earphone plug problem

superaymond

Try plugging in a pair of desktop speakers to the headphone port of your laptop. If you get sound, then your earphones are somehow at fault. If you don't get sound, then the laptop is in need of repair. :(

BTW, if you do have to send the laptop in for repairs, make sure to back up all your data. I recommend you do it both with a backup program, and afterward, a verbatim (1:1 ratio, no backup program for this part) copy to something like a "My Book" by Western Digital. After that, leave no trace of your music/files/work/etc. and send it in for repairs. Some people love to snoop around other people's stuff. :?

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Try to re-install the device drivers. After that go through the sound control panel and make sure everything is set correctly.

Ditto on back up your data before sending it in. You might not get the same laptop back.

With the data snooping he was talking about, yes it does happen but it's usually done by 3rd part support people. At the manufacturer's factory they don't have time to snoop because of the large quantities of computers.

goldenblade995.png

With the data snooping he was talking about, yes it does happen but it's usually done by 3rd part support people. At the manufacturer's factory they don't have time to snoop because of the large quantities of computers.

You don't know that the snooping is usually automated? :shock: ... I've heard the RIAA and MPAA actually provide programs to go snooping around, and they'll wipe out anything containing certain words or phrases, both in the file, as well as in the file name. These programs also wipe out files based on data characteristics too. And then to finish it all off, they send home copies of so-called "proof that someone is breaking the law" back to their makers. :(

In short, consumer gets [bleep]-ed, and RIAA/MPAA get to be a bunch richer because you're left unable to defend yourself. Heck, Sony's rootkit was one way they did this. :(

I'm going to ask, however, that we don't side-track out this alleyway. It would go too far off-topic. <.<

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

You don't know that the snooping is usually automated? :shock: ... I've heard the RIAA and MPAA actually provide programs to go snooping around, and they'll wipe out anything containing certain words or phrases, both in the file, as well as in the file name. These programs also wipe out files based on data characteristics too. And then to finish it all off, they send home copies of so-called "proof that someone is breaking the law" back to their makers. :(

In short, consumer gets [bleep]-ed, and RIAA/MPAA get to be a bunch richer because you're left unable to defend yourself. Heck, Sony's rootkit was one way they did this. :(

I'm going to ask, however, that we don't side-track out this alleyway. It would go too far off-topic. <.<

~Mr. Devnull

Well I'm going to side track this because that is all false information.

First of all that thing about the RIAA is all propaganda. As much as I hate those guys, they can't just go into anybody's computer and start snooping. Second of all, it's illegal and a large corporation would be caught fairly easily doing it. They would never be able to pull this off, they know nothing about computers, you would know this if you read some of their arguments on the lawsuits. BTW they know you downloaded songs not by snooping but by the actual site releasing your IP (kazaa).

The Sony rootkit was not there to spy on you, it was there to protect their property from being copied. The big deal about this when people found out was that it hid any file in $"filename"$ (which includes many legit windows folders) tags and that it was installed without consumers knowledge.

Come on, don't give false info on the subject. Fact check it before you do, or atleast make sure it's close to correct.

goldenblade995.png