-=- Hugo's Indepth Guide to Merchanting Wins -=-

Hugo

Hugo's Indepth Guide to Merchanting Wins

Hey, welcomg to my indepth guide to merchanting stake wins! This is an extremely good way of merchanting and you can get up to 1M an hour doing it! \' It recquires patience however, and being able to withstand being called "nub" and "ch00b" over and over again.

Intro

Merchanting wins is buying wins people have got from staking. The good thing is that you can buy for 100-200k less! Then you can sell for the original price (or more! :thumbsup: ) at W2 or Forums. In this guide I will go into how to do it and good places to buy/sell! \'

Contents

[hide=What are wins?]

What are wins?

- What is staking?

- What are wins?

Staking is based in the Duel Arena, it is where people put up items/money which are put together, then they fight, and it's winner takes all. Staking is mainly done in W22, however people fun in quite a lot of worlds. Funning is staking for no reason, just for the heck of it really!

Win are the items people get from staking. Common wins are Whips, Furys, Potions, Logs, Barrows, Obby Items, Ranging Items, Runes, how ever anything can be a win! In this guide I will tell you the good things to merchant and the bad things.[/hide]

[hide=The Setup]

The Setup

- Initial Setup

- Which World?

- Inventory?

- Place?

- Time?

Initial Setup

For the initail setup we will need 3 things.

- A Browser (Start > Internet)

- A calculator (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Calculator)

- A Notepad (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad)

These 3 things can be accessed quickly from your computer. Instructions are for Windows XP SP2. I can't help you with Vista/Mac, sorry.

Now, we will need 2 tabs for our browser. The Runescape game, and the Runescape forums.

Also, it is highly reccomended to bookmark World 2 for quick access, look for another guide to find this. :) Or, if you can't find a guide, you can download W2 from me, PM me if you want it.

So, after the initial setup your computer screen should look like this. I have used my bookmark and Mozilla Firefox.

((It may take a while to load..))

desktopxc5.png

Which World?

We will be using W22 for buying stake wins. So, open up the W22 bookmark, click on the little change world icon at the bottom of the page and choose W22. Simple!

w22ql7.png

Inventory

The setup for your inventory isn't very complex, it should just contain teleports, your money :-s and the things you have bought.

inventorypq9.png

Place

We will be merchanting in Duel Arena, so start off there. Then head down the patch toward the main medical area, then stay outdoors. You're there!

place1nk0.png

place2mv3.png

[/hide]

[hide=Reccomended things to buy]

Whips - Buy 1.3M, Sell 1.36M

Furys - Buy 3.35M, Sell 3.6-7M

Barrows - Search forums for prices, offer 2-300k less

Green Hallo Masks - Buy 18M, Sell 19M

DO NOT USE MY PRICES AFTER A WHILE! THEY WILL BECOME OUT OF DATE. HOWEVER, I WILL TRY AND UPDATE WHEN I CAN.[/b] [/hide]

[hide=Buying]

- How to buy

- Offering

- Forums

- Auctions

How to buy

Buying isn't very hard.. basically what you are buying are wins people have won from staking. The good thing about this is you can sell for 2-300k less than it should be! \'

Offering

Now, this most important part of the WHOLE guide. Offering. Basiaclly, follow these basic rules:

1. Stick to your price! If you are selling a whip for 1.38M do not sell for any less (any more of course if you get lucky! ::' ).

2. Haggle! Try and haggle the prices down to as low as possible!

3. Do not post super low offers. If you offer about 500-600k less the chances are they will just decline and you will lose a trade, TRY AND GET AS MANY TRADES AS YOU CAN!

Forums

The forums play a big part of offering. When buying and you are not sure of the price, DO NOT offer a random guess, allways make sure that you know the price. A good way to do this is to click on "Search Threads" on the RS Official Forums then type:

Buying ______

So then it should come up with a thread buying it, then offer about 2-300k less than what they are offering! \' If they decline, offer about 40-50k more which might persuade them. You will still make a profit!

forumll8.png

Auctions

Auctions are another good way of buying, not wins nesescerally for wins, but still good. Go to Weapons/Armour forums and look for auctions, bid the price you would buy it for at W22 if that is still high enough to count as a bid. Then check back, and if you've been out bid, just leave it.

[/hide]

[hide=Selling]

- How to sell

- Forums

- World 2

How to Sell

Selling is another crutial part of merchanting. I would reccomend selling in World 2 is an extremely good place to sell, so are the forums.

The Forums

Forums can be a good place to sell, just make a new post, and use this reccomended format:

I am selling a {ITEM} for {MONEY}.

PRICE IS FIRM!

Please post here, join my clan chat or PM me ingame. 

It may seem incredibly simple, but it gets the buyers in!

[/hide]

[hide=World 2]

World 2. Probably the most populated part of RuneScape ever. I would reccomend selling all the items you buy in World 2 Falador. Here are the places to sell popular wins.

[hide=The Park]

00000000000000000000000lq4.png

[/hide]

[hide=Eastern Fally]

world23gy4.png

[/hide]

[hide=Western Fally]

world22dw3.png

[/hide][/hide]

[hide=Thanks & Credits]

This is just a place to say my thanks.. :)

Jagex - For making the game and being such a great company! =D>

Tip.It - Thanks for being such a great fan site, and hosting the forums!

Image Shack - Thanks for hosting all my images!

Olangotang2 - Thanks for introducing me to merchanting wins, and being a great friend!

Squad Zezima - Thanks for introducing me to Merchanting in general!

Watchtwoord - Thanks for the correction on the Park Map.

This thread is Copyright Hugo Herman-Wilson 2007. Please don't copy anything or reporty time for you! [/hide]

Thanks for reading. If you find any mistakes/typos or have any improvements that I could make please don't hesitate to add them in! I appreciate everything you say!

hugo_da_dark.png

Here's a tip, next time save your entire guide to Microsoft word or something like that and then post it all at once. Also, you can fit 99% of all guides into one post, so no need to make reserves on tip.it forums.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

Yeah, the GE... :ohnoes:

However, I have stopped merchanting! :o

I got scammed.. yes, I know, uber nooby. However, I did and now have nothing! I've started to skill to try and get some more money, then may start again.

If merchanting still exists, that is.

hugo_da_dark.png

Not a bad guide, I hate and suck at merchanting so I don't have much to add there.

Your map however is very good, besides you forgot guthan armour, put it in. And why are you called noob all the time? There is nothing noobish about merchanting right?

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Well, no it's not noobish.

People think it is, you offer a low amount to merchant it, they decline and shout noob... :-k

You need to just get an amount which isn't too low but you can make some money out of it.

hugo_da_dark.png