Red's List: Side Games (Update: New Game added)

Bloodredsword

[hide=News]Edit: Added New Game: Mech Quest

Note: I'm restricting this to almost all browser based.(Except for 1 or 2 exceptions) If its a game just to play while your bored of your "normal" game...there wouldn't be much point in dling a new game.

Edit: Added pictures for current games :)[/hide]

Hurrah for long title ey?!

Anyway...I'm just going to post a couple of games that I have found have really been good for me when I'm bored of a game.

Here we Go:

Mech Quest

BattleOn's newest addition to their game index.(the creatures of Adventure Quest and Dragon Fable)Its a SciFi based online, browser based rpg. Its basically the same as dragon fable.(Gameplay wise). Its very fun and it literally came out this afternoon.(oct 17). Its in gamma stage so start playing now! You start out with a basic mech, and upgrade it with new armour, guns, and other awesome stuff. Who WOULDN'T want to shoot other robots with a flamethrower? I mean cmon!

\

Gods of Time

A very addictive game. Browser based so no download. You walk around, and hurl balls of energy at monsters. AWESOME! Also other players can join you when you fight baddies. Plenty of dungeons and towns. Its free but for an extra $5 you can get all sorts of goodies for one month, Including changing your Char's appearance.

Fun

[hide=Pictures]

godsoftime1.jpg

godsoftime2.jpg

godsoftime3.jpg

[/hide]

Alot of you are going to hate me for this one:

Dragon Fable :/

A flash based browser game. Again no dl required. Its yet another great game to play on a break from your "normal" game. Although its a bit childish, it has SOME challenging aspects of it and it has some pretty funny material in it. (as in sarcasm and video game related jokes) I'm not saying its the cream of the crop, but its worth playing just to mess aruond on it. Also the graphics are suprisingly good for a flash game. And last but not least...you get to raise your own pet dragon! Check it out. One more thing, for around $20, you get a "Dragon Amulet." Its pretty much the equivalent of purchasing membership. And you get all sorts of extra things. I found that I havn't yet felt the need to buy one...since the game is just a side game for Runescape. (Adventure Quest is the "original" of DF, but has terrible graphics.)

[hide=Pictures]

dragonfableum5.png

[/hide]

The Secret of the Solstice

This is the first required download game on this list. The reason I am putting it on here is because it is free, and the game itself is only around 600mb. Its an "overhead" view game, with decent graphics. If any of you have played Dark Cloud the graphics look startlingly like those graphics. You start as a Xenian(no skill set) and then at level 16 you develop into a mage, fighter and several other unique classes. Right now its in open and closed beta stage, so the game is still young. Its definitely worth the download. (Btw, outspark also makes another game called "Fiesta" I havn't downloaded it, but its a full MMORPG, it looks similar to Guild wars in the way it is played, I'll post if I DL it)

[hide=Pictures]

SOS1.jpg

SOS2.jpg

[/hide]

Thats all I have for now....I'm still looking for more games to post. So please tell me if you have any good suggestions!

~Brs

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

I tried to play gods of time but when I logged in and clicked on mage class, it logged me back t the front page

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

I tried to play gods of time but when I logged in and clicked on mage class, it logged me back t the front page

Thats weird....what browser are you using it for?(not like that would matter :P)

Also I'm still looking for suggestions for games!

Shamuuu.png

maplestory is good http://www.maplestory.com free, its download is 600mb i think. fairly popular game 4 classes. rogue,archer,mage and warrior they all branch off in to two 2nd jobs or in mages its 3 eg. rogue branches to either assassin or bandit its a sidescrolling mmorpg too so its pretty unique

kirby-sig.gif

Alright....a note: I am looking pretty much only for free, browser based mmorpgs(or just rpgs) to post here, and the occasional down loadable game.

This is different then the other topics in the fact that I'm not putting games up to be played as ones "main game," but to be played when one is bored of his or her current game.

Wow....I just sounded WAY to grammatically correct. :P

Shamuuu.png