Underground Pass inventory and fighting gear?

Zou_Lou

Hello, :)

Time has come for me to beat the so long delayed Underground Pass quest and I'd better be prepared. I'm already aware of how I should set my inventory, please help me to correct any mistake I could have done and to set up my fighting outfit.

Here is what I'm planning to bring along:

Inventory:

Two ropes, cheap bow and arrows, spade, armour and weapon (ranging gear is recommended on quest guides), ring of dueling/teletab, lots of cheap food (strawberry baskets?), 6 to 10 free slots, no gloves, 5k gp for one extra pair of Klank Gauntlets as place holder.

Fighting gear:

Full red dragon hide set with [bleep]y vambs (I'll just drop the vambs if needed to wear the gauntlets), maple short bow and bronze arrows (how many would I need?), book of Zamorak, helm of Neitiznot, climbing boots, amulet of glory (?), obby cape (?), whip (?).

My stats are in my signature down below.

Many thanks in advance for your kind help. 8-)

Greetings,

Zou Lou.

Retired from RuinedScape 12/15/07.

Now playing a Tauren Shaman on World of Warcraft.

Server: Ravencrest.

Username: Zulu.

bring sarha brews instead of food 4 dose pots

Ok, thanks Tameelf! :)

It sounds like a rather expensive alternative to strawberries/tuna and corn tatters but I guess beating this quest comes at a price, lol! :lol: :anxious:

How many Sara Brews do you think I'll need?

EDIT: I've been reading back Salm's quest guide and since I'll be fighting the demons with a whip with protect melee on, and I might have to drop my ranging outfit to wear zamorak robes I believe blue d'hide armour would be more appropriate. what do you think?

Greetings,

Zou Lou.

I just did it, and to be honest is was really easy.

I wore:

Initiate Helm

Gnome Amulet (Dropped)

Black D Hide Body

Black D Hide Chaps

Whip

Rune Gloves (Although not needed really)

Boots of Lightness

10 Iron Arrows

Spade (Dropped)

Inventory:

Ectophial

Prayer Potion (Used by end of quest)

Energy Potion (Used by end of quest)

Agility Potion (Used by end of quest)

Rope (You use it anyways)

Maple Shortbow (Dropped)

And around 12 monkfish.

Seriously, I wouldn't take sara brews or anything like that, you don't use a huge amount of food.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

Okay! Thanks a lot Ddraiggoch and Salamander, this helps a lot. :D

I'm starting to gain confidence now, lol! :lol:

I was thinking of strawberry baskets as food because they are extremely light and they heal 25 hp per slot. With protect melee on and a few pray pots I should not take too much damage from the demons and the giant spider so I don't think I need food healing a lot in one bite like tuna and corn potatoes. I'll just take one in case I forgot to pray, lol! :wink:

If I see I'm too heavy I think I'll switch my obby cape for a spottier cape... It would be a shame to loose my obby cape in case I would totally mess up, don't you think? :anxious:

One last question before I get started: the quest guide is not clear about buying food from dwarves. How much cash do you think I should bring with me?

Greetings,

Zou Lou.

Okay! Thanks a lot Ddraiggoch and Salamander, this helps a lot. :D

I'm starting to gain confidence now, lol! :lol:

I was thinking of strawberry baskets as food because they are extremely light and they heal 25 hp per slot. With protect melee on and a few pray pots I should not take too much damage from the demons and the giant spider so I don't think I need food healing a lot in one bite like tuna and corn potatoes. I'll just take one in case I forgot to pray, lol! :wink:

If I see I'm too heavy I think I'll switch my obby cape for a spottier cape... It would be a shame to loose my obby cape in case I would totally mess up, don't you think? :anxious:

One last question before I get started: the quest guide is not clear about buying food from dwarves. How much cash do you think I should bring with me?

Greetings,

Zou Lou.

If I can remember, it's 75gp every time he gives you food. Although personaly, I wouldn't bother, as throught the quest you get so much free food anyway, I ended up dropping a lot of the food they gave me. If you want though, I'd take about 500gp-1k.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

Here is the detail of my outfit and inventoy:

undergroundpasssetupwr2.png

D'oh, I had forgotten about the spade! #-o :wall: :roll:

Luckily enough a friend of mine came to my rescue and helped me to finish up the quest. Without her help I would have been obliged to drop along a lot of stuff because I had taken way too much food and way too many pots.

Thank you Lysi! :D

undergroundpasslisyandzwg0.png

undergroundpassblz6.png

Greetings,

Zou Lou.

I did that quest with combat stats in the 60's in classic, so with those stats it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Patrik001.png

88102pbj 8a - BANNED at 108 combat 2004 - 84 Combat RSC.

Patrik001 - 72 Attack 50 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

X Patrik X - 85 Attack 75 Defence 92 Strength RSC.