[hide]

You are obviously not a p2per.

Only a free player would suggest anything like this. It's

like suggesting free players should get an update that

members don't. It makes no sense. The only way to

effectively end autoers is to AUTOMATICALLY detect

and ban them. Face it- autoers will almost always be on

RuneScape. There's almost no way to destroy them

without harming non-macroing players as well.

It's because most p2p would rather buy supplies from

lv3 chars which get their resources from their macro

accounts. It just reaffirms that most p2p are lazy and

will obvious never want to work harder than they have to.

Unlike p2p, f2p players have hardly any choice when it

comes to resource collection. Also it's a crime for any

p2p that has to work harder than they should. It seems

training for 99 skills don't require balls anymore.

2. You are forgetting the honest f2pers who work for their money. Not everyone you see mining essence, chopping yews, etc. on f2p are macroers. Therefore supply will decrease, because *gasp* as shocking as it is to believe, macroers are not the sole source of supply from free worlds. Also, if, if. Your argument relies on the assumption that gold farmers will pay US$5 per account they create. And how many autoers are there on f2p? Enough to deter the gold farmers spending US$5 on each od those autoers. It would then make the difference of increased prices, due to demand being greater than supply.

Yes f2pers are the majority of the working class in rs or at least on the lower end. If all macroers were gone, then f2pers would get better pay for their resources. I always see p2p coming on f2p worlds ripping off f2p players. I hate the fact that when it comes to yews, f2pers are p2p's bi0tches. I'm sure if Jagex did find a fool proof way to get rid of macroers, the majority of p2p will [bleep] and cry about how much harder it is to train their skills. If you're gonna cry about it then you probably don't deserve it.

When has a respectable professional player ever whined and complained about how hard it is to win a championship?

Also where did i say that macroers are the only suppliers of the free world? F2pers can not match the amount of resources produced by 24/7 autoers and gold farmers that get paid pennies to play.

There are already p2p autoers/ gold farmers so I sure they can afford to make more. And if there's a chance they can't, then it's a point for rs.

The autoers merely moved from one product to another. Not really an improvement, unless you mine essence for a living.

No, yew f2p autoers will go extinct, most f2p lob autoers will die off since there will no longer be as many buyers going for 99 cooking. Lastly ess autoers are less of a problem. Most f2p players are too poor to make any money on rc so most would just mine the ess themselves.

[/hide]

1. It is not a crime for a p2p to buy his or her supplies. They obviously have the money, and that money has likely come from hard work, given the lack of get rich quick methods.

2. Macroers will never be gone. Due to RuneScape's availability, it's a sad fact of life. And you are grossly generalising the member population. Even if a page of the rants forums is occupied about rants about the lack of resources, that's 17 rants out of a million players. You concentrate on the bad, yet ignore the good.

You are saying that macroers moving to p2p worlds will fill the void left from the inability to trade with f2p worlds, thus cutting honest f2p's from the equation. By saying there will be no hit to supply due to macroers moving to members, you are completely ignoring the materials supplied by honest f2p's.

If they create them on f2p that would suggest they are unwilling or unable to pay the fee for members. So why would that change if your idea was implemented? If they suddenly became willing, then there are still those that are unable.

3. I was replying to your post about pure essence being successful, not your more encompassing posts.

Huge problem: What happens when a F2P person becomes a member? Will they lose everything that they accumulated in F2P? If so, this would be an incentive for people NOT to get membership, which Jagex obviously doesn't want. If not, then all the autoers will dump everything they collect into a single F2P account, get memebership for a month, and will have totally defeated your system. Not really much to discuss here.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

This would only work for a few days, and then p2p would be flooded with macro's while f2p would be macro free. This only moves the problem from one place to another, and wouldn't solve anything in the long run. The only permanent fix is to some how force everyone to stop buying RS gold.

Fear is your only God

guth8os.gif

walmart44.png

1. It is not a crime for a p2p to buy his or her supplies. They obviously have the money, and that money has likely come from hard work, given the lack of get rich quick methods.

Never stated nor was implying that it was a crime. But it is with almost absolute certainty when you see someone selling 20k yews it's a fairly

safe assumption that macroing was involved.

2. Macroers will never be gone. Due to RuneScape's availability, it's a sad fact of life. And you are grossly generalising the member population. Even if a page of the rants forums is occupied about rants about the lack of resources, that's 17 rants out of a million players. You concentrate on the bad, yet ignore the good.

Elaborate pls?

You are saying that macroers moving to p2p worlds will fill the void left from the inability to trade with f2p worlds, thus cutting honest f2p's from the equation. By saying there will be no hit to supply due to macroers moving to members, you are completely ignoring the materials supplied by honest f2p's.

If my idea was to be implemented this moment I stand to lose around 9 million dollars. Now if were f2p for any significant period you should know

all to well how hard it is to make money. I rather lose that money then to continue being sneered at by arrogant, egotistical p2p players.

If they create them on f2p that would suggest they are unwilling or unable to pay the fee for members. So why would that change if your idea was implemented? If they suddenly became willing, then there are still those that are unable.

