Smithing with no money loss?

mchainmail

I guess this means ores -> bars.

There are 2 methods (I think)

Steel materials -> steel bars (17.5 exp ea)

Mith materials -> mith bars (30 exp ea)

Is either better than the other? I have a lot of money to work with for this.

nh.jpg

if you just want to smith bars and sell them. either buy 2 coal @ 150 each and 1 iron @ 100 each*however many bars you want to make and sell 600 each, so 2*150=300+100=400. 600-400=200 gp profit. for mith, buy 1 mith ore @ 350-400 each, and 4 coal @ 150 each* number of bars you want to make. 4*150=600+350-400=950-1000. sell @ 1.1k each, so 1100-1000-950=100-150 gp profit.

fatdog%2016.gif

fatdog_16.png

la%20vie%20est%20mal,%20mais%20il%20est%20bon%20un%20peu.png

OF course that mother is badly crazy,

but I dont understand why the 22 year old girl wants to live with and have sex with the 13 year boy, just because he is lvl 126 or something?

well if you're f2p then those are 2 good options.... you don't get much xp is the problem and you spend about half your time trying to sell the bars you just made

if you're p2p then make steel bars, then make cannon balls from the steel bars and sell those.

also, at 86 smithing you will make a profit by smithing then selling rune hatchets and addy pl8s :)

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Personally, i'd say buying iron ores and forging rings - Its slow, but its easy and you can make alot of money.

100ea ore and you can sell the bars for 220ea.

Or, make them into Knifes for 2.5x the xp and also make money.

I'm f2p and im going for 70 smithing and this is wat ive used since 60 smithing http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=621421&start=0 go there and read the "Tradin ores + cash for bars - Trade options" hopefully ull find one that u like, this is an easy way to lvl smithing for free and getting some cash at the same time, i recommend u mith bars if u can smelt them, u can get faster exp with mith than steel.

hope this helps

I think the best way (but slowest) is to smelt cannon balls. Buy steel bars 550-600 each, make cannon balls, sell on the offical forums for 200ea. BUT you make 4 cannon balls per bar so you make 200-250 gp profit each bar.

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Work steel until 68 smithing. Start by mining enough for 1k steel bars, then smelt. Sell the bars, buy materials for 1200 bars. Smelt, sell, buy materials for 1500 bars. Keep doing this until you have enough to buy the materials for 5k steel bars, and then smith those into steel plates. This will get you at or near 68 smithing and you'll make a mil.

From then on, do mith. A good way to break even smithing is to mine either 3k coal, or 1k coal and 1k mith ore. Buy the remaining materials for 1k mith bars. Smelt, and smith into plates, then sell or alch the plates and you will break even.

If you want it to be a little less mining-intensive, try steel, although you'll still have to mine 1k iron and 1k coal, and then buy the other 1k coal to break even or make a small profit on steel.

Of course, you can just continue to smelt bars and sell them for more ores, but that gets old after a while, and you won't get any mining exp.

• 2 weeks later...