Can a mod please lock this thread for me? TY

slickmovedud

While as i've been playing rs for so long....(3 years), i've alwasy liked it unitl i picked up the game Need for Speed Carbon. Now after playing this game for a while, and then coming to play rs on the PC i notice that rs is super boring.

For example int aht game you need to know when to hit the nitros, e.t.c.. But in rs you just click here, and then there and as you wait/watch for your player to do something you do nothing. Does that require skill????? I think not. Now if you play tutorial island again, in the mining section, it says "sit back while your character does all the hard work". So does this game relaly require skill????? It may require a lot of knowledge but no skill(my friend differs(argues) this point saying in the wildy it does a microgram of skill).

P.S. This is for F2P people p2p people actualy need some skill.

Before you start to rant about it remeber this is my opinion on it, it does not represent anybody but me!

The basic skills themselves would not take skill.

A good pker needs to have skill, know when to change weapon, when to cast spells etc.

Obviously not alot of skill.. :lol:

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

The game requires more skill than you give it credit for

puzzles don't solve themselves

Quests don't tell you the next step automagically

Defeating boss NPCS many lvls higher than you is not as simple as sitting back and watching

Making money via skills and merchanting requires alot of logic and maths

Even deciding how to train to best suit you requires your thought and input

All in all everything requires skill. Sure its not the skills of co-ordination or timing or visual perception used by console games

By logic, arithmatic and problem sovling are all mental skills applied to the game

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Physically no videogame/computer game takes skill (its button mashing, key hitting, time clicking, etc.)...but as far as mental skill, rs does require a bit. Such as finding the most efficient ways to level up, determining weaknesses of different monsters or pkers, being thrifty at buying low and selling high, developing a sixth sense when it comes to guessing the next respawn times of various ores (my personal favorite :P), and many other things that require lots of strategy and diligence.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Physically no videogame/computer game takes skill (its button mashing, key hitting, time clicking, etc.)...but as far as mental skill, rs does require a bit. Such as finding the most efficient ways to level up, determining weaknesses of different monsters or pkers, being thrifty at buying low and selling high, developing a sixth sense when it comes to guessing the next respawn times of various ores (my personal favorite :P), and many other things that require lots of strategy and diligence.

lets rephrase this a bit. Have you ever played a shooting game? Well if you ahd you know there is a time to shoot, where to shoot, and what to shoot. Does runescape really have situations like that, so you need to know where, when, and what?

thats your opinion i guess. i favor this game over gears of war. and even though i play gears a lot, i still come back to this game

Ralvn.png

lets rephrase this a bit. Have you ever played a shooting game? Well if you ahd you know there is a time to shoot, where to shoot, and what to shoot. Does runescape really have situations like that, so you need to know where, when, and what?

Rs is meant to be a strategy-based game. Most RPGs are basically about stat and number crunching plus getting armor and lots of loot. Its just a different style of gameplay. As far as the "where, when, and what," what would you call quests then? Quests involve places to go (where), certain times in the quest you have to perform an action (when), and involve obtaining or meeting something (what). The only difference between the shooter game and Rs, is that it doesn't happen in live action but over a course of time. There are other scenerios in Rs where this also applies besides quests.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Do you really think its fair to compare a racing video game to RuneScape. The definition of skill is definitely different for RS than other video games. In RS I'd say skill involves having a lot of time and dedication for the game, and in terms of merchants, being able to buy certain items at a low price, then selling for higher.

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

There is different kinds of skill

Practical - timing, hand eye co-ordination,

Academic - logic, math, probleming solving, strategy

Creative - visual interpretation, response, colour

Video games require practical skill. RPGs require Academic skill

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There is different kinds of skill

Practical - timing, hand eye co-ordination,

Academic - logic, math, probleming solving, strategy

Creative - visual interpretation, response, colour

Video games require practical skill. RPGs require Academic skill

well don't you think RS should require just a bit of practical skill???????

Do you really think its fair to compare a racing video game to RuneScape. The definition of skill is definitely different for RS than other video games. In RS I'd say skill involves having a lot of time and dedication for the game, and in terms of merchants, being able to buy certain items at a low price, then selling for higher.

+1

Buddysig.png

3,200 to 99 Fishing

Achieved August 25, 2007