Laptop Shutting Down Randomly While Playing

daver

Generic reply #3

Looks like w32.VaguePost.Noinfo>Nohelp has infected lot of the users of tipit

We're good but were not mind readers.

Please read the FAQ post before posting next time. Its hard to help people when they dont post the information we need to help you.

Please Scan your PC with your anti virus again with the latest defenitions, if you dont have antivirus (i really hope you do) then you can scan with Housecall

Please also download, if you havnt already done so, Ad Aware SE and Spybot S&D.

Scan with both those programs and remove any spyware and/or keyloggers if they show up.

Please also post a Hijckthis log in your thread. There are instructions in the stickys if you need more help.

---

Perhaps your pc is overheating. How hot does the back of your comp feel?

If you could post the spec of your pc too that would be great.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

My guess = overheating.

JAVA based games take up alot of CPU (no matter how fast it is) it will almost always run at 100% CPU. As many know, laptops are very compact and therefore can get hot... and quick. I myself have a laptop, but have never had this problem.

There should be some vent area's on the laptop, either on the bottomside, or bottom. Make sure nothing is blocking it... I hang part of my laptop off the table it rests on to allow more air to get in and out it is kind of hard to put into words... Let me start up mspaint

here you can see I moved the laptop off the teable to allow air to blow out

laptop9wo.png

here you can see I propped the laptop up using books to allow air in and out

lapyop22cq.png

try these, hope they help you!!

I had the same problem recently with my laptop and the issue was that it was overheating and shutting down as someone mentioned...

I had this problem on another laptop I owned previously and had to resort to using ice packs for a while (did not want to pay the $$$ for the repairs) but a word of caution the unexpected shutdowns ended up messing up my hard drive and resulted in my losing a lot of info from the unit when it crashed...

Good luck with your laptop.

swordsig16zk.gif

Get one of those Targus laptop chill pads, you can get at Staples, Office Depot, or any high-end computer store I believe...

I got one a week ago, and I have noticed an immediate change in the speed of my laptop when I use it longterm. You set your laptop on the pad, the pad has two minifans on the top that the laptop sets on and sucks the heat into the fans and out of the side of the pad, it is also USB port powered, so no batteries to mess with :) my laptop stays cool longer, and runs much faster if I use it longterm, so I highly reccomend it for anybody that runs games on a laptop.

thx zonda. maybe overheating is the problem. but when i try to run spybot or run a virus scan it shuts down too..lol overheating as well? it didnt use to shut down while doing scans and stuff.

delimli7.jpg

thx zonda. maybe overheating is the problem. but when i try to run spybot or run a virus scan it shuts down too..lol overheating as well? it didnt use to shut down while doing scans and stuff.

It could be overheating yes, because your CPU is doing alot of work while doing things like that, hence it gets hotter. It might have been fine before, but a fan may possibly have died, there may be a loose connection of power to the fan, it could have gotten disconnected or loose, ect :wink: