Firefox RAM Usage.

gahh

Recently, Firefox has been using a lot of RAM. It's peak usage is 110,676k and is using 106,164k right now. It used to only use around 20,000k. The CPU Usage is also a bit high sometimes when running Firefox. It goes up and down reaching 100% everytime it goes up. Anyone know why? It is slowing down other programs I am running. Any help would be appreciated.

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

What extensions do you have installed? Try disabling them all and turning on one by one until you find the source of the memory hog.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If it isn't found to be an extention issue (which it very well could be), adding 'config.trim_on_minimize' (boolean type) to about:config and setting it's to 'true' will make FireFox dump it's RAM on minimize. It's just a bandaid solution as RAM usage will start climbing again once you restore the window but it does help clean up the memory leak issues if you minimize it every so often. It's better than having to restart it and having to reopen tabs.

Ok, I just disabled all the extensions and restarted Firefox. The RAM Usage is still high. It's improved though, it's only at around 60,000k. I just tried the minimize thing but it doesn't work. The RAM Usage is still high. :(

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

I know what can do it, but you won't like to know what it is......... :ohnoes: ... You really won't like it, but here it is:

Any time the RuneScape java app is triggered or any heavy Shockwave or Flash applet, it makes the RAM usage go to hell in a handbasket. Fixing this is not possible, sorry. :cry:

I should personally know this, as I've had the direct experience with it. Only way to force a cleanup that I know of is to shut FireFox totally down and then bring it back up after a 30-second delay.

Sorry to be such a disappointment, but I already know there is no super-permanent solution in this matter. -.-

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)