How to make a decent forum.

Mercifull

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It needs serious updating tho. :(

Then do it you lazy bum :P

It would be a shame though to see it go. You did a great job last time!

The internet is just flooded with crappy one click free forums hosts now tho providing a susbstandard service and using MY themes without permission or giving me royalties. Hardly anyone bothers to make a proper website these days :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It needs serious updating tho. :(

Then do it you lazy bum :P

It would be a shame though to see it go. You did a great job last time!

The internet is just flooded with crappy one click free forums hosts now tho providing a susbstandard service and using MY themes without permission or giving me royalties. Hardly anyone bothers to make a proper website these days :(

I know what you mean :anxious:

If you mean yours then its a darn sight better than most of the rubbish these days. Of course none can compare to the amazing Battlestar Wiki right now :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• 6 months later...
smf looks better then phpbb and you can mod it up loads
Define look, I'm willing to bet I could make a theme to make phpbb look like rubbish and smf look awesome, then reverse that effect.

But if you mean feature wise, phpbb has pretty much everything covered.

And anything it doesn't, pick from the near endless mods and i'm willing to bet it will be covered, if it aint - make a request for it. No dramas.

• 9 months later...

http://www.freeforums.org

I highly recomend this one. Great support community providing quick answers, They are always working on new stuff, you can submit your own templates (and etc.).

And, its PhpBB3, like what TIF has... It is a little hard to understand at first, but the Admin control panel gets easier to understand the more you flip through the pages.

Also, if you want to fully run your own forums, they give you your whole forums, every piece of data, and help you on your way transferring it to your new domain.

Its what I use for my removed. (Sorry for the advertisement, but I though I might give an example as well.)

(Oh, and I believe that DigitalPh33r used this for his forums until he bought his own domain and transferred all his stuff there.)