Flamin's Short Guide to W2 MERCHANTING

Numer0_un0

Small Guide to W2 Merchanting

In this guide I will explain a few of the various ways to make money in W2.

There is something I call the Greed Factor. It limits merchanters severelyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ but if you are smart enough, you can get ahead. The Greed Factor is the seeming inability to get more sales for less profits. I do this, and this is what my guide explains to do. It is simply having a faster, quicker business... Make less money, Make Money more often. You're giving the people better deals so they'll want to come trade you.

Reqs: at least 170K in cash, preferably 1.53 or higher though for whip :P.

Things you should do:

ALWAYS have your public chat on hide. Elsewise, any trade messages will be lost to the crowdsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

ALWAYS use a colored text, such asÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ redÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ To use colored text, simply type in a color, such as red, like this in the chat box: red: after you type red: in, simply enter the words you would like to type.

ALWAYS type in your name after your message, or people will never know who is buying those rune boots for 170K, lol.

ALWAYS know the mood of the market. Know if there is a high supply and low demand, or vice verca. If there is high demand sell high, >>but not too high<< and if there is a low demand buy low >>but now too low<<. Try not to get stuck with x item when the demand is low.

ALWAYS Stay Firm in your prices. You don't want to give in and lose money. If the price drops suddenly after you buy it, resell for the same price and don't lose any money.

One last ALWAYS: check the second trade screen every darned time :anxious: even if you saw them put up 1.9mil for your whip. Some narbs will use some kind of software to remove it without triggering the >other person has accepted the trade< thing. grr. I lost my whip two days ago from that. :evil:

Now that we have that down, letÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s proceed to the real marketing, shall we??

Here are the good buying and selling pricesÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ but remember, donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t always go with a guide just because it is a guide. Fluctuate with the market and you will be more successful :).

AbyssalWhipPic.PNG

Abyssal Whip

Buying Price:1.5-1.51 usually. Remember to use colored font to attract trades.

Selling Price: 1.52-1.53 most of the time.

You may be thinking, pfff, 10-20k profit? Who is this kid writing this guide? Trust meÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ the trades will come if you have a good advertising spot and are using colored fonts ::' it stacks up eventually.

Rune Boots

I havenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t really merchanted these much yet, so if you want to point something helpful out, I can edit my guide and improve :wink:

Buying Price: I would say about 170-180K

Selling Price: 180-190K

DragonAxePic.PNG

Dragon Axe

Again, havenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t had too much experience, so if you want to point something out, be my guest :)

Buying Price: Most commonly, and for the most profit, 2.4-2.45Million.

Selling Price: I sell mine from like 2.47 if there is competition, to 2.5Million Gp.

Dharocks Armor

Buying Price: around 3.02-3.06Mil. pay the 20-60k over 3m to get ahead of others buying at 3m and 3.05m

Selling Price: 3.05-3.1M

Dark Bow

Please note that as this is still a relatively new item, prices may change quickly.

Buying Price: I generally give 3.8-3.85 for this item.

Selling Price: I generally sell this item for about 3.84-3.87

Guthans Armor

Buying Price: There isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t really a steady buying price for this. You just have to be a skilled merchanter and fluctuate with the market accordingly ;) IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve picked up full sets for 7.75Mil before. If you keep them long enough the price goes back up to about 8m. Huge profits!

Selling Price: again, not really much of a steady selling price eitherÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ but if you want to maximize your profits when you pick up a set for cheap, like 7.8M, just wait for the market to get to about 8m again, because thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the highest youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re going to get :P. Unless you're really lucky, of course.

I Hope that you have enjoyed my short guide to W2 Merchanting and that it has helped you :)

newsigac5.png

like your guide, might try it sometime ::'

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

nice guide, another thing you should do is have caps on in world 2, makes it stand out and letter at beginning or each word is in caps making it easier to see.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.