Guide: King Black Dragon Killing

MPM

I've been killing the KBD for awhile with my clan, Eternal Darkness, so in my infinite wisdom (that's sarcasm there if you didn't pick that up :P ) here are my suggestions/corrections to the guide:

-Your overview section is basically just a Drop/Rewards section. I suggest making a Rewards suggestion and also including Dragonstone, Left Half Shield, Draconic visage, ect.

-I know other people have already told you to correct the part about the Dragonfire shield, but I don't think any of them mentioned that the link for the Dragonfire shield actually goes to the Antidragon-breath shield in the Items Database. You probably want to fix that too to avoid confusion.

-In the melee section, I think you should also suggest using Rune Boots, a Cape of Achievement, Barrows gloves (mentioned in soloing but not there), and Helm of Neitzinot (already suggested, but I thought I'd second that :P )

-In the beginning you SUGGEST using melee, yet you spend twice as long going over the range equipment than you do melee. I find this a little... redundant and I think you should go over melee a little bit more. Maybe go over the benefits and faults of the different armour choices you could use, talk more about what potions to bring, what prayer to use, ect. Also, remind them not to use 2 hand weapons, even just for the special (I know from experience that using the Anchor special is a bad idea... :P )

-For range, especially with the new crossbow upgrade, crossbows are the best choice and I think you should update that section a little since it seems like it was written before the update or before you had time to try out using the upgraded crossbow. Specifically, a few of the people I kill the KBD with use regular bolts (without enchanted tips) and they hit fine.

-The route you show to get to the KBD would run you into PKers unnecessarily, it's better to go farther west, along the mountians. You could also use the Wilderness Teleportation portals. There's one right near the KBD and it can be a very fast way to get there.

-Finally, I think you should mention that if you're in a group of say 8 or more, your tactics could be very different. When we go we never use overhead prayers because with so many people going we don't get hit much. We could go 30 minutes to an hour on just one load and still have a little left over. In fact, most of the time we're tight on inventory space for drops.

Anyways, the KBD can be a very fun (and also rewarding) experience, and I'm glad Tip It finally posted a guide to help others find that out as well. :D

iunderbanner.gif

0cd4b8f751.png

Suggestion

When i go KBD soloing I too use prayer to survive, in order to maintain my prayer i go to the altar just west of the kbd lair after each kill. In addition you should always bring a ppot, just to be sure.

shacksig3.png

Qual_Kehk.png

lakster, your post scared me :D

Few things:

-I know other people have already told you to correct the part about the Dragonfire shield, but I don't think any of them mentioned that the link for the Dragonfire shield actually goes to the Antidragon-breath shield in the Items Database. You probably want to fix that too to avoid confusion.

You're right... i got given a wrong link :D

ill edit it

In the beginning you SUGGEST using melee, yet you spend twice as long going over the range equipment than you do melee. I find this a little... redundant and I think you should go over melee a little bit more.

Yes, there is plenty of choises for range.

In melee, you just take your weapon and go hurt the enemy with whatever weapon, and they act alike.

Although, in range, theres plenty of options, and they all act slightly different.

Yes, that explanation wasn't too good, but sometimes i "lag" in my english, so ill try better next time :P

The point of this guide is to show the BASICS of how to hunt for him, though, of course there is many different variations.

When i go KBD soloing I too use prayer to survive, in order to maintain my prayer i go to the altar just west of the kbd lair after each kill. In addition you should always bring a ppot, just to be sure.

I thought i added that already while doing the guide?

I must have missed it by accident, thanks for reminding :D

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

on ranging the kbd:

do note that the crystal bow keeps over any item,(idk about the dragonfire shield)

ava's attractor is very handy when using any projectile, it even gives a range bonus(it's better than everything but a firecape)

if you reccomend using ruby tipped bolts, they need normal addy or diamond tipped bolts to switch to, as blood bargain loses effectiveness when the kbd is really low on hp.

someone should also be using a few emerald tipped mithril bolts if nobody is using a dds