Teenagers

HomeworkClub

BTTF I know what you mean. I know a few people whoes whole vocabulary (or lack thereof) consits of petty insult and the word "umm" and "like" and "totaly". Everytime i they try to insult me bacuase im doing something different than them( like reading which is a forgein concept to them) I will snap of some comeback which i will spend the next five mins explaining the meaning of a certain big word, like ignorant or thich headed ect... Its almost sad how cool people think being stupid is nowadays.*shakes head at the fall of mankind* :?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know our generation of people (as in people under 30) will be able to accept technology as it has been growing at such a rapid rate it became a part of our lives (seeing the next gadget) but for people over 40 it starts to become a bit of a problem as all the technology they lived with was a TV, a fridge and a washing machine (if they were lucky) with very little difference. If we were given a quantum transporters or a time machine and asked to use it we would be pretty stumped as well but in reality thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s about a similar jump in technology as they experience to what we will experience in the future. You canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t deny that fact that many of them will not bother to learn how to use them purely for that fact that they have already gotten along with life pretty good.

I dont think too many 15 year olds live on their own using exclusively their money, have children, understand what a relationship is about (more then trying to tap that [wagon]) and come under pressure when it actually means something (taking 10 more seconds to do a hamburger is not going to kill a customer; trying to fix a damaged database while keeping your bosses happy about losing millions of dollars in e-commerce is quite another). Not to say all teens are narrow minded but very little of them (ones still living with their parents) of experience what is means to be able to maintain yourself.

The Teens I look as mature are the ones that managed to turn their lives around after bring kicked out of their home at 13 by their drug addicted, abusive parents; finding out how to live and eventually get enough money to rent an apartment and hold a job.

I've pretty much agree with people that maturity does not equal age as many young adults just go out party all day on their parents tab for pretty much their whole life.

It doe not matter what the topic matter of discussion is; a 30 year old who talks about things a 10 year wants (like say Barbie collecting or clothes etc) is alright but acting like one is not (i.e. having a fit because the a shop attendant gave you the donut with sprinkles on it instead of the one with 100's and 1000's). Just because farmers talk about crops and methods to yield better crops instead of discussing whether or not god exists or what the universe is doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t mean they are immature; sometimes itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s more practical to keep philosophy to a minimum.

**Before anybody starts to flame me, remember that the forums are only a small part of my life, so don't go flaming me with "!!!omg u r so liek ronng 4nd 4r0wgint on t3h borzdoirz!"

I try to stay realistic and think at a higher order than my peers, despite the fact that I am 13. I have a part-time job, set goals, etc. and don't think that the world revolves around MTV, clothers, friends, and that a year is a "long time." However, this often sets me apart from my peers and makes me feel like a loser, so I occasionally, depending on the situation, loosen up and act like what somebody my age would (but not to such an extent as to be a rambling idiot, like some people, or a snobby pseudo-prep).

However, I've noticed that other people my age are very...stupid, and it makes me wonder where our society is going. For instance, today I was especially bored in Language Arts class, and I counted the amount of times a particular girl, whom I would file under "pseudo-prep-poseur", said the word "like," which is overused and utilized as a pause in speech. Statistics: 26 times in 50 seconds, and about once between every two words. I could have said the same thing in 15 seconds more concisely, and provided more information, but she had to say "like" and laugh needlessly about a not-funny topic.

Or, these 12-year-olds that sit in the front of the bus: they are enormously popular with people like the aforementioned person, but are total idiots. They echo songs from cartoons, make monkey sounds, and berate others highly illogically, to the point of almost being autistic. And another girl they associate with is also a "pseudo-prep-poseur", and she does a combination scowl/sneer thing whenever she sees someone "off her social level" and says "Whatever, loser."

These people are supposed to be the future leaders of the world, and yet they are acting like monkeybrained idiots. Don't get me wrong, I'm not stuck up, but these people are just stupid to the point of intense aggravation, and it makes my blood boil that they slip by with mediocre grades and not getting busted because the crusty old teachers are just too sympathetic, or have no idea what's going on. So yeah, I kind of agree, but remember, not all of us are total idiots.[/i]

hey man - the people your talking about are kids! so are you!

dont try and be an adult before you have to be. have fun. im 14 and i dont really care what people see me as. i have my own oppinions, i dont like to be a trend-follower, i dont like being the same as everyone else.

but i have 3 years tops and after that im going to have so much of my time taken up by work/school. have fun while your a kid and have free time, and before your body gets so screwed you cant move.

i dont know if many other people share my views but i think at my age i shouldnt be trying to be super smart, and mature. its fun just being able to laugh at the most stupid things.

angsty teens are fun to provoke but not fun to be around...regular currently non-depressed punks, goths, emos, ghettos, whoever are fun to be around with.

