Problem Solved, please close.

gokillu

Hey, i think im really really dumb or something because I seem to be the only person around here who can't figure out how to add audio to my windows movie maker program :wall: . I have all my songs in the itunes mp4 format and movie maker only takes mp3 and various others. How do i convert my mp4 files to mp3 files? I even tried windows media player songs and dogpile.com songs which are in mp3 format and I couldn't upload them. I even tried inserting one of my own cds and it still wouldn't let me. Cant someone explain the propper technique for uploading audio to my video on windows movie maker.

Gokillu.png

Songs from itunes are protected aac. You cannot import them to use as background music. It also breaks copyright law.

You could re-rip the songs from CD into a more usable format such as mp3 but its still illegal to add them to your videos unless you have the rights to use it.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

theres a lot of copyright stuff you should deal with before putting music in your movies, but no one does anyway. the way i did it was, i ripped and saved my cds onto a playlist in media player. then i went to open, my music, my playlists...and all my stuff was there ready to add.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Songs from itunes are protected aac. You cannot import them to use as background music. It also breaks copyright law.

You could re-rip the songs from CD into a more usable format such as mp3 but its still illegal to add them to your videos unless you have the rights to use it.

use the word protected lightly since its incredibly easy to get round an Ipod / itunes copy protection security. Its more the morality that would stop you more than anything else..

You need the music files to be in an appropiate format.. rerip them as .mp3 and try again

Tk5SF.png

I believe the problem he is having is not in the format of his music: it's in that he doesn't know how to add the music files to the movie...

You should be able to click Import Audio or Music on the side, then switch to timeline view, then drag the music file from the middle storage area to the timeline where you want it to start playing.

Mastermule52.png

The refuge that you built to flee that places that you've come to fear the most ... is the place that you have come to fear the most.

Operator - http://www.heartunit.org

Council - http://z8.invisionfree.com/skillaz

Moderator - http://forum.meebo.com

theres a lot of copyright stuff you should deal with before putting music in your movies, but no one does anyway. the way i did it was, i ripped and saved my cds onto a playlist in media player. then i went to open, my music, my playlists...and all my stuff was there ready to add.

hey thanks! that works beautifully. I owe you. And thanks everyone else for the input. :thumbsup:

Gokillu.png

Its bad practice to change the topic title because it means that it breaks the search function if someone else has a similar problem.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12