A few Quick Graphics Card Questions

Mamong

Well, I posted a little while back asking about Graphics Cards. After finding two I like, I can't seem to decide which is better.

One is a MSI 7600GT 512mb DDR2

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1144&maincat_no=130&cat2_no=136

The other is a Leadtek 7600GT 256mb DDR3

http://www.leadtek.com/eng/3d_graphic/specification.asp?pronameid=287&lineid=1&act=2

Lastly, what is a playable FPS speed when gaming. I've looked at benchmarks for these cards and was wondering at what FPS can I get a good gaming experience. I mainly play First Person Shooters so what is a good frame rate for those?

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

Well what first person shooters do you play?

Some prices on those graphics cards would be nice too. If the 7600GT is over $120, then it's not worth it, they are starting to show their age. You can get a lot better card for the money now.

Give us a budget to suggest some other cards too.

goldenblade995.png

Well, I posted a little while back asking about Graphics Cards. After finding two I like, I can't seem to decide which is better.

One is a MSI 7600GT 512mb DDR2

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1144&maincat_no=130&cat2_no=136

The other is a Leadtek 7600GT 256mb DDR3

http://www.leadtek.com/eng/3d_graphic/specification.asp?pronameid=287&lineid=1&act=2

Lastly, what is a playable FPS speed when gaming. I've looked at benchmarks for these cards and was wondering at what FPS can I get a good gaming experience. I mainly play First Person Shooters so what is a good frame rate for those?

The main is difference the memory;

*the MSI has twice the memory

*The Leadtek uses the newer memory

Performance wise the Leadtek should be better on low to med resolutions whereas the MSI will be better at higher resolutions. Although you wouldn't really notice an amazing difference in the cards.

FPS wise generally you won't notice any FPS higher then 60.

Anything lower then 60 and you will start to notice the game becoming less smooth.

However some games such as Oblivion are designed to look good and play fine on 30 FPS.

PS. The link to the msi card doesn't seem to work for me.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Some prices on those graphics cards would be nice too. If the 7600GT is over $120, then it's not worth it, they are starting to show their age. You can get a lot better card for the money now.

I'm looking for an AGP card, which is why I've looked at the 7600GT, because that is one of the best options for AGP in my budget. (X1950pro and 7900gs are too exy).

I mainly play games like Counter Strike:Source, and Bioshock and TF2 when I get them.

The MSI card comes in at $150 Australian ($138US)

The Leadtek card comes in at $135 Australian ($124US)

@Joe. The MSI link must be down. I went to their site and to the cards page, but got an error also.

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

I'm looking for an AGP card, which is why I've looked at the 7600GT, because that is one of the best options for AGP in my budget. (X1950pro and 7900gs are too exy).

I mainly play games like Counter Strike:Source, and Bioshock and TF2 when I get them.

The MSI card comes in at $150 Australian ($138US)

The Leadtek card comes in at $135 Australian ($124US)

@Joe. The MSI link must be down. I went to their site and to the cards page, but got an error also.

Ahh, it's always good to post that you need an AGP card in the first post :wink:, and that it needs to9 be from someplace in Australia.

Well counter strike is nothing for a graphics card now a days. Your card will play Bioshock at low to medium settings.

goldenblade995.png