Best defensive gear for level 60 defence?

taicheng

Looking for best defence gear for levle 60 defence...

So far...thinking of:

Dragon Helm

Obby Cape (Not going for fire cape)

Fury Ammy

Dragon Chain

Obby Shield (Don't want to do quests for D Square)

Dragon Platelegs

Rune boots

What should go in Glove and Jewelry slot???

For gloves, definitely Barrows Gloves, if you have access to them from Recipe For Disaster.

If not, Klank's Gauntlets from Underground Pass are pretty good.

If not, the gauntlets from Family Crest quest are pretty good.

Basically, you'll have to do quests or parts of a quest of you want decent gloves.

As for the ring, what about a ring of wealth for a higher rate of good drops? Or maybe a Warrior ring?

Dr Locust <-- Click for my blog...

Dr_Locust.png

+2000 Total, PhD in Questing, Woodcutting, Agility, Thieving, and Firemaking

67njlaf.jpg

Kk thanks on gloves part...umm, I want best defence bonus or decent jewelry for training...what should I waer? Combat bracelet? Beserker ring? Warrior ring?

combat bracelet is an alternative for gloves. The stats are about equal to addy gloves. Addy gloves are better than klanks or family crest gauntlets. if its defense you want, you could try black [bleep]ed vambraces, altough I'm not 100% does are better.

For the ring many players prefer a berzerker for the added strength bonus.

phata_elise.png

Dragon or Barrows gloves are simply much better than a combat bracelet, and seeing you want att and defence bonuses, a warrior ring would be the best.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Sure, dragon med helm wins for pure defence. But a helm of Neitiznot is sooo much more useful. It's got practically identical defensive stats, in fact, better in some places... plus a strength and prayer bonus!

And it looks cooler. :P

Comparison: Dragon med vs. Neitiznot

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

Sure, dragon med helm wins for pure defence. But a helm of Neitiznot is sooo much more useful. It's got practically identical defensive stats, in fact, better in some places... plus a strength and prayer bonus!

And it looks cooler. :P

Comparison: Dragon med vs. Neitiznot

I think he means a dragon full helm, not a med

phata_elise.png

Lol, very helpful tips guys thanks very much...time to do some more research on new subjects :P And yes...granite plate is better in most places...except it has a 50 strength requirement to wear remember? Anyhow, the Dragon Chain matches the entire set ^.^ And is it possible to get Dragon Gloves/Barrow Gloves without prayer? If so...then I'll consider doing the quests for it.

Argh...and legends quest requires 42 prayer...and a whole bunch of higher level skills...so I won't bother trying to get a dragon sq. shield. As for the helm comparison, dragon med helm is still better since it give more bonuses in stab and slash which are more commonly used. And when I get dragon full helm, it will easily outgrade the helm of N.

Also, in order to get dragon/barrow gloves...you need to get prayer...which is not an option for me. Therefore... I can only do 8/10 quests which would only get me rune gloves...which in my opinion, would be a waste of time. So my alternative would be third age range vambraces against pures, or combat bracelet against defence.