New Update - What some have failed to see

Lucifier6

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aren't we supposed to welcome deflation? rares rely totally on inflation and if the economy deflates, rare prices go down, so the money/rare price ratio is the same, so rares aren't harder to get. Construction was designed to be a money drain, it was the only effective one until this as evrything you buy(planks, marble, magic gems, rooms etc.) goes to NPCs.

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

In my opinion you guys make this problem much bigger than it is in reality,

(or like we say in dutch: you guys make from a bug an elephant).

:-k I mean, who on runescape will buy 100k airs at once? and if someone does, only 2mill is removed, high alch 2k magic longs and the money is back in game, i think there are more people who high alch than people who buy 100k airs at once don't you think?

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

Inflation, though not a positive thing is not all that bad for the economy. It just means that more people can buy things, theres more cash, and items cost more. However, there is so much money, that it doesnt really matter, each gp is just worth a little less.The worse thing taht can happen is everyone has milions upon millions in their bank, an deverything costs hundereds of k .

However, deflation is much worse. It can bring a complete stop to the economy, as very few people will have enough to buy anything of value.

Everyone will hoard their cash, like in the Great Depression. Almost everyone will eventually become almost self-sufficient, and instead of selling the finished product, there is no market, so they will use it themselves.Almost no money will change hands, which is what is bad for the economy.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Let me think about this for a moment. Assuming less money is in circulation at any one time, more people buy stuffs from shops.... ok.

The rune market gets *censored* over. Death rune sellers who used to sell for 350 ea now get at most 300 ea.

bloods isn't affected as much, since store price is 550 ea ( i think).

air rune sellers lost tons of money.

Arrow sellers get lucky, the prices just went up.

But anyway, hypothetically, there is no point of buying runes from other players unless they offer a really good price, same with arrows.

Other things might go down since theres less money, its too early to predict.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

and heres something u never considered before

uh we were on a massive infalation spree before? freakin alching adds so much to the game, economy was in desperate need for something to slow that down, now we got this

and no item prices will go up, cuz we can buy infiite, all items will just stay around the shop price, i mean, no1 can sell above shop price, and selling too far below wont happen much

and also, u see those stupid fools in w 1 shop sellin 3m arrows? ya well screw them cuz theyre the ppl runnin the autoers buyin out all the arrows in shops before, im f2p but im sure p2p doesnt bother makin bulk bronze arrows, so those stupid auto runners take it up the behind now, so no, just about everything in this update is good

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

This is a great update

The newb's player will first become harder, as what others' suggest, due to increased items' price (BTW, how come a new player own SO much money in the way that he can purchase tons of stuff to train on? They are supposed to be self sufficient by gathering resources and selling them in order to acquire the cash needed. However, when they've finished the gathering, they are no longer newb, with high non-combat skills)

Everyday, the macroers extracts tons of resources from game. Previously, there may be only a person cutting yew tree for an hour a day, bringing 200 yew logs to the game. However, now, thanks to those bots, the yew tree resource is constantly being extracted and fully utilized, bringing thousands of logs into game, despite the logs extracted may fall into different macroers' hand. That means, amount of resources in economy rises.

These increased number of logs will ultimately turned to the form of money, for example, by high-alchemy of yew long bows.

So, money in a economics increases, inflation happens, driving prices upward in long run.

Without effective money sink, uh, inflation may get out of control, with price doubling within months and vaporizing the value of heaps of gold

That's why I love this update. Without it, by construction alone (construction IS NOT very effective as the POH can be used by others), inflation may get out of control, making a newb (esp. F2P) life miserable.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudflation <= inflation in MMORPG and ways to combat it

Currently taking a break from Runescape