ranging/meleeing greater demons

pwniez

~this is my first guide, go easy on me~

~!~IF YOU READ THIS, YOU MUST POST~!~ :twisted:

Pwniez' guide to ranging/meleeing greater demons

If you look up greater demons on the beastiary on tip.it, you'll find that they are found in only 5 places. We are assuming you want to get loot, and get arrows back if ranging.

Here are the 5 places:

Underground lava maze

Demon ruins in the wilderness (level 45 wilderness!!)

Entrana dungeon

Ogre Enclave

Brimhaven dungeon

And here is why every single one is bad :XD:

Underground lava maze- must run through monsters, entrance in wilderness, pretty sure cave is also a wildy area.

Demon ruins- lvl 45 wildy-- need I say more?

Entrana- unless you have a high crafting material, and good enough food for raw materials to take up so much space, no-go. only exit leads to lvl 32 wildy.

Ogre enclave- the greater demons are in a cage. good for halliers with telegrab, bad for everyone else.

Brimhaven dungeon- wild dogs will attack if ranging. very annoying, as meleers sometimes steal kills. no problem for anyone over level 126 though. :wink:

The best one- brimhaven dungeon, the one I will discuss in this guide.

So, without further adu, the table of contents!

1Brimhaven dungeon- supplies and how to get there

2Food and banking.

3xp and drops

4 meleeing at brimhaven dungeon

5reccomened levels for everything.

Now, lets begin!

Brimhaven- Supplies and how to get there.

First off, supplies. If you are ranging, it would be good to have 50 or so ranging, but of course you can go as high as you want.

this is what I usually wear on a normal trip there:

greateruniformcopy.jpg

Things to bring:

MUST: axe, 5k, ranging armour and bows, about 2k arrows (iron and up) (i reccomend iron as it is easy to make. also: mage shortbows are probably the best.)

NICE to have: spottier cape, lobster pot, ardy tele, ring of charos (a)

Food and banking

Now, you should bring your own lobbies, swordies or sharkies.

Take the boat from ardy to brimhaven, or use glory ammy teleport.

If you dont have any decent food, dont panick. go to brimhaven, go into the large resturaunt, trade alfonse the waitor to buy some food.

Head south and a touch west to find the red exclamation point (it should be in jungle). pay saniboch 875 gp and enter.

here is a map (courtesy of tip.it :wink: ) that should lead you through the dungeon.

maptogreaterscopy.jpg

now there are multiple safespots for rangers, so I'll only go over a few.

NOTE: the mushroom/fungus does NOT offer protection!

safespot 1&2: run south, then east. you will find 1 last greater guarded by 1 wild dog. the wild dog hardly comes near this safe spot, and in 10 minutes will be un aggressive (along with demons!)

here they are:

stuffcopy.jpg

stuff2copy.jpg

Safe spot 3

safespot3copy.jpg

There are a few more, look and find for yourself.

xp and drops

combat: 92

hitpoints: 87

totall xp: 462

loot!

droplistcopy.jpg

you want to pick up the coins so you have money to ride cart to bank in shilo village, to buy food from store, or go back to dungeon.

Meleeing (includes hallying)

Now, if its straight-out melee, then you could wear initiate or prosy-whachyamacallit (someone give name? :XD: ) and pray melee, teleport to city with chapel, recharge pray, glory tele to karamja, back to dungeon.

You could always wear full dragon with a whip if you have a high combat level (this is quite popular). Hallying you can use the same safe spots as range, but there is a bit of an added risk. (hally cannot reach too far).

remember: good food at all times. take the cart ride back to shilo village for food. (or buy/fish it)

Oh and if you fish it: you can cook it without a tinderbox. Head to the dungeon. Dont go in, go a lil' north. When you see a load of tribemen, stop. there should be ever-burning fire there (not sure will check)

requirements

I reccomend the following:

hallying:

80 attack

80 strength

70 defense

melee:

90 attack

90 strength

75-80 defense

Good armour!

Range:

at least 50 range.

it seems a bit low, but it really is all you need. i can kill quite quickly at lvl 54 range. just make sure its a mage short bow.

All these are to kill effectively. You can manage with lower stats but it may take a while.

Coming soon:

maging greater demons!

I hope this guide helped. I will be getting more safespots up and such. This is my first guide-- I need help! tell me if theres anything that could improve it, or if theres a mistake!

Hope you get a shield left half :P

Also: if you read this, just hit reply.

kill_man222.png

hehheh5copy.jpg

Atleast gicce credit for the maps u edited, otherwise its stealing.

Anyways ok guide, the axe can be picked up from the pub, then dropped to save space. Entrena is actully the best if u can craft ur d hide, though on populated worlds u can find a seller.

Anways, oversall good, but it is somewhat crowded

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Atleast gicce credit for the maps u edited, otherwise its stealing.

Anyways ok guide, the axe can be picked up from the pub, then dropped to save space. Entrena is actully the best if u can craft ur d hide, though on populated worlds u can find a seller.

Anways, oversall good, but it is somewhat crowded

1. If you bothered to read right above the pictures, I give credit to every single one that comes from tip.it.

2. first off, thanks, but if youre going to go back out to bank, or buy more food at the resturaunt, how are you going to chop the vines to get out? And entrana takes up more inventory space as you need to make/ trade for your stuff, and it might take a while to find a seller selling exactly what you're looking for. Also, the only exit to the entrana dungeon puts you in level 32 wilderness -.-

3. thank you. It will be crowded by meleers in full dragon, but if youre quick enough you will be able to get one. Besides, more meleers means you can use safe spot 3.

Thanks for posting, too.

kill_man222.png

hehheh5copy.jpg