Splinter cell has gone downhill :(

Harakiri

Splinter cell has been my favorite series for a while. I will review the games in a minute but first I want to adress my main problem...

SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION!!!

I can tell from the vid that this is gonna either screw up the series or make it into a new genre and it will rock. Either way...The guys at visualwalkthroughs a website dedicated to walkthroughs of games using pics, they have given up on splinter cell...When double agent came out...they screwed up the whole series! Conviction is about beating up cops in backalleys...Hmm reminds me of something...maybe GTA...and I hate any game that is about beating up cops, cuz its wrong.

Splinter cell 1 was a good game. It looked like this could become a good series of video games. It had a lot of potential.

Splinter cell 2 I found even better. It was fun and was still looking like a good series was coming.

Splinter cell 3 made the series go downhill...the graphics sucked and a lot of the fun of the old ones was not in this.

Splinter cell 4 ruined the series...Hay...I am a covert operative who is running around in the middle of the day shooting people in a gears of war like fashion.

Goodbye splinter cell. The books are the only thing we have to look forward to...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

The reason they are doing this is supposedly to add new stealth elements to the games. Conviction sounds DECENT..and only in the sense that you are in open daylight, yet you still have to find a way to implement stealth. Thats a decent concept. But Chaos Theory and Double Agent kind of ruined it. Splinter Cell 1 was great...I havent played 2.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Wow, we must have seriously different points of view... I loved all the games, and think they're getting better and better with each game, adding new elements of gameplay and stealth. Splinter Cell Conviction looks beautiful.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Do you actually know what conviction is about because if you ask me it sounds like Prison Break but in a game, which IMO is awesome. He's now on the run from the government and you have to try and get (i presume to meet people without getting caught) around without the police seeing you, however you obviously can't hide forever especially when you're out in the open so there are a chase sequences and you have to fight off the cops and i presume hide until it blows over.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw the gameplay footage on youtube. It really does look terrible...the graphics are pretty, but if it didn't have a title on top of the video, I'd have never known it was a splinter cell game. There's little stealth involved, there weren't any cool gadgets, and the civilians looked generally stupid.

jjroxlu7.jpg