10k lamp at Varrock museum ?

Malhavok

Ok I did the 1st floor rock clean-up and got 50 Kudos.

I Talked to the Historian on the 2nd floor, showed him the book and got 65 Kudos and 2 1k lamps.

I did the display cases in the basement and got 28 Kudos and 1k xp in Slayer and Hunter.

I now have 143 Kudos and talked to the Information clerk by the front door, got some smithing and mining xp ( not positive ), and told I qualify to go to the future island.

but how do I get the 10k xp lamp?

EDIT: I also got the ruby necklace and learned how to enchant it.

85pbfja.jpg

Geaux Tigers ! Congrats on a great year !

You need to do the "What Lies Below..." Quest. After you do the quest, talk to the Historian on the first floor and you will start talking about the quest. Your character will then say something about getting the book. Head to the library in Varrock and search for the book. When you have it, go back and talk to the Historian again and he'll take some notes. He'll then give you the 10k lamp.

Have fun! :D

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

No, I already did that, and I've only got the two 1k-lamps from that guy.

I think you need to complete the whole timeline.

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

Having done all the quests I was able to complete the whole timeline. I got 3 lamps before I got to the bit about the book. Each of the lamps gave me 1k of Exp.

I then got the book from the Library and handed it over, but no extra lamp. :cry:

As yet I have not filled all the cases on the ground floor, by cleaning up digsite items, so it may be I need to do that before getting the extra lamp?

Also - no idea yet about the ruby necklace... :-s

(I have completed the task in the basement to get the 1k of Slayer and 1k of Hunter Exp.)

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

i didt desert treasure ( and weard ghostly robes while talking to him) first i got 3 lamps of 1k then i talked again and got a 10k lamp

I think that is the answer. Neither hubby nor I have done desert treasure and we only got the 3 1k lamps. Not sure if wearing the robes is a requirement though.

4774_e3d1ea.png

I'm a married mother that plays RuneScape. Got a problem with that?

Wll I have done all quests and returned the book to the Historian, but I have yet to get the 10k lamp.

I am about to do Ghostly Robes and see if that gets me the lamp, will post later.

85pbfja.jpg

Having done all the quests I was able to complete the whole timeline. I got 3 lamps before I got to the bit about the book. Each of the lamps gave me 1k of Exp.

I then got the book from the Library and handed it over, but no extra lamp. :cry:

As yet I have not filled all the cases on the ground floor, by cleaning up digsite items, so it may be I need to do that before getting the extra lamp?

Also - no idea yet about the ruby necklace... :-s

(I have completed the task in the basement to get the 1k of Slayer and 1k of Hunter Exp.)

I have only gotten 143 points and 3 lamps, I too have missed a part but not sure exactly what I have missed. I have cleaned all the stuff, placed it into the display cases, ruby necklace, book, etc. :wall:

kq7.jpg

Thanks AJC for the siggy!

Okay, I did the Ghostly Robes mini-quest and got my 10k lamp.

In this quest you learn some more history which gives you 10 Kudos.

It was also the LAST thing I could teach the historian, so I got my lamp.

You do not need to be wearing the robes, just teach him the info you learn.

untitlednc2.png

Also the ruby neclace is something you get from the rock cleaning portion.

You show the guy who teaches you a new spell to enchant it. It has 5 tellys and it tellys you to a spot near the Digsite which in the future will have a barge which will take you to a new island if you have enough Kudos.

85pbfja.jpg

• 16 years later...