Barrows Kill Count Topic?

Nugget89

My friend and I both retired quite a while ago from runescape. We both started back recently (somewhat at least) and my friend started doing barrows.

Among other things we disagreed on (him saying mage bonus helped slayer dart/not using the "In Search of the Myreque" shortcut), he also claims that kill count helps significantly with what drops you get.

I remember quite a while ago reading a topic where someone had done some highly extensive research on it...documenting what they got for hundreds and hundreds of trips, both getting a low kill count and a high.

Anyone happen to remember that post or one like it? If so, if you could link me to it, it'd b immensely appreciated.

124 Combat

Retired Echo of Silence Council

http://rseos.com/forums/

I believe it works like this:

Only kill counts of a brother (6) may give you a chance to get a barrows part

Kill counts in tunnel along with brothers could get you the other items (runes,coins,racks? and stuff)

Though not 100% positive on this :oops:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I'm not sure what the link was, but I remember that the Kill Counts do affect the amount of runes, money, and xbolts you get, but does not affect the chances of getting rares.

I'll go find that link now.

EDIT:

Leester's guide mentions a little about the KC

9 ) The kill count increases your chances of getting a barrows drop only slightly. Do not waste your time killing 100 skeletons every drop. Its speed, remember. Kill all the brothers fast, get to the chest fast, and get back fast. It has been confirmed that kill count does improve your chances of getting something better from the chest, so get kill count to at least 10! Also, my own statistics show that there is a slight improvement in odds if you get your kill count over 20. Although, its a slight improvement, its arguable that its better to kill less and go faster, letting you do more trips per hour.

At 10-19 kill count, you should get an item 1 in every 18.1 trips.

At 20-29 kill count, you should get an item 1 in every 12.9 trips.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=560975

I remember the guide, I just can't find it... Off to continue the search!

Well mage bonus does help slayer dart just by very little so you're wrong there. All i can say on the topic though :-#

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Since when did that happen? Peope train at abbies with full guthans and slayer dart and even in full rune I always hit. I remember I used to always use mystic and people would chew me out saying I didn't need it. :oops: Guess it's good to know if I ever come back to playing/do barrows, lol.

His lack of use of the shortcut does disturb me though. I swear it takes 3x as long.

And thanks, azn. I really appreciate you looking...hopefully you can find it.

124 Combat

Retired Echo of Silence Council

http://rseos.com/forums/

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=633 ... +count+log

Try that one. I think it contains the information you are looking for. I know I've seen another one, but I can't find it. This one's probably just as good with all the calculations needed.

I hope I helped :)