Barrows for Beginners

bunsosteel3

I've got a better way of doing it - I get 55 slayer (quite easy) and I've only got 53 mage and 40 range, but i only use about 10 doses each trip (and that's because I pray in the tunnel)
ok so ur saying a better way is having only 40 range? so ur just gonna be hitting 7's and 8's on ahrim then and 60+ mage and range is recommended so ull hit more accurately, frankly dont tell me uve got a "better" way of doing barrows when ur stats arent that good for barrows

Barrows Drops: Karils-2 coifs, 1 top, 1 skirt, 1 xbow. Ahrims-1 staff. Torags-1 platebody, 1 legs, 1 helm. Dharoks-1 platebody, 1 helm.

Dragon Drops: 1 Chain, 1 2-hander

Dude, 20 doses of ppots is SERIOUSLY TOO MUCH for one run. At LvL 75, I can manage barrows at less than 6 doses a trip. One major area you can save ppots is by keeping ur prayer as low as possible during Ahrim's fight (but not all the way to 0 of course) and then let it drain to 0 after fighting Ahrim, as it'll save you a few doses of ppots in the dungeon. There's no need to pray in the dungeon... unless the brother appears. But when the brother does appear, drink your ppot and turn on your Protect Prayer just as he hits you (you can do all this within 1 combat turn), then eat your food. After then, you can kill the brother and let your prayer drain to zero again.

Dude, 20 doses of ppots is SERIOUSLY TOO MUCH for one run. At LvL 75, I can manage barrows at less than 6 doses a trip. One major area you can save ppots is by keeping ur prayer as low as possible during Ahrim's fight (but not all the way to 0 of course) and then let it drain to 0 after fighting Ahrim, as it'll save you a few doses of ppots in the dungeon. There's no need to pray in the dungeon... unless the brother appears. But when the brother does appear, drink your ppot and turn on your Protect Prayer just as he hits you (you can do all this within 1 combat turn), then eat your food. After then, you can kill the brother and let your prayer drain to zero again.
ok the 20 ppots doses thing is just for starting barrows, ur right it is too much, but once u have done a few runs test new stuff out e.g. dont pray on all bros and stuff, its only temporary....

Barrows Drops: Karils-2 coifs, 1 top, 1 skirt, 1 xbow. Ahrims-1 staff. Torags-1 platebody, 1 legs, 1 helm. Dharoks-1 platebody, 1 helm.

• 1 month later...

Giving this guide a bump before it dies out ::'

Anyways, just want to update a couple of things....... Since Jagex has implemented the Grand Exchange, it has benifitted buyers of items much, much more than sellers, to say the least...... With the Grand Exchange you can buy prayer potions for 4.2k for 3 doses. Why does this matter? Because using this method you save 2.5k per prayer potion a trip as opposed to before....... With bringing 5 prayer potions you save around 12-13k. Helps alot with profits...... So to answer, can you make a profit with these many prayer potions? Yes i truely believe you can. Barrows is a more.... fun minigame than profitable as well...... Although once you become experienced you can make 40-50k per trip, depending on your drops...... Since i still use fire bolt, and yes i truely believe it is better than slayer dart FINANCIALLY, I can cut trip spendings to around 15k er so........

Also, I have changed the order in which I do the barrows bros...... Dh first with full prayer, then Karil with the leftovers and maybe a dose of prayer potion, and finish Ahrim with whatever prayer you need. Now in tunnels expect to use 3-4 doses of your prayer potion (yes i use 1 prayer potions a trip (usually only 2-3 doses)). Those are what I personally call the big three since I pray on only them....

Thank you, just wanted to fill in here again......

~Srgnt Suited~