Input? Something for school..

Greatsilverwyrm

Larger-sized version of a banner/logo/whatever I'm working on for a school website...

Please only constructive comments or criticsm, if you "rate" it, I will flog you.

cwr120mc.th.jpg

Some specific things if you'd like to help even more:

I'm not too happy with the shadow(s) on "CWR", any suggestions there would be nice.

Any ideas on better ways to carry out the "O" in "online" or somewhere completely different I should place the whole word..

EDIT:

Version 2 after a bit of playing...

cwr136me.th.jpg

Feel free to comment on either version, though. In fact, please do, if you can. :)

IRKAa.jpg

1) I like the first one better, so I'm only going to comment on that one if that's cool.

2) You mentioned the shadows on CWR, I think the shadows are fine, but the text itself.. if you could maybe sphereize it by whatever percent, I don't know if it'd work for the right affect, but something to give them a bit of a sphereical contour, to match the sphere behind them.

3) I think the W in CWR may be a bit too big in comparsion to the C and R.. so maybe have that somewhat smaller, or have the C/R somewhat larger?

4) Prehaps a subtle gradient in the background?

~Cal

Well the shadow of the world is off in both of them.. needs to be up more and rounded.. And yeah a subtle gradient would go well in the background, and give it a border.. And maybe outline the font, overall nice look though, took me a while to see [O]nline though :lol: ..

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

(Looking at version two..)

The [O]nline doesn't jump out at you immediately, it looks like the O has nothing to do with the Nline. Maybe shrinking the O, or making Nline bigger would make these feel slightly more natural?

The bright red coloured C and R stick out a lot more than anything else, and they don't seem to fit well with the rest of the image.

And there are some white choppy edges around the earth..

Well, thats all I can find that needs improvent. Nice logo :)

Oh, and version 1 is nice too, but looks a little busy inside that O, especially with all the colours mixing. I also prefer the background in version 2, not that its really that important :P

Two main things really

1. The globe really doesnt work as an o. Keep the globe but shove an o in there too

2. Red text looks horrible, try a darker shade of blue

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

1) I like the first one better, so I'm only going to comment on that one if that's cool.

2) You mentioned the shadows on CWR, I think the shadows are fine, but the text itself.. if you could maybe sphereize it by whatever percent, I don't know if it'd work for the right affect, but something to give them a bit of a sphereical contour, to match the sphere behind them.

3) I think the W in CWR may be a bit too big in comparsion to the C and R.. so maybe have that somewhat smaller, or have the C/R somewhat larger?

4) Prehaps a subtle gradient in the background?

~Cal

sorry but ill have to comment on this

i think it was exactly the point on making the W larger, it looks better with a big W.

i dont think a subtle gradient would work on this canvas.

your totally right about the letters.

great job really reminds me of a news program, i could say cnn using that logo.

signature_1.gif

Tis a thieverage of the darkwebz news :D

.com/67n5m]http://[Website not allowed due to abuse].com/67n5m

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

That's pretty cool 8,75/10!

/sarcasm

It's ok, but I don't think the whole composition of CWR is working. I'd suggest making the Online a bit darker from the rest of the globe to stand out a bit better. And well...I'm a total sucker when it comes to gloss.

Anyway. Here are my thoughts in a more visual media.

cwr.png

I hope you don't mind?