How does a profession differ from an occupation?

I cant stand people who act sad, vulnerable, angsty just to get attention. If some one is actually feeling down then i am always more than happy to talk to them and what not but people who act a certain way to be cool or noticed is one thing I hate. The reason I am so adamant(ya thats a real word) in my veiws on this is becuase i have seen people completly change just to fit in. They give up their beliefs, their old freinds ect. to stay with the "in" crowd and it sickens me. :x

I cant stand people who act sad, vulnerable, angsty jsut to get attention. If some one is actually feeling down then i am always more than happy to talk to them and what not but people who act a certain way to be cool or noticed is one thing I hate. The reason I am so adamant(ya thats a real word) in my veiws on this is becuase i have seen people completly change just to fit in. They give up their beliefs, their old freinds ect. to stay with the "in" crowd and it sickens me. :x

i cant believe emo is actually a fasion now. why would anyone want to become an emo kid.

I cant stand people who act sad, vulnerable, angsty jsut to get attention. If some one is actually feeling down then i am always more than happy to talk to them and what not but people who act a certain way to be cool or noticed is one thing I hate. The reason I am so adamant(ya thats a real word) in my veiws on this is becuase i have seen people completly change just to fit in. They give up their beliefs, their old freinds ect. to stay with the "in" crowd and it sickens me. :x

I don't necessarily think giving up on friends and moving into the "in crowd" is sickening. I do it a lot but it's because I feel like I "outgrew" my friends or we just drifted too far apart or our interests just differ too greatly...and I hate to say this but sometimes your friends embarass you or aren't exactly "cool" if you want to use that word, so you choose not to hang out with them anymore. 8) WORDS OF WISDOM FROM JENN :lol:

Ditching isn't always for personal gain. I've ditched people and been ditched but I offer the other people a chance to come. I ask them if they want to come but if they don't know the people I'm hanging out with personally, they'll just go somewhere else. I'm not really gaining anything there. However we all agree it's more fun to ditch our friends for the in crowd more often.

I have a feeling this argument is going nowhere. :roll:

I will try to narrow this down a bit. I am talking about when someone is TRYING to be malicious and completly transplants themselves to another group and then acts agressive/mean towards there old freinds.

ok?

god i hate posers. at my school the 'cool' thing to do is skate. now theres all these stupid skaters who always carry their expensive board and cant even kickflip. i know it sounds funny saying that because i cant even ollie but i dont pretend to be able to skate. i think if you get good at something different from the rest you should get respect. followers annoy me. im the only rider in my year and im proud of it. i cop some [cabbage] from stupid people but i dont let it bother me.

If your good at something and are genually(really bad spelling!) interested in something then you have my respect but if your doing something because its the new fad then you should be beaten over the head with your expensive skateboard :twisted: MWHAHAHA...

ok im back to normal now :oops:

i must say that this generation of teenagers is just horrible. i still remember the gap between elementary school and middle school. in elementary school, anyone who said "shut up" was scolded. but then when i got to ms i was surprised at all the cussing and... hate... the sad part is that some of my not-so-close friends started cussing as well and they made a new group of friends that are just plain [developmentally delayed]s that cuss and talk about girls the whole day.

i know for one that i'm always pretty bad. my sister, being 4 years older than me, "teaches" me what they do in her grade and now i have the same attitude as her. i think the main reason y teens are so arrogant is because of the society, they're trying to fit in with the "cooler" group and therefore resorting to hypocrisy to do it. for a fact i know that you don't have to cuss or any of that crap. i maintain all A's and good conduct and yet i'm popular. i don't see y teens think that just cuz they're "bad" it makes them anymore cooler.

we dont get that at my school. if you get good grades your no less cool. that would just be stupid.

Yeah, at our school some of the smarter people are popular cause they're funny or just act and dress casually unlike movie stereotype geeks.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away

The king is gone, but he's not forgotten

- Neil Young

The idiots i know think its cool not to even show up for school. Then when someone confronts them about it they will say something along the lines of,"Ya well so, Einstien(or insert random genious here) dropped out" Which my response is that they obviously arnt Einstien.

emo is taken from emotional. its really hard for me to explain. perfectly happy kids are seeing it as cool and trying to act the same way. hell just take a look out side. go to a skatepark or something and every 3rd person will be emo

they also wear tight pants a lot. :lol: