Tears of Guthix - What happens when 2+ skills are at 0 xp?

Jard_Y_Dooku

Here's the answer:

untitledas7.gif

Here's the explanation:

I will use my knowledge of programming to give the reason why this is...

(Examples are in C#... it's similar to Java and I haven't done Java in so long I've forgotten the syntax... :))

Jagex uses an array to store the skills, like this:

private string[] skills = { "Attack", ... , "Runecrafting", "Slayer", "Farming", "Construction", "Hunter" };

They also have a method that determines which skill is your lowest, for example:

private void isLowest(string thisSkill)

{

if (thisSkill.exp < Attack.exp && thisSkill.exp < Defence.exp && ...)

{

return true;

}

}

When you finish Tears of Guthix it'll do this:

private void raiseSkill()

{

for (int i = 0; i < skills.length; i++)

{

if (isLowest(skills[i]) == true)

{

return skills[i];

}

}

}

What that will do is loop through each element in the array until it finds one that is lowest.

In simple terms... if you have multiple skills that are the exact same XP, the one that appears first in the game code (e.g. the order they were released into the game), will get the XP.

So if you're a pure, DON'T do tears of Guthix unless you get like 4 defence XP first - it's likely high up on the list so it would be chosen first.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

MMMk, and your point is? Pures won't drink TOG anyways. It may be avoided first time by getting combat skills to have a few exp, but what about the second, third times, etc?

And the pathetic amount of exp you get when you TOG a lvl 1 skill isn't worth risking to put exp in combat skills for pures.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

uhhh, ok? did we really need to know that? put it in the useless facts about runescape thread.

I do not find this useless. This helps many pures and gives me an answer to something I've always wondered.

barrowsmvoidk,Blue%20Leader9.gif

I'm wearing Rune Axe.

Wearing? Did you selotape the axe on your chest? :lol:

uhhh, ok? did we really need to know that? put it in the useless facts about runescape thread.

you saved my figures from typing I love you. <3:

Jard has obviously gone through a lot of trouble to inform people about this, I've always wondered this myself.

Where are your manners sweethearts?

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

Yes! finally!

Now I need one more question answered. Is it really the order they were released into the game, or the way they are ordered on your list of skills?

So next week you gotta make a prediction based on your idea. then go to TOG again and see which is the new lowest skill to level.

Ill be waiting for the results.

Are his smithing, mining , and ranged levels also from TOG? If so, what order did he get them in? And, can you get herblore esp from TOG if you haven't done druidic ritual? Or construction experience without buying a house?

I got all my skills to level 3 on Tutorial Island, so no to your first question.

I know for a fact you do not get construction XP if you've not bought a house, even if it's your lowest skill. I'd assume the same for herblore.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.