Quick F2P Woodcutting/FM tip (A few pics may annoy 56k.)

dutycalls5609

Hey! So, I assume since you clicked the on my topic, you would like to know my tip for F2P woodcutters who are training firemaking at the same time. Okay, then I'll give it to you.

What You'll Need

You'll be chopping and burning Willow logs for this, which is how most f2pers do WC/FM anyway. So, for this you'll need:

Skills

30+ woodcutting (41+ and Rune Axe suggested)

30+ firemaking

Items

Your axe

Tinderbox

Special instructions

Keep your axe in your inventory. It sounds inefficient but makes sense later.

Turn your sound effects and area sounds on. This way you can browse forums or watch TV while chopping. I find useful to put my mouse over the next tree I'll be chopping so I just click when I hear chopping stop but invent is not filled. That way I don't have to look away from my TV lol.

How to Do It

Okay, so you have all the above requirements and instructions?

Here's where you need to go (circled, with suggested routes marked).

70735433guide_location.PNG

Once you're there, you need to chop Willows. I personally prefer to use two-tree sets near where my line finishes. Here are two pairs:

20771203guide1.PNG

Now once you have a full load, you'll want to of course burn them. Now, I had trouble finding a line, but I found a line that will allow 26 fires. Now, this is why you aren't wielding your axe:

1) So you have 26 logs, an axe, and a tinderbox when full.

2) So you see more easily if your axe-head broke off or something else bad happened.

Okay, so here's the line I found:

59051383guide2.png

As always, your character will walk west after each fire. After 25 fires, your westerly side will be against a fence. Never fear, as a loyal firemaker knows that if there is a western obstacle which obstructs movement, your character moves east after lighting a fire.

59203291guide3.PNG

So if you used my suggested two-tree pairs, you're now a click away from chopping again! Rinse and repeat.

Thanks To

RuneUploads, from the creators of RSHumor, for hosting the pics.

I hope my tip was useful!

--duty

63cu0k4.png

52788436whatsonthetube.PNG

If you believe you came from monkeys, you probably did.

Always light a fire to kill the macro noobs

Lol, I love it.

Nice guide, but it looks like it's a bit crowded in one of your pics.

Have you tried the section south of Rimmington? I usually don't see anybody there. Good job anyways.

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

It's heavily macroed(sp?), but the macros are never enough to take down all three trees I marked. I personally like it, cause I'm a wannabe mod and it's tons of report fodder. :lol: I usually report one each time I finish burning the line.

No-one seems to burn there (except after this maybe), so nobody will screw up your line with their fires.

Thanks for the comment.

63cu0k4.png

52788436whatsonthetube.PNG

If you believe you came from monkeys, you probably did.

Nice guide might try it sometime, how much exp you get per hour aproximatedly(sp?).

Also I give you the same tip pikachu gave you, south of Rimmington, I have never seen a macro there and there are 5 willows trees very close to each other.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Wait, my friend said he got a keylogger and lyke he coudln't type, so I assumed it messed up his hands?

Congratulations, you just advanced 1 Idiocy level!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well generally with a method like this every hour you should cut about 400-500(i think around 300-400 if you are lower then 50) willows and thats 27k-33.75k wc exp and hour(67.5 exp per willow) and for fire making exp, its around 36k-45k. But the exp per hour really depends how fast you work, it can be said a certain amount but if you aren't working at a certain speed its slow. Then banking the logs then burning all at once would be perfered.

Nice guide, hoping to look out for this deadly one :wink:.

Also can't wait to see it improved.

Link2fast.png

mybbsig.png