Th Ultimate F2P Fishing Guide, Version 2.4! 3K Views!

CreameEgg

Now all these guides are saying that merchanting is the best way to make money, but for those who are like me and really cannot merchant (or just couldn't be bothered), I created this Free to Play guide to help. Now I am going to teach you how you can make money and raise your fishing skill easily! Firstly when you start out fishing all that you can catch is shrimp. Don't worry you'll be up with the big fishes soon.

Level 1-10!

So there are two main places to catch shrimp. If you are just starting out in the game and have never played before I recommend the Lumbridge. Lumbridge is where you are set when you start out and finish the Tutorial Island. You will find a lot of other players there, as well as skill tutors. To get to the fishing tutor and the fishing spot in Lumbridge just follow this map,

untitled.jpg

For more experienced player to get to the Draynor fishing spot just go Draynor and to the Willow trees near the bank. You will have to fish around only 116 shrimps. It isn't alot considering what you will soon have to fish! You can bank the fish or cook them. I would recommend cooking them for easy cooking exp. You won't get much money for these.

Level 10-25!

Now at level 10 you can catch herring and sardines. But you have been able to catch sardines since level 5. Why start at level 10 you may be wondering? The answer is that they would have been very slow to cathc at level 5. To start off you will need a fishing rod and around 280- 310 fishing baits. Fishing baits are very cheap to buy so you can either make a small investment if you have money, or sell some of your shrimp for money. You can also raise your combat level by killing men and women, because they sometimes drop fishing bait. I would recommend buying the fishing bait. You can fish with bait in again Draynor, or you can now go to Barbarian village. You can find it just west of Varrock. There is a town to the north where you can bank your fish. There is also people who make fires there that you can cook your fish on. I would agin recommend cooking you fish for the easy exp.

Level 25-55!

Now this is where you can really start to make your money! By fishing Trout and Salmon! To fish Trout and Salmon you are going to need a fly fishing rod and around 2,500 and 3,000 feathers. You can easily buy feathers for 3-5gp or you can kill chickens. I would recommend that you kill the chickens for the exp. There is a chicken coop just about Draynor in the farm, but there are a lot of other players there who are killing the chickens too. There is another chicken coop in the Champions guild for those with enough Quest Points to enter. It is just south of Varrock. There arn't usually many other players there. When you are fishing and have a full inventory (26/28) head north and you will come to a bank near the Wilderness, not in it! Bank your fish and then go back to fishing. When you have reached level 55 goal go to the bank and take out a full inventory of raw fish then go across West from the bank to a small house with a stove, and cook your fish this should get you up to around level 50 cooking, give or take. There is a lot of PKers in the bank who need food so sell your cooked trout for 40gp each, 1K of cooked Trout sells for 40K GP!!! \' And then sell your cooked Salmon at the same spot for about 50-60gp each. Again try to sell in 500's or 1K's! Now your into about your first 100K GP from fishing and you haven't even got to the real money makers yet! :thumbsup:

Level 55-99!

Now you can fish lobsters! But you have been able to fish Lobsters since level 40, I recommend you wait untill this time as it would have been very, very slow! To fish Lobsters you will need a Lobster Pot and around 3K or 60GP for every trip. But I recommend that you bring around 3K so you don't have to worry about it! The good thing about Lobsters is that they require no food or bait! You will need your precious GP to board a boat at Port Sarim (talk to the blue sailors across from the fishing shop) that will sail all the way to an Island called Karamja.

untitled-2.jpg

And you won't get sea sick! Now once you are on Karamja walk west to the entrance of the Banana trees then North to dock. This is the only place that you can fish lobsters and swordfish so it's naturally crowded!

untitled-1.jpg

But you will get your own Lobsters! Once you have your full Inventory (again 26/28) head back to the ship and pay the customs officer. Then head back to the Draynor bank, it's the closest. keep repeating this process untill you have 1K+ of Lobsters. Uncooked Lobsters sell for around 200-230GP on the Runescape forums or you can try cook the Lobsters and sell them for around 190-220GP in the game. I would recommend NOT cooking them and trying the forums. There will allways be buyers there. If you are not and member but you are free to play them make a note of the name and add them to your friends list and PM them in the game. They will most certinally agree and come to your world. Try to find the person buying for the highest price. Or if your are growing bored of fishing or short on money then just fish 500 Lobsters and find someone who is buying small numbers and sell to them!

Good luck on you fishing adventure and I hope you reach your goal! :P

Copyright The Dons Lad, my RS name, 3rd of June 2007!

Please comment on this, and submit any corrections or things I have left out! :thumbsup:

The_Dons_Lad.png

Congrats! I like your guide, but I have a correction. 9/10, though! =D>

If you're ptp and are doing lobsters, then don't waste money! Go into the karamja volcano, into the nearby cave and to that bank. It's free, and faster! Also, there WILL be high level monsters, but these are non-agressive. :thumbsup:

The logic of people here at tip.it is just so great. The whole idea of a glitch is that it's not your fault, but hey, we'll just say it's your fault anyway. :lol:

This is a f2p guide since I have not played P2p for like 2 years I can't remember most of the fishing place but thanks for the 9-10! \' i DID SPEND A GOOD WHILE ON THIS! thnks for the comments! and I'll edit and say its f2p

The_Dons_Lad.png

• 2 weeks later...
If you're ptp and are doing lobsters, then don't waste money! Go into the karamja volcano, into the nearby cave and to that bank. It's free, and faster! Also, there WILL be high level monsters, but these are non-agressive. :thumbsup:

Thats only for P2P

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

• 4 weeks later...
This is the only place that you can fish lobsters and swordfish so it's naturally crowded!

Just so you know, this is not the only f2p Lobby/swordy fishing spot. In level 30ish wild all the way on the eastern side there are fishing spots. Also if you are trying to train fishing off of lobbies/swordies then this is the best place because there are trees right next to the fishing spot.

Womzoomed-1.gif

What has become of the runescape community???? :wall:

There is a community?

I never said it was the best way to make money, it is just a guide to help make money. And it does raise several skills such as combat fishing and cooking. :P

Raises combat if you use the lobsters for training food, but then you don't make money, totally defeating the purpose of this guide.

Cooking you recommended not to do since it also loses money.

When I read the title I was expecting to read about..well, a Non-Merchanting way to make money and raise some skills. Unfortunately not.....

It just seems to be a decent guide on how to raise your fishing level :-k

Lazyboy164 - 126 combat - 16 99's - 2215+ Total

ihavearighthr7.gif

Erm...Sorry to say, but this is really very common knowledge.

I agree with the other peaople that say that this isn't a very fast way to make money, nor do you gain fishing XP that quickly. If you are looking for XP, then just go for fly-fishing. There are many faster ways make money.

Sorry, 4/10.

Spiky%20Steel.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ok let me start out by saying good guide, I would give it a 7/10 =D>

still has a few problems though :(

first of all it stuck out that you said "start fishing lobs at 55"

eh, I agree but I belive that there is a better way :)

trouts and salmon- at lvl 63 ((my current fishing)) I can easily catch AND cook a full load of trout and salmon in under a minitue... last time I ran lobs ((I was still p2p at that point so I was using chatterbye)) my time was around 4 minitues for 28 lobs cought and cooked ((I was only around 59 cooking at the time though))

I know lobs make quite a bit more profit per load, fly fishing is better for EXP ((notice I didnt say money :-w ))

just wanted to get thought out ::'

also I found just a few grammer mistakes:

If you are just starting out in the game and have never played before I recommend the Lumbridge.

wouldn't it be the lumbridge fishing spot?

You can fish with bait in again Draynor, or you can now go to Barbarian village.

I am quite posibly rong but wouldn't it be in draynor?

I guite posibly missed some ((english isnt my stong point as you can see from this post :wall: ))

great guide though :)

• 1 month later...
...I've actually seen this guide before. A friend of mine has it on a .pdf file.

I created this guide solely own my own, if your friend has it on file, then tell him to get rid of it, I have not gave anyone permission to copy this file, so I will ask you to ask him to get rid of it.

The_Dons_Lad.png