Planned Pk Run In

go_falcons92

Wars don't have returning+have more specific boundaries.

Planned Run-ins have less boundaries+returning.

member.png

Former Leader of The Corruption

Proud Founder of The Corruption

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a

small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker

country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in

strength."

So basically its the same thing but without rules.

No it's not, Run Ins may tend to last hours, while wars may not be long. Until another clan stops returning the run in keeps dragging on.

ddcopybi5.png

^Clickity to go to our forums

to go a little more into depth for anyone else who might be wondering:

Wars: Wars have traditionally been battles fought between 2 (or more) clans that tend to have a significant amount of preparation put into them. In the days gone by (well, years I should say) Wars used to be very rare, and usually had a preparation time of around 3 weeks, sometimes even a month or more. As the clan world has grown more active in the past 2 years or so, a number of clans started to begin doing wars on 2 weeks preparation as a standard time. Eventually this got shortened down to a week preparation (mostly started by Corruption actually, as a way of trying to even out the playing field with larger, less active clans, back about 2 years ago).

Nowadays, a "War" is anything that is over 5 days prep time, with anything less than that being dubbed a "Mini War", however that is not standard by any means. Just depends on the terminology that the Leaders of the clans fighting decide to agree upon.

Rules in Wars generally consist of:

-Specific boundaries, for example the first tree East extending to the first tree to the West of the Members gate is very common for wars now. Wars also took place East of the Greater Demon Hut, with anything West of the hut being out of bounds.

-No returning. This is the big rule that defines a war from a pk run in. You die once, and that is all in a war.

-Occasionally other rules are imposed (such as no rangers, mages, etc)

-Specific members are limited (ie, no Future Applicants, etc)

Pk Run-Ins on the other hand are pretty much similar, just with returning. They began to grow in popularity as a number of clans started to become capable of returning for a long period of time, something that originally only the very pinnacle of clans could do. When a Pk Run In is planned, basically the two clans have acknowledged that they are going to fight each other, but do not wish to simply have one short battle and be done, as they would rather fight for hours upon hours, testing the determination and monetary supply of their foes.

Rules for planned run ins can vary:

-Boundaries are usually very large, stretching from nearly one end of the wilderness to the other. The only places that are not usually allowed are single combat areas (moss giants, rune rocks) and the new castle to the east.

-All types of combat style are allowed, as a lack of mages and rangers will make the fight drag on even longer then necessary.

-Clans that have Future Applicants are almost always allowed to these fights.

Wow, didn't even notice I wrote so much. Hopefully that explains things well enough for you/anyone else who is interested.

member.png

strength."

wow that was really helpful.

Thanks, I got a bit carried away with explaining things, but oh well I guess it worked out for the best.

The terminology and minor differences are kind of annoying, so hopefully this will help some people out if they were wondering, as well as dropping some history in there as well.

member.png

strength."

To some people, PKRIs count more than wars now. I disagree.

I believe a capped time limit run in is worth more then both if one clan dominates the whole fight.

That's if.

Capped time limit run ins really don't prove much though, if you're looking to prove anything in that sense, you might as well do it through a war. Capped time limits don't really test returning that much, well depending on how long it is.

member.png

strength."

• 3 weeks later...
To some people, PKRIs count more than wars now. I disagree.

It's been over a year since i've even been in a clan now, but a war mainly just shows how many inactive clan members you can pull for a war when they're needed, a pk run in actually shows the amount of people who will pk with you regularly. I guess each kind just proves a different kind of clan strength. :P

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

This topic brings up an Interesting Issue:

and that is the Surplus of Free Rune that attracts people to these Wars and Run Ins. some of these Clans like you have Said Cool Guy stay out their and Fight Eachother for hours and hours returning over and over again. during that time I have been told that some Clans (DF) can use upwards of 40 sets of full Rune per person. thats upwards of 40 sets of Full Rune per person Droped and not picked up by Either side during the Conflict.

I would Like to Know how many people come when they find out that their is a Returning War going on for the Rune. It wouldent supprise me if hundreds of People show up at the Hight of such a Battle.

the Question however is what do the Combating Clans think of all these "Looters" as they some times refer to them, and how can they be Villionized for simply Picking up items that will be left to Dissipear from the world once such and such time has Elapsed anyway's.

I for one can say that if I Encounterd a Run In sort of battle I would tell my Close Associets (members of my Order) and come back over and over again with nothing on and little food just to pick up 3 or 4 Rune Items before they Either Killed me or I could run and return later.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci