Disappointing Level 3 Treasure Trails

mosesthescot

So I've now done 5 level 3 Trails - all of them I was so excited to find the reward - and BAM - nothing impressive.

First - a rune plate (plain), a few sharks, a few purple sweets and 20 laws

Third (don't remember second - that should tell you something)- purple sweets, some firelighters, zammy page 3 (I guess that's not so bad).

Last (don't remember fourth) - 22 purple sweets, magic shortbow, 6 sharks.

I'm getting frustrated. Does what you kill make a difference in the reward? The last drop was from an Ankou, all the others from Blue Dragons.

MosestheScot

Keep hoping :D

I've done probably hundreds of level 3 clues without a single bloody robin (not to mention 3rd age item).

One day, at the least expected moment it will happen.

you'll do 1 of those easy 4 steps clue (legends guild map, Bolkoy,gnome coach, varoc bank) and....... bang :D

On- Topic

The monster and/or the clue's difficulty has nothing to do with the reward.

Yep it happen for me too.. to get good reward is rare, i try to open reward with ring of wealth then without it, really is not so big diference..

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

Clues are ment to be dissappointing.. They are so random and that's why the good rewards stay high in value. People don't do them long enough to get the good reward.

Personally, I can say I've done over 50 lvl 3's and my best item was a Guthix D'hide body. Which isn't bad but all the crappy items I got disswayed me from ever wanting to do clues again.. At least not for a long time.

Recently, if I see a clue.. I just let it sit there, or pick it up and let it sit in the bank for when I'm bored with everything else.

y r i s000 t3h !337?

i never do clues anymore. its way too much work for the rewards. the best thing i got was zammy pages that i sold quickly, but i rather do a million barrows runs in the hopes of a good item than run all over the world doing treasure trails where the odds of getting something good is actually worse than barrows

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

I got the 3rd age kite clue from hellhounds.

I dont hunt monsters just for clues. Only do the ones i get from my slayer killing.. ;)

crazymonster.png

Dragon: Platelegs[3] Plateskirts[4] D boots[46] Shield left halfs[2] D long (D imp)[1] D arrowtips (D imp)[202]

GWD Splits: Shards [2] GWD Solo: Shards [1]

Slayer: Black masks[1] G Mauls[10] Whips[4]

I'm a level 3, so the only way I can get clues is from pickpocketing HAM members.

I got a clue my first time ever and got one of those magic pages and sold 230k or so :D

Got another clue and did it, got something else worth about 150k-200k ish :D

However, I was really mad at the time because the only reason I wanted clues was for the firelighters.. and I didnt get any either time.

Third clue, I got like a longbow...... but I got my firelighters :D

So I've been pretty lucky, 3/3 good ones for me :P (most people would consider the 3rd bad though, I didnt :P :D)

oversized.jpg[/bads]