Kafei's Guide To Quick Brimhaven Gold Mining

lordkafei

This is a variant of the Grail Whistle method that I have been utilizing lately. I thought I'd share (in the hope of lowering gold ore prices).

Requirements:

Level 40 Mining

Karamja Gloves #3 (the hard ones)

a pick

Helpful:

Varrock Armour #3 (for the multiple mining hits)

Level 41 Combat (so the poison scorpions will be non-aggressive to you)

Weight-reducing gear (boots of lightness, hunter capes)

Here's two connect-the-dot maps for those of you unfamiliar with the area.

kafei1.png

kafei2.png

(1) Start in Shilo Bank. Equip a pickaxe in your weapons slot. Withdraw 10 coins.

(2) Take the cart to Brimhaven via the quick-pay method (10 coins). Your inventory is now empty.

(3) Run northwest along the shore until you reach the Hallowed Ring of Gold, holy site to all miners.

(4) Start mining. Also, pick up the ore spawn as you go by. Mine until you are full.

(5) Operate your gloves for a quick transport back to Shilo. Climb the ladder, run to the bank your and deposit your ores, withdraw 10 more coins and go back to step (2).

I found that I was always able to run, never wearing down to walking speed. Your own agility level will have some bearing on your results. I found I was able to get back to the Hallowed Ring before all the rocks had respawned consistently. I was not wearing boots of lightness or spotted capes. You might need to, though the actual distance you travel on foot is not long.

I have found that I can complete a loop in 6 minutes; 10 loops per hour.

28 ores * 65 xp * 10 loops = 18,200 xp per hour. That's a lousy experience rate compared to powermining, I know. But our goal is to bank as many ores as we can per hour, as cheaply as possible. This nets us 280 ores per hour. At 450 each (conservative estimate), that's a net income of 126,000gp per hour. That's what I'm talkin' about!

The advantage over the Arzinian mines is that you get to bank 28 ores every time at a cost of 10 coins per load.

The advantage over the Grail Whistle method is that it's slightly less cumbersome than dialing the ring every time. You also don't have to carry the whistle and staff, so you bank 2 more ores per trip. Supporting figures are at the bottom of this post.

=====

I have done some time trials of the Whistle method. I found I was able to complete a loop in 5:50 (350 seconds) on average. This comes out to 10 2/7 laps per hour, 26 ores per loop.

Whistle Method: 10 2/7 laps * 26 ores = 267 ores per hour

Kafei Method: 10 laps * 28 ores = 280 ores per hour.

You might argue that the Whistle method is cheaper, and you would be right. Since Jagex has modified the way Karamja Gloves affect the cart pullers, this is a non-issue. Ten coins per load is insignificant.

Constructive criticism always appreciated.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Actually with the gold spawn your getting less xp per hour.

Gold is also 550ea :)

Pictures pl0x!

A map too

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Very very nice,

some tips, add avg. time and tell us some of your stats,

eg. agility and mining

i'd have a mixture of methods timed:

1) with 200 gp a trip, 28 gold a trip <- your described method

2) your described method but with more gold, im pretty sure that 1 invent space wont save as much time as withdraw x, delay, 200, enter.

3) the whistle method

This way we could easilly find out which is the best.

Possible addition:

add a link to a GOOD achievment diary guide (I think there is one on tip.it main site but not sure)

hope i helped

all skills 60 plus!! (50 summoning)

currently going for first 99, Firemaking in world 130 - grand exchange (west)

Timthegreat4.png

timthegreat4.png

Timthegreat4-Bomboy_55.gif

not really a improvment comapred to just tellying to ardy, banking and runing back (useing boat), fairy ring way is still beter

7/10, nice idea, but not much of a improvment

Well, Ardy teleports will cost you at least 1 space; more if you use runes instead of tablets. And they also cost you 2 law runes per teleport. That's at least twice as expensive as just paying the cart puller.

I doubt the fairy method is any faster. And if the times are the same, my method wins because you can bank 28 ores per trip. You can't do that with the rings, because you have to have a staff, pick and whistle to use that method. Two of those items will have to be carried in your pack.

2 ores per trip definitely adds up over the long run. That's 20 ores per hour.

I will do some formal testing of the Whistle method later tonight and post those times as a comparison.

PvP is not for me

If you dont mind talking to the cart guy(instead of using the quick pay method), you only need to bring 10 gold. and he will only charge you 10 gold. (though it may be 12 gold, im not p2p right now, so some1 will have to check that)

This is true, but haggling with him slows you down considerably.

PvP is not for me

• 1 month later...

Jagex has changed the cart puller's compensation. I find that now, if I am wearing my Karamja Gloves, I can quick pay with 10 coins.

This is easy to withdraw from the bank (as you are depositing your ores), and still lets you mine 28 gold ores with each trip.

Thanks, Jagex!

PvP is not for me