Worrying about the future

TotalTalker

im 12 and i want to be an actor and im gwting there

if you like want to be something try and get some expirience in it like my acting i practice at home

but you dont have to be like me take a while to decide what youl do for the rest of your life

sycosis5.png

winterkingre4.png

I keep on worrying what i am going to be when im older. I keep thinking "if i dont know what i want to be NOW, i wont be successful.

It's really not true, though. It's so not true.

Cop out quote, but remember the song Sunscreen: "DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t feel guilty if you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know what you want to do with your lifeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæthe most interesting people I know didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t."

It's never too late to decide. You can putyour mind to anything and succeed, regardless of age, disability or anything.

Whoa Bubsa, when I read the first all I could think of was that song.

Amazing how I haven't heard that song in nine years, yet I still remember the lyrics.

Lagnivator, just keep doing what you enjoy and trying your hardest at what you do. Never pass up opportunities either, good things will happen.

I wouldn't say I'm distinctly worried. I know what I want to do, and have good enough grades to get into an excellent college. [/acting arrogant]

Technically, you can flail around, taking a variety of courses until your junior year in college when you have to declare a major. That won't be for 5 years, so I'd say you aren't in very much trouble. Just focus on doing well in school, and your other credentials.

What subject do you enjoy most in school?

Thanks for all your posts guys, I thought I was going to get lots of spam lol.

If i dont need to worry about the future, what else do you suggest I should do with my time?

Oh, and sorry i forgot your name, but where did you get your quotes from (saying to they guy who posted some wise worsd by a master and a zen)

I wouldn't say I'm distinctly worried. I know what I want to do, and have good enough grades to get into an excellent college. [/acting arrogant]

Technically, you can flail around, taking a variety of courses until your junior year in college when you have to declare a major. That won't be for 5 years, so I'd say you aren't in very much trouble. Just focus on doing well in school, and your other credentials.

I dont really know lol, possibly something like resistant materials.

Thanks for all your posts guys, I thought I was going to get lots of spam lol.

If i dont need to worry about the future, what else do you suggest I should do with my time?

I keep on thinking "ill do this hobby", then when i find something else, i say to myself "if i do this, i cant do that", if you understand what i mean.

For example: I used to say "if i play the guitar, ill get arthrirtis, so i wont be able to play when im older".

IgoddessI, where did you get them quotes from?

I dont really know lol, possibly something like resistant materials.

I keep on worrying what i am going to be when im older. I keep thinking "if i dont know what i want to be NOW, i wont be successful.

It's really not true, though. It's so not true.

Cop out quote, but remember the song Sunscreen: "DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t feel guilty if you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know what you want to do with your lifeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæthe most interesting people I know didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t."

It's never too late to decide. You can putyour mind to anything and succeed, regardless of age, disability or anything.

Whoa Bubsa, when I read the first all I could think of was that song.

Amazing how I haven't heard that song in nine years, yet I still remember the lyrics.

Yeah, it's a real keeper, isn't it? IIRC, it was actually a newspaper article written openly to all college graduates by a middle-aged, female journalist. Baz Luhrmann read it, was so incaptivated by it, that he had to produce a song to it (while plugging a chorus of 'Everybody's Free' into it, which just happened to feature in his upcoming film: Romeo + Juliet :P) and the rest is history, if my memory isn't just a pack of lies.

It took me until today to decide on a career choice that I feel comfortable in. I am looking into the Psychology field.

I was feeling depressed today because I seemed to have no path to follow in life, no direction. I was thinking "How will I ever get a good job that I love, find a wife to marry, and start a family?" and that made me feel extremely depressed because I seemed to have not much of a purpose. Then after I took a nap (only took it because I was depressed) I just got an idea almost instantly.

I love to help people with problems as much as I'm able to. I have experiences with depression and would have good advice to give. I would know how that person FEELS because I've FELT what he/she felt.

I also believe it is a good career to choose and can provide a good income and a good environment for my children to grow up in.

And you never know, maybe I'll meet my future wife while I'm doing this career (We might work in the same career or whatever.)

It sounds logical to me. I first thought I would be a geologist (like 5th grade) and then realized I wouldn't care that much for it (when I grew older). I then thought about becoming a linguist/translator. I am extremely good at learning other languages. As a matter of fact, French is already my 3rd language and I just started foreign languages a couple years ago. I'm still a high school student (about to be a Sophomore). However, I thought the career could become too boring for me and it may be hard to get a job and there may be a lot of moving involved. Definitely not a family-friendly environment.

So at least I have a direction now. I'll research more into this career and prepare myself for it because I'm certain psychology is going to be my major in university. (Already have 2 university choices. My first choice is the same one my best friend wants to go to. :D )

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Just relax. The best advice I've gotten was from a distinguished alumni from my high school who came and gave a speech. He basically told us to just relax. He said that he didn't know what he wanted to do until he was halfway through college and that's when he decided to become an architect. Just focus on what you're good at. If you're exceptional at math, then go into college with your mind set on a career in math. Don't worry about what that career is going to be exactly. For that, you can get help from teachers or guidance counselors who can analyze your strengths and set you in the right direction. For now, though, just worry about getting good grades and trying to find what you're good at.