A (Semi-)Legal Question for Y'all

Errdoth

I go to private school as well (though I am not taught by nuns), and I happen to be in 7th grade as well. I really hate the regulations. honestly I don't see whats the prob in making your own vid. If you and your friends take the trouble of doing your homework in perhaps the most creative form of report, then go to the trouble of putting it up on youtube, I think you deserve to do so. I see nothing wrong.

Use this thread as a petition to prevent you from being punished!

2nd mature 7th grader iv met. congratz lol

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, actually, she requested to have a conference with my mom. One of the other teachers handed me this envelope, which said "To the parents of Sean xxxxxxx", which was my cue to open it. Inside it basically said: "Mr. and Mrs. xxxxxx, I need to speak to you about the awful content that your son has so carelessly and illigally placed on the internet. Is Wednesday morning good for you?"

I showed my mom, and she said that it was none of her business what I do in my free time, and that she would go, and tell the teacher just that. So, again, I wait.

however if the teacher isnt in it she has nothing to complain about unless she/he (cant remember if u specified) wont be able to do anything as her/his privacy isnt shown

or something like that

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Well, actually, she requested to have a conference with my mom. One of the other teachers handed me this envelope, which said "To the parents of Sean xxxxxxx", which was my cue to open it. Inside it basically said: "Mr. and Mrs. xxxxxx, I need to speak to you about the awful content that your son has so carelessly and illigally placed on the internet. Is Wednesday morning good for you?"

I showed my mom, and she said that it was none of her business what I do in my free time, and that she would go, and tell the teacher just that. So, again, I wait.

Is that what the teacher wrote exactly? If so, I'm almost mentally stuttering in rage at the way they worded it, as well as the blatant injustness and inherent incorrectness of what they've sad.

If it was me, I would briskly inform them that they you had by all means possible verified the legality of posting the clip on the internet. After all, you did inform your teacher, and the parents of the students. Then I would question where exactly the, 'awfulness' she delineates is derived from. I would then sincerely inform her that she needs to sit back and seriously evaluate what her values are.

If she then continues to pursue this avenue of ridiculum, raise the issue with the relevant authorities - ABOVE her.

You definately were not 'careless' in the posting, and there was nothing 'illegal' about it, unless your school conditions specifically provision to such an instance, which I highly doubt.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Leave it up. Serisouly. It's really cool that your mom isn't "Oh, remove it!" because then that would be when you have to.

Most teachers are pinheads, and 7th grade teachers are insane because every year they get a fresh batch of 6th graders to make them even more pinheadish.

What exactly was on the video anyway?

...I need to speak to you about the awful content...
loldruidym0.jpg

Is that what the teacher wrote exactly?

No, it was more of my stuttering rage, and laziness to get the actual memo, rather than hers. :( It said, word for word: "Mr. and Mrs. xxxxxxx, I need to schedule a conference regarding internet safety and the video your son 'posted' on YouTube. Does Wednesday morning work for you?" Yeah, I screwed that up.

Is that what the teacher wrote exactly?

No, it was more of my stuttering rage, and laziness to get the actual memo, rather than hers. :( It said, word for word: "Mr. and Mrs. xxxxxxx, I need to schedule a conference regarding internet safety and the video your son 'posted' on YouTube. Does Wednesday morning work for you?" Yeah, I screwed that up.

Internet safety.

Hah, you've already explored most if not all relevant avenues in terms of the safety of your peers. It's not like you have your school name there or anything.

If your parents agree with you, I sincerely don't see much that she can do. She's probably relying on your parents not being very supportive and thence being hard on you. You have a relatively clean record according to what you've said, and are in key leadership roles that pretty much show that you're a good person.

Good luck with that, if the system has any justice at all, the teacher will learn something very nifty, something called reasonability.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Well, unfortunately, you have little power by yourself, but at least your mom is on your side. Tell them, or ask your mom to tell them, at the conference, that you obtained permission from all concerned, and the parents of all concerned. Tell them further that, as a frequent user of the Internet, you are well-versed in Internet safety and knew what you were doing (Which I'm sure you did). I honestly don't think anything unsafe is going to happen just because you posted that video on YouTube; your teacher, I imagine, is simply being paranoid.

Good luck at your conference, and I hope your teacher gets a lesson of reason driven home into her thick, empty head. :-w

sig2.jpg