Them = macros?

I'm lost as to what you're going on with this.

If macroers are unwilling to make p2p accounts then is sounds like

you said they'll make f2p accounts. No they would not because there's

no point because they will have no one to sell to, especially yews.

Huge problem: What happens when a F2P person becomes a member? Will they lose everything that they accumulated in F2P? If so, this would be an incentive for people NOT to get membership, which Jagex obviously doesn't want. If not, then all the autoers will dump everything they collect into a single F2P account, get memebership for a month, and will have totally defeated your system. Not really much to discuss here.

In my previous posts I stated that all resources collected in f2p worlds

can only sold to f2p players. If an f2per becomes a member then same rule

applies. If the new member say for example takes his ores and smiths them into bars, then he's able to sell them to p2p players.

This would only work for a few days, and then p2p would be flooded with macro's while f2p would be macro free. This only moves the problem from one place to another, and wouldn't solve anything in the long run. The only permanent fix is to some how force everyone to stop buying RS gold.

The only significant impact would be an explosion in the number of yew macroers. Other than that there shouldn't be any other change in p2p.

Already got macroers fishing sharks and mining pure ess so things are already at a low concerning p2p macroer issues. Also players buying rs gold shows you how pathetic some people are wiling to cheat at a virtual game.

Beside most probably p2p buys yews harvested from macroers anyway so I'm just simplying suggest that the macroes go to p2p worlds.

Spaneard.png

3.png

There are always going to be macroers but jagex can cut it down but once macroers started they can't really be stopped without the economy crashing. These measures sure would stop alot of autoers but things like flax wouls still happen. I disagree with this really because of the financial problems that could occur to thousands of people.

W00T 100 post on post count (probably my 250th really)

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

[hide]

Never stated nor was implying that it was a crime. But it is with almost absolute certainty when you see someone selling 20k yews it's a fairly

safe assumption that macroing was involved.

Elaborate pls?

If my idea was to be implemented this moment I stand to lose around 9 million dollars. Now if were f2p for any significant period you should know

all to well how hard it is to make money. I rather lose that money then to continue being sneered at by arrogant, egotistical p2p players.

Them = macros?

I'm lost as to what you're going on with this.

If macroers are unwilling to make p2p accounts then is sounds like

you said they'll make f2p accounts. No they would not because there's

no point because they will have no one to sell to, especially yews.

The only significant impact would be an explosion in the number of yew macroers. Other than that there shouldn't be any other change in p2p.

Already got macroers fishing sharks and mining pure ess so things are already at a low concerning p2p macroer issues. Also players buying rs gold shows you how pathetic some people are wiling to cheat at a virtual game.

Beside most probably p2p buys yews harvested from macroers anyway so I'm just simplying suggest that the macroes go to p2p worlds.

[/hide]

It's because most p2p would rather buy supplies from

lv3 chars which get their resources from their macro

accounts. It just reaffirms that most p2p are lazy and

will obvious never want to work harder than they have to.

Unlike p2p, f2p players have hardly any choice when it

comes to resource collection. Also it's a crime for any

p2p that has to work harder than they should. It seems

training for 99 skills don't require balls anymore.

To me the bold part sounds as if you're implying it is a crime. More than implying, actually. Also, just because they are selling vast amounts of resources does not necessarily mean that macroing was involved. There are more click intensive tasks that have been achieved, e.g. thieving, hunter, mining. Cutting yews is basically click, wait. Not very taxing. And from what I've heard about gold farmers is that they basically have people on several accounts at once checking back every so often to make sure they're still on.

2. You said in your post IF macroers were gone, and I was merely stating that they will never be gone. Think about how easy it is make an account and have it woodcutting. Therefore it is safe to assume that macroers can continually create and maintain RuneScape accounts.

Yes f2pers are the majority of the working class in rs or at least on the lower end. If all macroers were gone, then f2pers would get better pay for their resources. I always see p2p coming on f2p worlds ripping off f2p players. I hate the fact that when it comes to yews, f2pers are p2p's bi0tches. I'm sure if Jagex did find a fool proof way to get rid of macroers, the majority of p2p will [bleep] and cry about how much harder it is to train their skills. If you're gonna cry about it then you probably don't deserve it.

Here you are grossly generalising members as whiny, lazy, spoilt, upper class [bleep]s. I was rebutting by saying that if, assuming your idea is implemented, a whole page of the rants forum was taken by rants about your idea, that is a mere 17 out of a million paying members [bleep]ing about the change. Nothing more than a drop in the ocean.

3. Of course I realise what it's like to be f2p, hell I got my fishing to 65 in classic, which was no mean feat. It was constant clicking, 'Use lobster pot with lobster fishing spot'. I remember getting my combat stats to 70 on black knights, getting my fishing from 65 to 70 at 14k/hour, at best. I remember mining iron for a whole week, just so I could buy full rune to do dragon slayer. I remember losing an adamant full helm and scimitar, and thinking it was the end of the world. And, if you'd care to look me up, you'd see hunter is my only good members stat - my next best is fletching, at 61. And if members bother you that much, don't trade with them. If you want to meet a decent member, it's not that hard - once again, you are focusing on the bad and ignoring the good.

4. Yes, 'them=macros'. You said:

There are already p2p autoers/ gold farmers so I sure they can afford to make more. And if there's a chance they can't, then it's a point for rs.

I was replying by saying that they make their macros f2p for a reason - they are unwilling or unable to make their macros members. So why should that change if your idea was implemented?

5. It wouldn't only be yews affected; all lower level woodcutting spots would be affected too, seeing as they have to train somewhere, right? Also, if their spots in f2p are now useless, the smart option is to branch out to other products, not just yews. So assuming those gold farmers have a couple of brain cells, they'll realise 'Hey, some of my macroers are superfluous; perhaps I could get them to mine pure essence, or maybe iron. Hey, fishing sounds like a good idea, lets try that...hmm, I wonder if maybe Runecrafting or thieving are good money spinners. Maybe I'll dabble a bit in merchanting, see if there are other monsters worth hunting apart from dragons. Hmm, I see chinchompas are rather pricey, lets try those...maybe I could make money from mini games?' So, it is plausible that given a lack of options, they may decide to create more options, and if these options are successful, we may see an explosion of macroers in other skills.

And basically the purpose of your suggestion is to make the macroers move from f2p to p2p? You would desire massive economic upheaval to rid yourself of macroers? You want to destroy members for your own enjoyment? If the macro problem gets that bad in members, I can only see RuneScape going downhill.

1 Sarcasm.

2 For f2p they would be if my idea was implemented.

3 Most that I've met are and those that aren't are still on my friend's list.

They'll complain because skills just became harder to train. That's the only reason why they would flame and whine to jagex.

4. To be good at an argument, one must see both sides. If members are as annoying as you think I think they are then I should have stopped playing rs. Four of the longest friends I have on rs are members. I'm simply stating my experience when doing business with p2p players. Also it is uncommon for a p2p to show any sympathy f2pers, so I consider you as an exception.

5. I find reading your argument difficult to read.

If you haven't noticed the macroers are getting worst. Either more people are cheating at rs and creating a higher demand for rs gold, or more people are using macroers to cheat or macroers are being replaced at a faster rate than jagex can ban them.

Cycle goes: macro sends resources to players, macro sends gold to gold farmer, gold farmer sells rs gold to players for real life cash and repeats itself.

Which component would you remove and how would you eliminate that it to break this cycle?

The only other way that I can think of resolving this situation is if any p2p player is caught buying rs gold then not only do they lose their account they get a $500 fine.

Spaneard.png

3.png

The fundamental flaw in this plan is that it doesn't get rid of the macro's, it merely moves them from one place to another. The short term effects would hurt honest players while not actually solving anything, like pure ess. The only way I can see to cure the problem is to take away the desire for RS gold from illegal sources. Severe penalties would be a start, but implementing those penalties may be difficult, legalities and such.

Fear is your only God

guth8os.gif

walmart44.png

1. Fair enough.

2. I don't think they'd be entirely gone on f2p; there is still a market for resources on f2p, such as essence, fish (for training, pking), ores for smithing, leather and silver for crafting, etc. So they would not be entirely eradicated; they would just be present on a smaller scale. Although this would be preferable to the current situation.

3. Then again, I could say f2p will complain because they've lost a large portion on their buyers; you could say that's not going to happen, just as I've been saying not all members whine and complain, but that would stray from the topic.

4. Okay, I think I misunderstood you; fair enough, there are those types of members.

5. Consider this; it's not only yews that would be affected. Macroers need lower level training spots to get to the level required for yew logs. So those spots would also been occupied by macroers, perhaps even more so than before. Now, if they concentrate all of their macros on woodcutting, surely it would not take them long to realise that some of those macros aren't productive enough to justify paying for members. So they are faced with two options; cut back on macros or concentrate them on other RuneScape resources. So, if they do decide to move their macros to other areas, those areas could then become infested with macros, if said areas are profitable enough to use the macros.

The macroers are probably getting worse; at the moment I am not training skills where macroers are a problem.

Perhaps we could remove the gold buyers? Modify the trading system so that it is done in a certain part and world of RuneScape, much like the duel arena for duels, with Jagex Mods overseeing every trade, flagging suspicious trades (e.g. someone giving away a large sum of money). To eliminate other forms of trade, modify duels so that you can only stake items of equal or extremely similar value. Make it so that you can only see someones drop pile if you have just killed them in the wilderness. Although a major drawback to this system would be the destruction of merchanting as we know it. Of course you also wouldn't be able to hold drop parties (although this would not be changed for the party room - perhaps have this restricted to a few worlds with Jagex Mods flagging suspicious persons?), unless in the party room. And you wouldn't be able to give gifts to friends, although I don't personally know anyone who's given away more than a mith battle axe. Although this probably would create more problems than it solves. Man, that is one tough cookie to crumble.