clicking one, attack another. Once you have clicked the second, look back at jad and switch for his next attack. Attack the next 2 healers, switch, and back to attacking jad. Easy as that. Look at muggiwhplar's guide in the archive of wisdom (fight caves w/o guthans) to see what I mean.

well - on words it might be easy, but I failed again :\

once the healers appear my concentration goes the other way. this time i even managed to kill 1 healer, but made too many mistakes on prayer swtches. tryng to eat, fight, pot and prayer switch in the same time ...

hmm, where do the helaers come form? the center ?

I might try to move around jad before they arive so that when they come they will be just beside me?

Just stay calm when the healers come, you don't need to focus on them that much. Just take them off one at a time (as fast as possible), without rushing too much and forgetting about jad's attacks. Once all the healers are on you, decide wether you want to kill the healers or just finish of Jad.

If you want to kill the healers, check how much hp Jad has left. If Jad has more than 50% of his health left (one of the healers healed him) you must shoot him to 30-40%, after that you can go around the italy rock (if you used the "safe" spot when Jad came) and kill the healers there with your guthans + melee pray. Jad can't attack you over the italy. If Jad is over 50% health when you kill the healers they will respawn soon after and you'll need to kill them again.

If you just want to finish Jad, stay focused and either be extremely fast with Jad (so the healers don't kill you) or get the healers in row so that only one of them attacks you.

Killing the healers can be good if you are low on health and need to heal with your guthans. When I got my firecape I needed to kill the healers 3 times before I figured I needed to get Jad below 50% hp. It was good though, because I needed the guthan- healing, Jad hit me like 3 times when I was too slow with my prayers.

And the top tip: Search and look as many Jad killing- videos as possible. They really help a lot. I watched like 10 of them before finally succeeding on my 4th try. :mrgreen: