The Air Rune Market

anim7

In my post I assume that the largest demand out there at metal drag fire bolters in members since I can't think of anymore use for massive amount of air runes. 1 fire bolt spell costs 4 fire or 3 air. You buy one of the runes and use a staff for the other. Fire runes have fallen to around 10 each, making cost of 4 fire runes only 40 gp. If air runes are considered 14 each, 3 airs would cost 42 gp. In this case, you have lost some potential buyers to fire runes because both would cost about the same.

Hence, when demand falls, prices falls with it.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

This is rant about how the economy has negatively affected me and a whole bunch of f2p rcers.

Air rune prices have fallen to about 13-14ea. That means that even at lvl 55 rc, w16 airs cannot break even.

Assuming 25ea for ess, that is 625gp for 25 ess. That is total of 2625gp per trade spent. The returns, at 55rc is 150 airs. That makes it so that at 13ea airs, we get back about 1950gp. That means a loss of 675gp per trade. In other words, to get 125rc xp, we are spending 675gp. 5.4gp per xp! Even if we are lucky to sell 15ea, that is a loss of 375gp per trade.

At 66rc and selling 15ea, you break even. The profit comes in at 77rc.

This is MADNESS.

How are we supposed to manage? Mine our own ess? To get to 66rc from 55, we need 50k ess. Who mines like that?

I am just venting my frustration at this. Usually the w16 airs is balanced. People pay the runner enough so that they break even/make profit. But air rune prices have come down and ppl still pay 2k per trade.

Obviously if there is less demand for airs then the 2k trade price must come down too. But it isnt....

Why did the prices dip all of a sudden? Dont say supply/demand. I know that...But what about that demand.?

Is there some new incentive to get higher rc that people are willing to lose money to get there?

Thank you.

World 16 is equivalent to World 66. You go there for exp, not money. So don't complain if you can't make any cash while raising Runecrafting faster.

Also, if you want cash, just train without the use of runners. Mining your own essence will obviously save you less, but even if you buy it, you'll still make profit.

And you're 55 Runecrafting, anyway. When you get 66, 77, 88...etc etc...you'll be able to use the company and still make cash. Until then...don't complain about it.

The point is for me to break even. Not make cash!! I have repeated it many times. You people keep assuming that I want profit. I DONT. I dont expect profit until 66/77. Here is what I did for my rc levels.

1-44. Did it myself.

44-50. w16 at a loss.

50-55 - did it myself

FInally, at 55, I say to myself. "yay i got 55rc. i can use w16 airs without losing money." I did that until 59 rc. But then things changed. Airs went down.

That is my rant.

warrager - they are getting 50-70k per hour! all they need for that is a lvl 3 account. In two - three hours, they save up for full rune :shock: That is a lot of money in f2p. Even with my skills I can only make 50k an hour mining coal. Merchanting can bring me a steady 100k per hour but i doubt it.

mico- your post makes no sense here. this is a rant. either respond to the rant or flame me. Dont brag here. Go to rate this! section.

Excuse me, but that is what I am saying. You are complaining about MONEY. You don't want to lose any, yet you still want faster runecrafting exp. This is NOT how runecrafting works, unless perhaps you are using ZMI or making double natures and keeping half for yourself while using runners.

My point is that you just need to stop complaining about something so irrelevant in the first place. So you lose a few gp per essence you craft? Big deal. If you can't pay the price, don't expect to level so quickly. That's just how it is and should be.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

W16 airs is for Xp not money your paying for xp

I you don't like it go run your own.

Also not many people play due to school started and less people buy airds making prices dip low.

I just love how you repeat what other people have said over and over in a thread.

Hes sheep that thinks hes people.

Bless <3:

Noob Skillls - 89 Range - 82 Magic - 78 Strength - 80 Hitpoints - 44 Prayer

-69 Combat -

-99 Cooking-

-ANTI PURE BASHER, PURE AND PROUD-

i believe there is a topic in this forum for "your stupid question of the day" already

edit:before i am flamed, what i mean is that the obvious answer is supply/demand but you don't let us use that as an answer.

go create a topic saying "what is 1+1? Well, I know you are going to say 2 so DONT SAY THAT"

redbullsigortiz.jpg

i believe there is a topic in this forum for "your stupid question of the day" already

edit:before i am flamed, what i mean is that the obvious answer is supply/demand but you don't let us use that as an answer.

go create a topic saying "what is 1+1? Well, I know you are going to say 2 so DONT SAY THAT"

whoa there man...you misunderstood. what i am talking is about is the specifics of supply/demand. Where is the demand created? The supply of what? we all understand that the answer is the notion/concept of this economic law. You gotta expand on that. Show me/us your interpretation of what is happening here. I mean all of a sudden air rune prices just went down. Why? That is the question.

Before, people were buying airs 18-20ea. Why was that? Did anything change that might have put more airs into the market? Or did the desire for air runes just decrease? Did the ZMI altar change anything, if so how? Is there a desire to get high rc lvls that ppl are still willing to pay the runners 2k?

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Not only are the prices low, even when selling at 14-15 ea, its still impossible to sell. Competing against the auto sellers is tough.

in world 2 the auto sellers (or asians im not quite sure) sell for like 20-30 each..

done with runescape

Easy solution- Mine your own essence, and don't use runners. If you really want to get runecrafting levels, craft something like bodies or fires. They give more exp for your money. also, were have you seen people selling for 13g-14g ea regularly? I usually see them selling for about 16g ea..

Thus, if essence is 25g ea, then 1k essence equals 25k, right? If you can craft just 3 airs per ess, selling them at around 15g ea, then you'll double your initial money. I really don't see the problem, sorry..

Plus mining exp! \'

ssuserbariiwv9.png
If I wanted to hit numbers I would hit my calculator.

While i agree that the market for Air Runes has fallen dramatically, no one is pointing a gun at your head and making you craft airs. There are other ways of making money. I understand that you just want your way back, but everything gets nerfed every now and then :(

brontay.jpg

Al+Bronte.png

I am rc 59. Rank 80000. Is that not high enough? Besides i am willing to get rc up, which is why I am trying to get the bext xp in f2p. Runners in f2p are just greedy who want 2k just for a small trip to and from bank. If I dont give them that then i cannot get trades.

if it is a small trip, make it yourself

Hephaestos8.gif